This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release

Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 9:50AM CDT

Categories: Game News, Press Releases, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 94,290

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The day has come, fellow Seibertronians of the gaming persuasion, for Transformers: Devastation to burst into your consoles and devices and take up time, money and effort after months of previews and teasers! Check out below the Activision press release for the game, along with a brand new trailer!

ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC. LAUNCHES PLATINUMGAMES’ EARTH-SHATTERING ACTION-BRAWLER: TRANSFORMERS: DEVASTATION


SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Oct. 6, 2015 – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), today released TRANSFORMERS: Devastation. This new third-person action-brawler rolls into battle with Hasbro’s classic Generations designs and developer PlatinumGames’ renowned flair for slick visuals and free-flowing, high-speed combat.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation moves at a breakneck pace: rocket through danger in vehicle mode before bursting into robot mode to unleash a barrage of close-quarters combos and blaster fire. Tackle the game’s gripping single-player campaign and 50 highly challenging bonus missions with any of five playable heroes – OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, SIDESWIPE, WHEELJACK and GRIMLOCK. Each of these characters can be evolved with new abilities, unique talents and more than 150 upgradeable weapons.

Brought to life with bold, cel-shaded artwork, TRANSFORMERS: Devastation features legendary TRANSFORMERS voice actors like Dan Gilvezan as BUMBLEBEE, Frank Welker as MEGATRON and SOUNDWAVE, Michael Bell as SIDESWIPE, Gregg Berger as GRIMLOCK, and Peter Cullen as OPTIMUS PRIME. As the fates of Earth and Cybertron collide, the noble AUTOBOTS must face off against the DECEPTICONS’ most ruthless champions in an original adventure from veteran TRANSFORMERS writer Andy Schmidt that expands the series’ ongoing Combiner Wars story arc.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation is now available for MSRP $49.99 on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Windows PC via Steam. It is rated T (Teen) by the ESRB. For more information, please visit www.TransformersGame.com and www.facebook.com/TransformersGame.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com, or by following @Activision.

About PlatinumGames Inc.

PlatinumGames Inc. is an independent entertainment developer based in Osaka, Japan, dedicated to making high-quality, next-generation games for a variety of hardware platforms. Under the slogan “Taking on the World as the Representative of Japan,” PlatinumGames works hard to deliver fresh surprises and new experiences to gamers all over the world. Official website: www.platinumgames.com.

About Hasbro, Inc.

Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH, TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world. The Company’s Hasbro Studios creates entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. Learn more at www.hasbro.com and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews).

©2015 Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. "PlayStation" and "PS3" are registered trademarks. "PS4" is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.




Credit(s): Activision

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731892)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 6th, 2015 @ 9:55am CDT
Boy, Motormaster and Menasor sound nothing like their cartoon voices. :P
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731896)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 6th, 2015 @ 10:36am CDT
Va'al wrote:The day has come, fellow Seibertronians of the gaming persuasion, for Transformers: Devastation to burst into your consoles and devices and take up time, money and effort after months of previews and teasers! Check out below the Activision press release for the game, along with a brand new trailer!

ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC. LAUNCHES PLATINUMGAMES’ EARTH-SHATTERING ACTION-BRAWLER: TRANSFORMERS: DEVASTATION


SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Oct. 6, 2015 – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), today released TRANSFORMERS: Devastation. This new third-person action-brawler rolls into battle with Hasbro’s classic Generations designs and developer PlatinumGames’ renowned flair for slick visuals and free-flowing, high-speed combat.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation moves at a breakneck pace: rocket through danger in vehicle mode before bursting into robot mode to unleash a barrage of close-quarters combos and blaster fire. Tackle the game’s gripping single-player campaign and 50 highly challenging bonus missions with any of five playable heroes – OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, SIDESWIPE, WHEELJACK and GRIMLOCK. Each of these characters can be evolved with new abilities, unique talents and more than 150 upgradeable weapons.

Brought to life with bold, cel-shaded artwork, TRANSFORMERS: Devastation features legendary TRANSFORMERS voice actors like Dan Gilvezan as BUMBLEBEE, Frank Welker as MEGATRON and SOUNDWAVE, Michael Bell as SIDESWIPE, Gregg Berger as GRIMLOCK, and Peter Cullen as OPTIMUS PRIME. As the fates of Earth and Cybertron collide, the noble AUTOBOTS must face off against the DECEPTICONS’ most ruthless champions in an original adventure from veteran TRANSFORMERS writer Andy Schmidt that expands the series’ ongoing Combiner Wars story arc.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation is now available for MSRP $49.99 on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Windows PC via Steam. It is rated T (Teen) by the ESRB. For more information, please visit http://www.TransformersGame.com and http://www.facebook.com/TransformersGame.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, http://www.activision.com, or by following @Activision.

About PlatinumGames Inc.

PlatinumGames Inc. is an independent entertainment developer based in Osaka, Japan, dedicated to making high-quality, next-generation games for a variety of hardware platforms. Under the slogan “Taking on the World as the Representative of Japan," PlatinumGames works hard to deliver fresh surprises and new experiences to gamers all over the world. Official website: http://www.platinumgames.com.

About Hasbro, Inc.

Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH, TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world. The Company’s Hasbro Studios creates entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. Learn more at http://www.hasbro.com and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews).

©2015 Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. "PlayStation" and "PS3" are registered trademarks. "PS4" is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.







Aye it maybe released elsewhere today! But it's not released in the UK til the 9th!

http://www.tesco.com/direct/transformer ... d=621-5078
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731897)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on October 6th, 2015 @ 10:37am CDT
Still waiting for it to unlock on Steam. Gonna try to livestream whenever it's downloaded.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731906)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 6th, 2015 @ 11:15am CDT
I just uploaded the video on my You Tube page of me camping outside of Gamestop last night and picking the game up today. I'm not going to post it here for reasons, but I did get the game. I just hope it was worth it.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731919)
Posted by leokearon on October 6th, 2015 @ 11:36am CDT
While it's not out until Friday over here, it's a review of the game thanks to UK gamers GameCentral

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/06/transform ... e-5423610/
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731920)
Posted by hyperconvoy69 on October 6th, 2015 @ 11:39am CDT
I actually received my copy yesterday via Amazon. The game itself is absolutely stunning and if you're a fan of games such as Bayonetta, or just a fan of pulling off crazy combos, you're sure to love this game too.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731926)
Posted by Starsaber468 on October 6th, 2015 @ 12:07pm CDT
Their should be a dlc for the game thatadds a new more storyline along with the japan g1 only characters to be in it
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731938)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 6th, 2015 @ 1:10pm CDT
I've been playing for almost 2 hours, and only beat the first mission. The whole thing was like the last 40 minutes of any of the TF movies. This game is intense and you can die pretty damn easily. Even though I haven't yet. One thing I don't like, though, are that the enemies still hit you even while you're hitting them. I always hate that in games. Other than that, it's the greatest game of all time.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731944)
Posted by Railbomb on October 6th, 2015 @ 1:31pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote: Other than that, it's the greatest game of all time.


Ehhhhhhhh... I wouldn't go that far.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731961)
Posted by It Is Him on October 6th, 2015 @ 2:35pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote: One thing I don't like, though, are that the enemies still hit you even while you're hitting them. I always hate that in games.


Based on my prior knowledge of Bayonetta, it sounds like you're supposed to dodge enemy attacks, not "punch storm" through them. I also hear you can buy counterattacks as well, so it's not all just button mashing. There's some finesse, too.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731966)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 6th, 2015 @ 2:45pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote: One thing I don't like, though, are that the enemies still hit you even while you're hitting them. I always hate that in games.


Based on my prior knowledge of Bayonetta, it sounds like you're supposed to dodge enemy attacks, not "punch storm" through them. I also hear you can buy counterattacks as well, so it's not all just button mashing. There's some finesse, too.


You are supposed to dodge them, but when I hit an enemy, I don't just want them to stand there like nothing's happening.

Also, here's me getting the highest rank in a challenge mode. I usually never play any game on anything higher than the easiest difficulty, but this game... I like this game.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731967)
Posted by Shadowman on October 6th, 2015 @ 2:50pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:The whole thing was like the last 40 minutes of any of the TF movies.


Well, that's all I need to hear to feel justified in not buying it until it's at least 80% off.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731976)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 6th, 2015 @ 3:19pm CDT
I just found the Forge of Solus Prime and Grimlock's mace from AOE. I love the fact that you can use weapons from other continuities. This is great.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731979)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 6th, 2015 @ 3:38pm CDT
£40 for the PS4 and £25 for the PS3 on Amazon. Can't see there being much difference between the 2 systems, hardly taxing graphics style.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731986)
Posted by DedicatedGhostArt on October 6th, 2015 @ 4:00pm CDT
Yeah the Transformers Devastation trailer, is now one of the trailers that's been playing on Youtube before all the videos. This is old news for me.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731989)
Posted by Burn on October 6th, 2015 @ 4:15pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Yeah the Transformers Devastation trailer, is now one of the trailers that's been playing on Youtube before all the videos. This is old news for me.

Thank you for your incredibly helpful contribution. I was sitting here having breakfast thinking "I wonder what trailers are playing before most Youtube videos these days" and suddenly, boom! There you are answering my question.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1731997)
Posted by Shadowman on October 6th, 2015 @ 4:38pm CDT
Burn wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Yeah the Transformers Devastation trailer, is now one of the trailers that's been playing on Youtube before all the videos. This is old news for me.

Thank you for your incredibly helpful contribution. I was sitting here having breakfast thinking "I wonder what trailers are playing before most Youtube videos these days" and suddenly, boom! There you are answering my question.


The only part of that that surprises me is that there are people in this world who aren't using AdBlock.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732012)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 6th, 2015 @ 5:18pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:I just found the Forge of Solus Prime and Grimlock's mace from AOE. I love the fact that you can use weapons from other continuities. This is great.

That is pretty cool man! :BOT:
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732016)
Posted by DeadCaL on October 6th, 2015 @ 5:27pm CDT
The Super Best Friends have played through the first chapter. They're Platinum (and fighting game) fans and are pretty impressed. I'm surprised that there's a loot and upgrade system, I thought it was just gonna be just hack and slash.

Although that is obviously alot of it, cos you know... Platinum.

Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732023)
Posted by RodimusRex on October 6th, 2015 @ 6:32pm CDT
So regarding Bumblebee, did you guys catch the spoilers about him?

He finds out details of his future.

He will become Goldbug then Goldfire then he'll take on three identities after that including "Race-Welder" and a final form after that.

I'm really dying to see Race-Welder now.

That detail sortof positions this pre-movie (or at least whatever the equivalent is here) (which was kind of obvious) but goes on to give hints about post-G1 Bumblebee.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732035)
Posted by Shadowman on October 6th, 2015 @ 7:48pm CDT
RodimusRex wrote:That detail sortof positions this pre-movie (or at least whatever the equivalent is here) (which was kind of obvious) but goes on to give hints about post-G1 Bumblebee.


That places it pre-movie? The fact that a huge number of characters who didn't survive the movie are in the game doesn't?
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732039)
Posted by RodimusRex on October 6th, 2015 @ 8:03pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:
RodimusRex wrote:That detail sortof positions this pre-movie (or at least whatever the equivalent is here) (which was kind of obvious) but goes on to give hints about post-G1 Bumblebee.


That places it pre-movie? The fact that a huge number of characters who didn't survive the movie are in the game doesn't?


Well... I guess I've always been to some extent a "toy continuity" guy.

So in my head, Action Master Wheeljack comes from an era after Optimus Prime died and returned.

I figured the game might gloss over connections to other continuities (ie. no relationship to the movie) or take place in a post-Headmasters setting where all the dead characters came back (which is kind of how the Japanese handle G2 and Classics).

As it happens, it seems to be a lot like Binaltech. It positions itself as a prequel (more or less) to the 1986 movie. Some inconsistencies from other media sources.

But the thing that stands out for me is Bumblebee being told he would later become Goldbug (the spoilers there are 25 years old) and Goldfire (which is apparently a later name of Goldbug in the game continuity) and then the new identities after that.

Now, in the IDW books, Goldbug is a separate character (man, they're big on every variation being a separate character) and Goldfire is Bumblebee's upgraded form.

The game has Goldbug and Goldfire both as later phases of Bumblebee's development and then the other identities, which as near as I can tell are brand new versions of Bumblebee.

So while the game does take place in a kind of pre-movie G1, it also hints at the movie as being an event that happens later (the stuff with Nova Prime being corrupted by, presumably, Unicron who is on his way to destroy Cybertron) and then goes a step further by revealing Bumblebee will become Goldbug THEN Goldfire THEN Race-Welder and the other couple of identities.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732040)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 6th, 2015 @ 8:03pm CDT
It's pretty good game. I don't like 2 things so far: we can't choose who we play as, the game chooses for us. And we fight Megatron 3 times already in the 1st chapter. He's supposed to be the ultimate villain, the boss of bosses. We shouldn't face him until the end. 2 things the Armada game got right, and this game got wrong. 2 reasons why that game is better than this one. Otherwise, the most fun I've had so far playing the game is Sideswipe fighting Megatron.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732041)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on October 6th, 2015 @ 8:14pm CDT
Just picked mine up tonight. PS4. I am going to play the hell out of this. Still wishing there was a co-op campaign on this. If this does well enough sales wise, we may see future installments with the ability to play as some of our favorite Cons.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732057)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on October 6th, 2015 @ 9:44pm CDT
First impressions: the graphics are sparse but they work. My son loves watching this game. He's only 17 months old so not old enough to play but he def enjoys it.
Gameplay is solid, nice mechanics. I like the pace for sure. It reminds me of Metal Gear Rising in ways. At times I feel like I'm going between button mashing and employing various tactics during combat. Overall so far it is damn good fun.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732061)
Posted by zko on October 6th, 2015 @ 10:05pm CDT
Got my steam copy preordered with the DLC for nemesis prime etc.

So far the game is great, graphics are cool with the cartoon look, gameplay is kind of like the Prime game for Wii and DS, but has more vehicle mode stuff to do, and cooler unlockable content.

The animation in some places is really sweet, like when chasing Megatron with sideswipe in the intro levels... only played about an hour and a half so far, doing a playthrough on scout with bumblebee, but will definitely be ramping up the skill later for a harder playthrough.

Better than I expected it to be so far.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732063)
Posted by It Is Him on October 6th, 2015 @ 10:17pm CDT
Target is selling PS4s with $50 gift cards this week. If you get the deal, the gift card will cover Devastation.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732064)
Posted by 1984forever on October 6th, 2015 @ 10:32pm CDT
I took the day off from work to experience the first decent Transformers offering in over a decade. Being a G1 purist, I ended the game using only the characters classic weapons. Prime's axe and Ion blaster, Grimlock's red sword etc. The game was a lot of fun and did not disappoint. However, I am very disappointed in Hasbro for not releasing more "Devastation" style figures to accompany the game. Prime and Megatron fight several times during this game, so why isn't there a tank Megatron who is the same size as CW Prime? No G1 style Grimlock or Blitzwing, and no Sideswipe with big honking shoulder cannon in sight! Why?

Hopefully if there is a sequel, Hasbro will release more video game based figures the next time around. I want to see the '86 movie characters in Devastation form.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732066)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 6th, 2015 @ 11:09pm CDT
1984forever wrote:No G1 style Grimlock or Blitzwing, and no Sideswipe with big honking shoulder cannon in sight!
Those 3 are all in the game.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732069)
Posted by RodimusRex on October 6th, 2015 @ 11:47pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
1984forever wrote:No G1 style Grimlock or Blitzwing, and no Sideswipe with big honking shoulder cannon in sight!
Those 3 are all in the game.



I believe he's saying there should be toys, if only retools, that mirror the game's designs.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732078)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 7th, 2015 @ 12:38am CDT
RodimusRex wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
1984forever wrote:No G1 style Grimlock or Blitzwing, and no Sideswipe with big honking shoulder cannon in sight!
Those 3 are all in the game.



I believe he's saying there should be toys, if only retools, that mirror the game's designs.
Oh right. Now that I read it again, I see. I think the CW G1 Megatron we got is good for the character in the game, even if the toy's lower legs are atrocious. If anything, we should have had (yet another) G1-style Prime, if we were gonna get figures for the game. Sideswipe, Bee, and Grimlock all have toys that are the same design as the models in the game. I haven't seen Wheeljack in action yet, so I don't know about him.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732079)
Posted by -Soundwave- on October 7th, 2015 @ 12:40am CDT
Seems a bit silly since the game is G1 and I pretty much have most of them, but if they put out game toys, I'd buy them.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732081)
Posted by Regimus Prime on October 7th, 2015 @ 1:00am CDT
I had a chance to play some of Devastation at the Hasbro Booth at San Diego Comic-Con this year. I knew then that I had to have this game. I bought two copies today. One for my PS4 and the other for the Xbox One, that way when the wife is watching the Lifetime or Oxygen networks in the living room I can steer clear and play it on Xbox One in our bedroom. It's great to me. It's chalk full of Sunbow G1 goodness. I'm playing right now and just found freakin Kremzeek. KREMZEEK! So far the 9 year old in me can't stop cheesin because he and I have spent the past 30 years waiting for this game, but the adult gamer knows better then to compare this game to WFC or FOC. This game is dedicated to G1 cartoon lovers and is basically a vehicle that allows us fans (old and new) to play through a G1 episode that is loosely based on a few of those classics from seasons 1 and 2. I still give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars :BOT: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732086)
Posted by zko on October 7th, 2015 @ 1:32am CDT
Heh, equipped the dark star saber from preorder DLC and was pleased to see it throws the energy beams like on Prime tv show.

Also, quick question about unlockables/easter eggs. The menu has content for decepticon flags and krimzeek, I've seen a few of the flags from a distance but dont know how to access or reach them, one was on top of a skyscraper and another flag was on the beach near the bridge to the island. I've seen a few krimzeeks up close in the city but have no idea how to catch them to unlock the menu items.

I just got done with chapter 5, also, and it feels like its getting towards the end, anyone know how many chapters are in the game yet?

Mostly looking for how to catch the krimzeek though.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732090)
Posted by SkyWarpt on October 7th, 2015 @ 2:09am CDT
If anyone was wondering about multiplayer it appears that a community event will happen in 5 days. Hopefully that will be the multiplayer by way of an update. You can fact check me by looking at Trophies or Acheivements.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732091)
Posted by SkyWarpt on October 7th, 2015 @ 2:09am CDT
SkyWarpt wrote:If anyone was wondering about multiplayer, it appears that a community event will happen in 5 days. Hopefully that will be the multiplayer by way of an update. You can fact check me by looking at Trophies or Acheivements.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732095)
Posted by 1984forever on October 7th, 2015 @ 3:38am CDT
Sustain wrote:Seems a bit silly since the game is G1 and I pretty much have most of them, but if they put out game toys, I'd buy them.
it's okay that you're only thinking of yourself, but Hasbro needs to think about the kids. My 8yr old wants all 5 Autobots now. So what should I do? Should I order him his own classics Sideswipe, Henkei Bumblebee, generations Wheeljack and FOC Target Grimlock to go with CW Prime, or should I just give him my MPs? It would be nice if Hasbro would make the characters available on store shelves after essentially showing an hours long interactive toy commercial to kids.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732114)
Posted by -Soundwave- on October 7th, 2015 @ 9:44am CDT
1984forever wrote:
Sustain wrote:Seems a bit silly since the game is G1 and I pretty much have most of them, but if they put out game toys, I'd buy them.
it's okay that you're only thinking of yourself, but Hasbro needs to think about the kids. My 8yr old wants all 5 Autobots now. So what should I do? Should I order him his own classics Sideswipe, Henkei Bumblebee, generations Wheeljack and FOC Target Grimlock to go with CW Prime, or should I just give him my MPs? It would be nice if Hasbro would make the characters available on store shelves after essentially showing an hours long interactive toy commercial to kids.

My kid's a teen and she doesn't really care, but you've got a good point.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732116)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2015 @ 9:48am CDT
Just so it's clear, there are no toys made for this game.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732126)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 7th, 2015 @ 10:12am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Just so it's clear, there are no toys made for this game.
Yes, we know. That's why he's complaining.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732159)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 7th, 2015 @ 11:23am CDT
zko wrote:Heh, equipped the dark star saber from preorder DLC and was pleased to see it throws the energy beams like on Prime tv show.

Also, quick question about unlockables/easter eggs. The menu has content for decepticon flags and krimzeek, I've seen a few of the flags from a distance but dont know how to access or reach them, one was on top of a skyscraper and another flag was on the beach near the bridge to the island. I've seen a few krimzeeks up close in the city but have no idea how to catch them to unlock the menu items.

I just got done with chapter 5, also, and it feels like its getting towards the end, anyone know how many chapters are in the game yet?

Mostly looking for how to catch the krimzeek though.


You run up to Krimzeek and press whatever console you're on's rightmost button (PS4- Circle, Xbox- B)

And you shoot the Decepticon flags.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732171)
Posted by Shadowman on October 7th, 2015 @ 1:53pm CDT
1984forever wrote:
Sustain wrote:Seems a bit silly since the game is G1 and I pretty much have most of them, but if they put out game toys, I'd buy them.
it's okay that you're only thinking of yourself, but Hasbro needs to think about the kids. My 8yr old wants all 5 Autobots now. So what should I do? Should I order him his own classics Sideswipe, Henkei Bumblebee, generations Wheeljack and FOC Target Grimlock to go with CW Prime, or should I just give him my MPs? It would be nice if Hasbro would make the characters available on store shelves after essentially showing an hours long interactive toy commercial to kids.


Make him pick which one he wants the most and have him save up his allowance or whatever to earn it. That's what my parents did.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732294)
Posted by SkyWarpt on October 7th, 2015 @ 8:42pm CDT
1984forever wrote:
Sustain wrote:Seems a bit silly since the game is G1 and I pretty much have most of them, but if they put out game toys, I'd buy them.
it's okay that you're only thinking of yourself, but Hasbro needs to think about the kids. My 8yr old wants all 5 Autobots now. So what should I do? Should I order him his own classics Sideswipe, Henkei Bumblebee, generations Wheeljack and FOC Target Grimlock to go with CW Prime, or should I just give him my MPs? It would be nice if Hasbro would make the characters available on store shelves after essentially showing an hours long interactive toy commercial to kids.

Well bumblebee, wheeljack and sideswipe are chug molds in toon form.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732361)
Posted by RodimusRex on October 7th, 2015 @ 9:53pm CDT
The prophecies from the game:

Optimus Prime:
Teletraan Alpha: Scanning… Identified. Cybertronian Matrix Bearer designated Optimus Prime. Through the Matrix we can foretell your future. You will defeat your great enemy, and the war you have waged will end soon. You will lead your people so that they may face their darkest hour, but they will face it without you.
Optimus: You say the war will end and my friends will be safe. That is all I could ever ask.


Wheeljack:
Teletraan Alpha: Scanning… Identified. Cybertronian Wheeljack. Darkness comes for us all. Your time may be short, but your legacy will endure. That which you have made will, in time, save planets.
Wheeljack: My time may be short?! Good thing I don’t believe in hocus pocus prophecies… Please-don’t-be-true. Please-don’t-be-true. Please-don’t-be-true.


Sideswipe:
Teletraan Alpha: Scanning… Identified. Cybertronian Sideswipe. Beware the coming tide of chaos… Your very nature will be tested, and an abyss will present itself to you. Face it with courage, and you will live. Face it with anger, and the fates are not so kind.
Sideswipe: Have you been talkin' to my brother? 'Cause you sound just like him!


Bumblebee:
Teletraan Alpha: Scanning… Identified. Cybertronian Bumblebee. Beware the coming tide of chaos… You will evolve, known by another name. In time, your spirit will be that of legend. Your monikers will be many: The World’s Bridge. Goldbug. Race-Welder. And finally… Goldfire.
Bumblebee: Well, that makes me feel special…
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732366)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2015 @ 9:56pm CDT
So it's new continuity with obvious influences from previous ones.

Also, water is wet. :P
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732392)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 7th, 2015 @ 10:31pm CDT
Whheljack invented the Dinobot's bodies. I assume the Cosmotron. What else? This prophecy intrigues me. Could that other invention be related to the Binaltech doohickey? Or that anti-hypno device?
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732528)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on October 8th, 2015 @ 6:15am CDT
RodimusRex wrote:The prophecies from the game:

Optimus Prime:
Teletraan Alpha: Scanning… Identified. Cybertronian Matrix Bearer designated Optimus Prime. Through the Matrix we can foretell your future. You will defeat your great enemy, and the war you have waged will end soon. You will lead your people so that they may face their darkest hour, but they will face it without you.
Optimus: You say the war will end and my friends will be safe. That is all I could ever ask.


Wheeljack:
Teletraan Alpha: Scanning… Identified. Cybertronian Wheeljack. Darkness comes for us all. Your time may be short, but your legacy will endure. That which you have made will, in time, save planets.
Wheeljack: My time may be short?! Good thing I don’t believe in hocus pocus prophecies… Please-don’t-be-true. Please-don’t-be-true. Please-don’t-be-true.


Sideswipe:
Teletraan Alpha: Scanning… Identified. Cybertronian Sideswipe. Beware the coming tide of chaos… Your very nature will be tested, and an abyss will present itself to you. Face it with courage, and you will live. Face it with anger, and the fates are not so kind.
Sideswipe: Have you been talkin' to my brother? 'Cause you sound just like him!


Bumblebee:
Teletraan Alpha: Scanning… Identified. Cybertronian Bumblebee. Beware the coming tide of chaos… You will evolve, known by another name. In time, your spirit will be that of legend. Your monikers will be many: The World’s Bridge. Goldbug. Race-Welder. And finally… Goldfire.
Bumblebee: Well, that makes me feel special…


Grimlock's basically says it can't read his future.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732790)
Posted by It Is Him on October 8th, 2015 @ 11:53pm CDT
Devastation is heaven. I'm so glad I caved, bought a PS4 yesterday, and used Target's $50 gift card promo to buy Devastation.
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732796)
Posted by zodconvoy on October 9th, 2015 @ 12:12am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Just so it's clear, there are no toys made for this game.


Tell that to Takara because I feel like I spent $50 on an advert for the Masterpiece line. Seriously, if they announced tomorrow that next year they were doing MP Battlechargers I'd preorder 3 of them in blue.

I didn't go through the thread but did anybody else not get a DLC code when they picked it up for the X-Box One? Evidently, that's been a big issue and the one they called me back with today didn't work.

Also, the Devastation Autobots as the Masterpiece Ginyu Force. Just because.

Image
Re: Activision and Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation - Press Release (1732804)
Posted by Shadowman on October 9th, 2015 @ 12:56am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Just so it's clear, there are no toys made for this game.


Tell that to Takara because I feel like I spent $50 on an advert for the Masterpiece line.


Why Takara? They weren't involved in this at all.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM895 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #1 Cvr A IDW Comics JAN200696 1A Fullerton 240427B"
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #3 IDW Comics 2020 MAR200693 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220444 3RI (CA) Lafuente"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr E 1:10 Connecting Image Comics 2023 0823IM290 1E (CA)Arocena"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210491 (CA)Goux (W) Watters"
Transformers HALLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM326 5D (CA) Bustos"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 2nd ptg Cvr A Devastator Image Comics 2024 0324IM864 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #6 2n ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #354 - Identity Crisis
Twincast / Podcast #354:
"Identity Crisis"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, July 13th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON