Thursday, July 21st, 2016 3:38pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Press Releases, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 32,488

Seibertronians, just in case you didn't get a good enough look at the series in the first trailer, courtesy of Seibertron himself, we have a special peek inside the first episode of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars animated cartoon. In addition to a bit of the Machinima panel, we also get our first look at the new female Autobot and Combiner Hunter, Maxima! Check her, and the rest of the trailer out below, and tell us your thoughts in the comments! And, as always, keep your optics and audio sensors tuned to Seibertron.com, the best Transformers news source on the net!

Credit(s): Bronzewolf

Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807749)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:43pm CDT
Clip starts at 1:49
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807751)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:45pm CDT
Anyone else finding themselves getting less and less excited for this?

I mean... I'll watch it, and I'm sure I'll find something to enjoy about it, but ehhh... since that Windblade preview I've not exactly had as easy a time getting myself hyped for this.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807770)
Posted by Autobot N on July 21st, 2016 @ 4:15pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Anyone else finding themselves getting less and less excited for this?
It happened as soon as I saw the clips with Windblade standing over Computron and slicing off Menasor's arm with ease. I was ready to enjoy this series, I was even able to disregard Windblade being the main character (though it did kinda annoy me). But this? This is absurd.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807773)
Posted by Deadput on July 21st, 2016 @ 4:27pm CDT

I'm going to watch this show to be entertained not looking for a grand story and I'll be happy that way.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807821)
Posted by jamarmiller on July 21st, 2016 @ 6:36pm CDT
this is awesome ! I love this clip.

Super excited. Sad though its only 40 minutes arghhhhh
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807836)
Posted by ausbot on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:19pm CDT
Looks great, cannot wait.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807854)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2016 @ 8:44pm CDT
Deadput wrote:At least it's a new character instead of Optimus or Bumblebee being the main character for the billionth time.
Stop missing the point, man. It doesn't matter that she's a new character or not. The thing we don't like about this is that it's taking the brand new character that many of us know and love and depicting her in a negative light. The naive, altruistic, optimistic, and dutiful Windblade from the comics, whose personality we were hoping to see reflected here, has been reduced to a homicidal psychopathic maniac. Even disregarding the personality of IDW Windblade, that kind of personality is never acceptable for our main heroic protagonist gateway character, especially in a work related to a children's toy brand. She's basically an Arcee knockoff at this point, and no one wanted that. Just because it's doing something different doesn't automatically make it good.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807856)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 8:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I know we disagree a lot but thank you for putting my thoughts into words better than my attempts earlier
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807858)
Posted by Delicon on July 21st, 2016 @ 8:54pm CDT
Here's my thoughts.

First, the animation is great. It looks modern but has the G1 feel at the same time.

The length is a major bummer. This whole series we've been waiting for is as long as 2 standard episodes? Why were they not upfront about it? It's not even the length of a TV movie or miniseries.

As far as the voices go, we honestly didn't hear many but let me tackle the Optimus Prime voice. They really dropped the ball here. It seems obvious they didn't want to pay Peter Cullen. Anyone who has heard Jon Bailey's Optimus voice knows that it is the next best thing and actually sounds more like G1 Prime than Cullen himself has in recent years. The problem is that this isn't Bailey's Prime voice, it's a very generic sounding voice that really misses the mark. I would hope that we'll get more G1 based animation in the future and a real series and hopefully Jon can return as Optimus and do the voice the way he has before.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807860)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 21st, 2016 @ 8:58pm CDT
One small fault I find, nitpicking but Menasor doesn't have the titanic echoing sound I'd like to expect like when you heard Devs shout "Prepare for eXXterminAtion!" in the 1986 movie. Aside from that, the animation is AWESOME!
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807881)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2016 @ 9:49pm CDT
I do like the animation. I'm looking forward to the show
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807904)
Posted by gantzrunner on July 21st, 2016 @ 10:35pm CDT
Jeez the animation looks beautiful, but it is so chopy it irritates my eyes. Look, we know it's 3d, so can we stop the practice of ditching frames to try and make it look like traditional animation? It feels like watching a clip on a bad connection, not quite buffering but not running smooth either. Hopefully the official release will look better, but there are a lot of animated shows that handle cg this way so I'm worried.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807913)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 21st, 2016 @ 10:47pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:Seriously? If Windblade can take down Combiners that easily, then why are they a huge threat in the first place? :BANG_HEAD:

THIS!!!!

I saw Windblade taking off Manassor's Arm with her Sword and immediately got turned off... I'm loosing a lot of faith in this show. Not that I really had much to start.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807918)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:00pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Really? Not this video crap again.

But really? Windblade can just cut down combiners like that? sheesh!

Yeah, I can see some clueless exec at a Hasbro board meeting going, "Yeah...lets make her the She-Ra of the TF Universe! I'm telling you, fans will love it!"

*Shudders with revolution*

Sigma Magnus wrote:Well...she wants to kill all combiners. Maybe she just made anti-combiner weapons to help with that?

I honestly think that's what Hasbro believes we want to see. Trust me if it wasn't her being forced down our throats then it would've been Bumblebee. Why?

Because Hasbro are idiots that why! Remember they had a station all to themselves and we all know how that turned out. So their input in this show isn't turning out to be much better.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807919)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:02pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Really? Not this video crap again.

But really? Windblade can just cut down combiners like that? sheesh!

*Shudders with revolution*

I was really confused when I saw this quote wondering what the hell I said and when.

Now I get it. the video not working for other counties hence "video crap."

And yeah, kinda a bit overpowered she is, at least I think so
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807920)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:09pm CDT

BUT... Then I noticed the mouth movement, and went "Oh... OH! So that's what they meant by... Oh... Oh no... Oh NO! No. No no no no no no nonononononoooooo!"

That mouth movement is exactly the same kind of underdetailed featureless mouth movement that is common to many anime, and which we got back in both Energon and Cybertron. Image
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807923)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:There's something else about the animation I feel is worth mentioning, but it's something that might make folks re-think their positive opinions about it. We were told previously that the animation for this would be in an anime style. Upon watching the video, I kept that in mind and at first thought "This doesn't look like an anime at all. It looks like a normal cel-shaded CGI Western cartoon."

Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807925)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:16pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:I have seen worse. Not from a Transformers cartoon, but I have seen something. Something that makes Energon look like a film from Studio Ghibli.
Yes yes, we know there's animation out there as bad as Food Fight, but that doesn't change the fact that Energon-grade animation is still bad.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807927)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Thank you for not making me say the title to that abomination. I die a little every time I say it. But yeah, mouth movement is Energon-like, but the rest looks rather good in my opinion. Yes it's kinda sluggish, but still better than Energon.
Re: Additional footage of the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series; Panel footage, featuring Fembot Maxima #SDCC #HasbroSDCC (1807928)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:19pm CDT
Xarmech wrote:I see Maxima fighting Menasor, but I don't see her anywhere else in the trailer. I hope they don't pull a "Cliffjumper" and kill her off before we get to know her.

P.S. Starscream sounds more like his G1 character, why so mad, and Windblade has been murder crazy in the comics before and at least she's not like her RID counterpart.

"Murder crazy"?

Her and Chromia together couldn't even beat Starscream in Windblade Vol. 1. Now they have her chopping off Combiner limbs..... Defend this all you like but if that wasn't some type of dream sequence or "danger room battle". I might be done with this show before it even starts.

The Developers of this show should know better.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
"Til All Are 2021"
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse SKY BYTE, Tiny Turbo Changers 2020" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES - ENERGON ARMOR SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Frenzy & Buzzsaw 2 Pack 2015 SDCC Exclusive Set" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Leg Part" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Terrorcon Blot Near Mint Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Soundwave #83 Bumblebee Movie IN HAND SEALED!!" on EBAY