Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker

Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 9:55am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 50,954

Courtesy of HK-TF have some in depth looks at MakeToys recently released Battle Tanker upgrade set for RtS G2 Optimus Prime or Takara's United version of the figure. These images give us a look at how armor upgrades attach and the instruction sheet. We've mirrored the images below.

Credit(s): HK-TF

Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314437)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 19th, 2011 @ 10:11am CST
:PRAY: Please please please let the QC on this be almost flawless and the other thing I'm hoping if for HasTak to do a Nemesis repaint so another Tanker can be in the works! :VEHI:
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314441)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 19th, 2011 @ 10:19am CST
i want the drift sword! how can i get that?!? =P~
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314442)
Posted by Rated X on November 19th, 2011 @ 10:22am CST
I want one. However, I wish it didnt have the light up gimmick because it's just a reason to add 50 bucks to the price. Not something Im really gonna use in my display case.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314445)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on November 19th, 2011 @ 10:36am CST
Simple yet effective at making this already great figure into a truly stand out piece. This has me feeling like I did w/ City Commander all over again :APPLAUSE: . Looking forward to this set...CMON BBTS! :BOOM:
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314447)
Posted by dragons on November 19th, 2011 @ 10:46am CST
like instructions very much where is perorder
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314482)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on November 19th, 2011 @ 1:04pm CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:i want the drift sword! how can i get that?!? =P~

Some people who get Battle Tanker and don't have Drift probably aren't gonna use it that much, you should put it in your signature. :grin:
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314491)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 19th, 2011 @ 1:38pm CST
Dangit...this new batch of pics is making me want it more...
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314516)
Posted by Flux Convoy on November 19th, 2011 @ 3:24pm CST
Prime Evil wrote: I just hate the mish mash look in alt mode of the RTS.

That's fair but it's a pretty close homage to what he's based on. Like it or not. ;) I prefer the United version myself although I did run out to get a RTS one just to be sure which one matched better with this.
:BOT:
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314642)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 19th, 2011 @ 11:37pm CST

cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:i want the drift sword! how can i get that?!? =P~

It is limited to the first releases of this set.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314703)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on November 20th, 2011 @ 7:49am CST
amcgrath929 wrote:I like this set even more with every new picture. I'm a bit surprised how much height it adds. I wasn't expecting it to be that much since the original feet fold up.

cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:i want the drift sword! how can i get that?!? =P~

It is limited to the first releases of this set.

So that's what the gold sticker on the box was!
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1315073)
Posted by tattood-transformer on November 21st, 2011 @ 10:35am CST
Well the Pre-order on Capture Prey has sold out before I was able to reserve one. :-x I haven't found it anywhere else, do any of you guys have a link for some place that I may get one?

Thanks
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1315108)
Posted by Kibble on November 21st, 2011 @ 12:19pm CST
Available for pre-order now at BBTS...and who woulda thunk, it's actually cheaper:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1315111)
Posted by tattood-transformer on November 21st, 2011 @ 12:23pm CST
Thanks I just saw that a few minutes ago they must have just put it up recently because it wasn't there this morning. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1315275)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 21st, 2011 @ 6:27pm CST
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1315586)
Posted by Leader_Ultra_Magnus on November 22nd, 2011 @ 12:35pm CST
I don't have the United G2 Version... as of yet!

Does anyone have any photos of what this will look like with the RTS G2 version of Optimus Prime?

Which one does it look better with?
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1316609)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 25th, 2011 @ 2:01pm CST
amcgrath929 wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:The add-on set looks suitably boss on United Laser Prime. The only thing I dislike about this set is how the hands are simply held by the core figure. Looks kind of lame.

A friction fit is a better option for you?

Apologies, I should've worded that better. It's not so much that the hands are held by the figure, but rather the fact that they are so visible that bugs me. Wouldn't have thought it'd take much work to cover them up.

Rated X wrote:However, I wish it didnt have the light up gimmick because it's just a reason to add 50 bucks to the price.

I seriously doubt this would be $50 cheaper without the light up gimmick.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1316651)
Posted by craggy on November 25th, 2011 @ 4:17pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:Pics have now elevated this to Amazeballs level of coolness. 8) However, I still want a Scourge version. I will probably regret this later, but I was never that big of a fan of G2 Prime.

seconded. I love the design, and if I'd been able to get a G2 Prime once this was announced, I'd be all over it, but am content to wait for the Scourge version...C'mon Hasbro, it's one colour of plastic for the figure, 1 colour of plastic for the windows/eyes and very minimal paint apps. Dooooo it!
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1317968)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 29th, 2011 @ 9:53pm CST
To the best of my knowledge, this is the first, full video review for the set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtgjojeD ... ata_player

Not too shabby-just with it was voyager-sized with the add-ons. However, given the original size of the figure, they did a lot with what they had to work with.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1317981)
Posted by Kibble on November 29th, 2011 @ 10:41pm CST
I still think RtS Prime is a crap figure, but this thing looks epic. Glad I pre-ordered...
Re: Additional In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1318794)
Posted by juxtapose519 on December 2nd, 2011 @ 11:11am CST
If HasTak would just make toys that look this good in the first play, I wouldn't have to blow all my money on third party ad-ons.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone WFC-E33 Weaponizer pack set MISB BOX T1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers centurion drone Megatron Mace Energon Cube Ravage Cage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Trilogy - Dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "Grandslam Cassette ~ 100% Complete 1988 G1 Transformers Action Figure W/TECH" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack Trailbreaker radar dish! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack G1 Ravage Cage! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box Transformers Vs. G.I. Joe. Optimus Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Dinobot *New In Box*" on EBAY