Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids

Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids

Wednesday, May 13th, 2015 2:37pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,157

To follow up from the previous news about an additional BotCon figure, showing the Generations Skids mold in a Trailcutter/breaker-esque / Diaclone Skids redeco, weibo user Lost-Zzl has added a small selection of higher quality photos of the figure. Check them out mirrored below, and let us know your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids

Credit(s): weibo Lost-Zzl

Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685064)
Posted by Emerje on May 13th, 2015 @ 2:40pm CDT

Emerje
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685066)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 13th, 2015 @ 2:42pm CDT
Emerje wrote:With the lack of faction symbols I'm going with new guy from the Diaclone universe to match the box set. I doubt they were just forgotten.

Emerje
Or the neutral-aligned Flatline
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685070)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 13th, 2015 @ 2:51pm CDT

Emerje

Diaclone had no sentient robots at all. Just piloted mechs.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685071)
Posted by shajaki on May 13th, 2015 @ 2:52pm CDT

Is it accurate to the original Diaclone? I mean, did the Diaclone have a mouth or faceplate?
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685072)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 13th, 2015 @ 2:55pm CDT
shajaki wrote:I posted the first story this morning, and my opinion was kinda just an indifferent "huh... neat". But with these new images.... I'm really diggin him. Like REALLY.

It mainly depended on the color:

Humanoid Face (Skids)
Blue
Red
Black

Faceplate (Crosscut)
Red
Silver
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685100)
Posted by Stryfe Convoy on May 13th, 2015 @ 3:38pm CDT
I'd buy that in retail. That looks pretty nice.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685111)
Posted by Emerje on May 13th, 2015 @ 3:56pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Emerje

Diaclone had no sentient robots at all. Just piloted mechs.

In the IDW comics Alpha Trion mentions the "Diaclona Tribe" on Cybertron so the idea of a universe where Cybertron is populated by sentient Diaclones isn't much of a stretch.

Emerje
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685121)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 13th, 2015 @ 4:12pm CDT
Huh, it looks nice, black redecos have a tendency to look classy, this doesn't dissapoint ;)
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685125)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 13th, 2015 @ 4:16pm CDT
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685128)
Posted by Agamemnon on May 13th, 2015 @ 4:24pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:I think he'll be another character, an Optimus makes sense given there's a Megatron on the set, but there's no way Hasbro will allow a toy to bear that name without a proper Optimus Prime head.the deco is very nice, though.

The Crosscut head has a vaguely Optimus feel to it...

Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685131)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 13th, 2015 @ 4:28pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:

The Crosscut head has a vaguely Optimus feel to it...

*checks the Diaclone versions of Skids again*

*noticed the one in the lower right is red with a blue head*

*Is reminded of G2 Go-Bot Optimus Prime*
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685148)
Posted by Desslok2201 on May 13th, 2015 @ 4:58pm CDT

Machine Wars Optimus wasn't vaguely 'primey'
I'd love to see them do a little scooter. That's what I thought Crosscut was missing
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685153)
Posted by prjkt on May 13th, 2015 @ 5:03pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:

Machine Wars Optimus wasn't vaguely 'primey'

The Thunderclash mould is still a lot more "primey" ( :lol: ) than Roadster... I wonder if this repaint will get the Euro G2 name for G2 Optimus, "Sureshot" is a military enough name.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685157)
Posted by Desslok2201 on May 13th, 2015 @ 5:07pm CDT
prjkt wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:

Machine Wars Optimus wasn't vaguely 'primey'

That's for sure- I was just thinking of the head ;) I hope it's a new character- I'm Optimus and Bumblebee'd out for the next several years
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685163)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 13th, 2015 @ 5:17pm CDT
Oooh. I like the idea of the name being Sureshot (Prime). I may call mine that regardless of what he's called on the proverbial box.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685164)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 13th, 2015 @ 5:17pm CDT
prjkt wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:

Machine Wars Optimus wasn't vaguely 'primey'

I could see the club beeline for that name actually ;)
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685178)
Posted by prjkt on May 13th, 2015 @ 6:10pm CDT
sure it's a different mould to the original that was named Sureshot, but the name hasn't been used since has it?
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685222)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on May 13th, 2015 @ 8:14pm CDT
I-)
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685247)
Posted by megatronus on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:33pm CDT

-Black Tracks
-Black Skids
-Black Sideswipe (G2, I guess)
-Black Ironhide
-Some Black Voyager???

I would be all over that.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images - Possible BotCon 2015 Diaclone Black Skids (1685261)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:49pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Would anyone else be totally down for a box set of black repaints? Make them a Black-Ops (awful pun intended!); the stealthy brains to The Wreckers muscle, and write a story around the concept.

-Black Tracks
-Black Skids
-Black Sideswipe (G2, I guess)
-Black Ironhide
-Some Black Voyager???

I would be all over that.

Blackarachnia, Onyx Primal, Ravage, BW Scorponok, and Bonecrusher can be their adversaries in the add-on sets.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Battle Call Figure Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cliffjumper Cyberverse NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse MEGATRON Commander Class Complete w/ Weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse ARCEE Legion Class 3" Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Thundercracker near complete in good condition not reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Series 2 001 Bumblebee (MISB)" on EBAY