Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper

Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 4:52pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 47,925

Additional images of the set meant to upgrade Classics Cliffjumper have been posted to ACToys.net. The images include a side by side comparison with the original head, and reveal light piping in new new custom. Some of the images have been mirrored below for your viewing pleasure. You can view all the images by clicking here. No word yet on availability or price.

Credit(s): ACToys.net

This article was last modified on Sunday, January 30th, 2011 4:55pm CST

Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175708)
Posted by --B-- on January 30th, 2011 @ 5:09pm CST
Hmmm, I was excited by this before, now, not so much. The "helmet" part is great, but the face is too feminine. Not that I could do any better.

It's OK, but it's really going to depend on the price. My WFC CJ head currently on my Classics was only 9 bucks, and came with a hand gun and a sweet model car :P
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175710)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on January 30th, 2011 @ 5:10pm CST
The face looks strange to me...but I still like it :x

hopefully will get price and availability soon
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175712)
Posted by Rated X on January 30th, 2011 @ 5:12pm CST
Nice !!! Too bad I missed out on Cliffjumper. Maybe Henkei will reissue him again without the annoying graphics like the new United Bumblebee. But then theyll probally create a new head mold and this guy will be screwed. Anybody know a company selling Cliffjumper at a reasonable price ???
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175740)
Posted by dragons on January 30th, 2011 @ 6:18pm CST

reasonable price no cmdstore.com selling theres for 70. theres one on amazon going for 42. its nice set that head makes him sauraish looking very screen accuate.
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175743)
Posted by #Sideways# on January 30th, 2011 @ 6:24pm CST
Wow, this is awesome. I can see him now, taking the worst aim at Megatron ever with his Sniper Rifle.

"I've got Megatron in my Sniper Scope!" ~Cliffjumper
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175766)
Posted by TFBuyer on January 30th, 2011 @ 7:39pm CST
Had better be affordable...
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175767)
Posted by Dread_Wing on January 30th, 2011 @ 7:41pm CST
I was thrilled by this kit when I first saw it, but these close in pics have me rethinking it. The Red helmet looks awesome, and the guns are nice too, but the facesculpt is awful. The eyes are too squinty and the mouth too feminine. Maybe the eye sockets can be widened by filing out the top, and the 'full luscious lips' filed off, and a simple smirk engraved in, but that is a lot of work...

It is strange, the lineart pic of the head on the back of the box looks absolutely fine, bigger eyes and just a neat line for his mouth.

I guess if it is cheap enough I may be willing to take that job on, but otherwise I may just get a Generations Cliffjumper and paint the head to match.
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175773)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on January 30th, 2011 @ 8:03pm CST
I like it, but I do wish the weapons were black.
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175783)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 30th, 2011 @ 8:58pm CST
I like it. Simple and straightforward.

Though, FP takes the cake here because their set modified the robot and vehicle mode to differentiate him from being a mere redeco of Bumblebee.

It's a shame this company didn't do the same. It didn't have to be a replication of FP's work, but along those lines would've been nice.
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175785)
Posted by TFBuyer on January 30th, 2011 @ 9:05pm CST
Idunno...I wasn't a fan of FPs vehicle mods--just looked forced, IMO. Adding something somewhere just for the sake of making it look different. And their head was pretty goofy looking.

As for the grey guns, it amazes me that people are considering full-on makeovers of the head sculpt, yet no one is willing to say that they can just paint the dang guns black if they don't like the grey. :roll:
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175825)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 31st, 2011 @ 12:02am CST

Aside from that minor nitpick which I had to make on account of I'm a Taurus, all I have to say about this set is Sign Me Up!
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175831)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 31st, 2011 @ 12:15am CST
Guns = yes
Head = no
:CON:
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175891)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 31st, 2011 @ 7:35am CST
Holy cow, Clifjumper is now the God of War! :lol:

Yea I don't like the face, although the helmet is pretty nice.
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175921)
Posted by The Sun Of....... on January 31st, 2011 @ 10:47am CST
Whats with all the satanic stuff??? Screw that I am scared to buy something like that all my other TF's might become possesed :CON:
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175938)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 31st, 2011 @ 12:08pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:Wrong pedestal folks. Should have gone with Taurus instead of Aries. (Mess with the Bull and you'll get the horns.)

You do know a Ram or Goat's head is a satanic symbol, right?
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175946)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 31st, 2011 @ 12:30pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

You do know a Ram or Goat's head is a satanic symbol, right?

So? Aries isn't the devil.
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175962)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 31st, 2011 @ 1:38pm CST
I like the helmet but I do not like the face at all. If it's less than 30 bucks ills probably pick it up though.
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1175975)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 31st, 2011 @ 2:20pm CST
This had better be cheap-o with a captial "cheap".
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1176030)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 31st, 2011 @ 4:39pm CST
I like it. I do wish the weapons were black and that they could somehow store on his back. The face seems a little pinched too, like the eyes are too close together or something. For $20-$30 this is just right. Much more than that and I'd probably pass. I might end up with this and whatever Venksta has in the works. His project sounded a little more ambitious (read:interesting).
:BOT:
Re: Additional Images of Devil Horns Custom Kit for Classics Cliffjumper (1176037)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 31st, 2011 @ 5:02pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

You do know a Ram or Goat's head is a satanic symbol, right?

Since I don't know the tone or intent behind this, I'm refraining from being over reactionary and going into a**-hole mode. I was only trying to have a bit of fun when I made my Zodiac reference. Something to offset the negative stuff I've been spewing about DotM lately and maybe restore a little Karmic balance. I could care less about the Satanic iconography, of which I am not at all ignorant. I prefer to think that the horn reference is more in line with his recent TF:Prime incarnation but hey, it's a relatively free planet. If someone wants to throw old CJ in with the the Satanist's, that options there. (not saying that you are in that camp JelZe, I'm just trying to not step on anyones toes and probably failing miserably).

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Movie Premier Edition Raptor Figure - Dinobot Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue bots CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS PVC Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Prime PP-21 Terracon Ripper Snapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone WFC-E33 Weaponizer pack set MISB BOX T1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers centurion drone Megatron Mace Energon Cube Ravage Cage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Trilogy - Dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2017 ROADBLOCK SDCC revolution TRANSFORMERS Complete With Stand" on EBAY
Buy "Grandslam Cassette ~ 100% Complete 1988 G1 Transformers Action Figure W/TECH" on EBAY