Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt

Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt

Sunday, September 9th, 2007 9:59pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 22,494

hombreimaginario has posted a short Interview with IDW Transformers artist Alex Milne over on his DeviantArt Account.

In the Interview, Milne talks about the delays in Megatron Origins due to his catching of Pneumonia, his opinions of the Transformers Movie and of his experience with DW, and Pat Lee.

You can read the Interview by Clicking here.

Credit(s): hombreimaginario, Transformers Hispanos

Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (334434)
Posted by Night Striker on September 9th, 2007 @ 10:00pm CDT
yay awesome.
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (334454)
Posted by steve2275 on September 9th, 2007 @ 10:08pm CDT
hes a mac man
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (334490)
Posted by E.P.Y.A.R.M.S. on September 9th, 2007 @ 10:29pm CDT
I agree with his views on the movie
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (334593)
Posted by Dark Ops on September 9th, 2007 @ 11:37pm CDT
The more I hear about Pat Lee, the more the I dislike the man. It's come to the point where I'll mutter "No-talent assclown" under my breath, and my girlfriend will look up and say "Michael Bolton, Rob Liefeld, or Pat Lee?"

Great interview, and I look forward to more ^_^
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (334943)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on September 10th, 2007 @ 6:37am CDT
I agree with Dark Ops, I read the interview and now hate Pat Lee even more than I used to. But it's a great interview and I can't wait to get my hands on the Megatron Origins #3 now. :)
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (335010)
Posted by Blozor on September 10th, 2007 @ 7:37am CDT
Pat Lee is one sorry son of a motherf%^&er. Sorry if that offended anyone, but it had to be said. The more I hear about the guy, the more corrupt he sounds and the more I hate him. I'm sorry that he singlehandedly collapsed his company in the middle of a great G1 run, but I'm almost glad because he was going to take back art duties on the main comic, and his artwork always sucked the worst. WHY WOULD YOU BREAK UP BRAD MICK AND DON FIGUEROA?!? WHY???
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (335068)
Posted by juushinkan on September 10th, 2007 @ 8:41am CDT
Wow, this is a great interview. Though, being an art student, hearing about artists getting ripped off or uncredited always mades me pretty upset. It's way too common a thing to happen...
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (335216)
Posted by metalformer on September 10th, 2007 @ 10:36am CDT
Great interview! So many revealing details. The Pat Lee issue is a very bad chapter on everybody's life. :-x

I wish I can be as open minded as he is accepting new things because I will never accept the (live) movie's design 100%, despite the fact I don't mind the changes made in Armada, Cybertron and Energon. I guess its just a matter of taste actually and not of nostalgia.

The comic industry can certainly be a mean one as I as a fan/customer has experienced lately. That was an experience that had made me "mature" and changed the way I view the world. :(

A curious detail is that I studied technical drawing as well (actually, Architecture w/ Auto CAD). In my case because it was drawing related. Guess it is in my veins to draw technical stuff because I love mecha so much! :D
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (335278)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 10th, 2007 @ 11:13am CDT
Can't help but agree with his ideas on crossovers!
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (335308)
Posted by partholon on September 10th, 2007 @ 11:34am CDT
im glad alex is at IDW now. the lad got burned so bad in the DW thing its a wonder he didnt just say feck it all and quit.

i knew he was ill but didnt think it was that bad and it certainly explains the drop in quality of his work. i thought he did quite well on the movie adaptation as usually theyre pants and he got some nice shots in there and while alot of people seem to be bitching about the megatron origin comic i really like it.

heres hoping when he gets back to full strength we get to see more form mister milne. my first exposure to his work was in the energon comic he did with furman and i was blown away from it. particularly a certain two page spread featuring the new megatrons return. great stuff there and hopefully some day well see the conclusion :grin:
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (335403)
Posted by OptimusShr on September 10th, 2007 @ 12:38pm CDT
E.P.Y.A.R.M.S. wrote:I agree with his views on the movie

Most of us do.
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (335480)
Posted by dragons on September 10th, 2007 @ 1:40pm CDT
mac..? not to fond of a mac but then again i neve had a chance to use a mac to find so i cant be the judge to that opionon at teh momnet.

thats true if you look hard enough on other but sites not this one

[quote]I actually liked the movie. I'm one of those people who likes change. I know that many don't like it, because it’s not the original Transformers, but then neither is Armada, or Energon, or Cybertron. But people accept those series as Transformers series, so why not the movie. Just think of it as a different version of Transformers. It was just nice to see it on the big screen.

I want them to bring back Blackout, Bonecrusher and Megatron. Then I'd like to see the other Seekers, like Skywarp. I'd like to see Soundwave, Trailbreaker, Sideswipe, Hound and a few others.[quote]

i agree with his response on the crossover transformers and avengers crossover it could be better differnt. think it needs more locations, characters or fights
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (335575)
Posted by Calvatron on September 10th, 2007 @ 2:39pm CDT
macs always seem to do better for media based uses. not a huge fan of there operating system, but they're really good at what they do best.
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (335620)
Posted by Night Striker on September 10th, 2007 @ 3:10pm CDT
I'm not a really big fan of Mac's either, must be a writers thing.

His view of the movie I can respect, and I'm glad I'm not the only one unimpressed by the Avengers crossover. I swear the way they wrote it seems totally wacky. Still wish someone would put the Canuck in his place.

As for Pat...no comment. I can not believe he could do that? And to think that I actually wanted to send some of my stuff to DW. This is what happens when you don't have a good backbone for business and like to toot your own Ego.

If I do ever see Alex at a Botcon, I'm going to give him a hug for being such a trooper in this feild. It takes a lot of courage to not say really nasty things about someone that screwed you over. I love his artwork in Megatron, and I hope he feels better soon. :D
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (336887)
Posted by synapse on September 11th, 2007 @ 7:09am CDT
I'm glad you guys liked the interview :)

I also made similar interviews to Josh Burcham, Chris Ryall and Dan Taylor from IDW, and to Marcelo Matere and Makoto Ono who talk about their experience with Dreamwave, too :P They're all in my DeviantArt page. Hope you like :)
Re: Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt (337028)
Posted by Calvatron on September 11th, 2007 @ 9:30am CDT
It's interesting to hear that the number of panels is Eric's contribution more than Alex. With the Movie comic, i thought that was more Milne's doing.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY