Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives

Transformers News: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives

Wednesday, March 31st, 2010 7:52PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 67,068

Animated's Back! Hasbro's Q&A session with the folks over at TFW2005 reveal that the next wave of Animated Exclusives will be once again at store chain Toys'R'Us. Now what exactly will these figures be? There are a selection of yet to be released Animated figures, and Hasbro reveals that TRU Exclusive Wave 2 will contain Rodimus Minor and Ironhide! Rodimus Minor is a brand new figure, while Ironhide will likely be a repaint of Cybertron Mode Ratchet. Check out a snippet of the TFW2005 Q&A below, while the entire article can be found here.

TFW2005: What is Hasbro's strategy for the release of the remaining, announced Transformers Animated figures such as Rodimus, Ironhide, Blackout, Thundercracker, etc.?

Hasbro: The current plan for the release of the current Animated figures is this: Toys R' Us will be carrying two waves of Animated Deluxe. The first wave will be released this Spring and will include Arcee and Cybertronian Ratchet. The second wave will be released this fall and will include Rodimus Minor and Cybertronian Ironhide. While we cannot promise that any other figures will be released, we continue to examine all of our options to make those figures that were completed available to you.

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): TFW2005

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060290)
Posted by Starscream6 on March 31st, 2010 @ 7:59pm CDT
thats good news! :APPLAUSE:

that rodimus is a MUST HAVE for my collection :KREMZEEK:

im somewhat of a Hot Rod slut :x lol
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060291)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:00pm CDT
<Breathes sigh of relief>

So happy. Although it was stressful to find Arcee and Ratchet at TRU, at least there's a chance.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060292)
Posted by Kibble on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:01pm CDT
In other words, don't expect to find Rodimus unless it's on eBay... TRU sucks.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060298)
Posted by icenemesis on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:12pm CDT
Kibble wrote:In other words, don't expect to find Rodimus unless it's on eBay... TRU sucks.

Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060301)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:13pm CDT
I see no mention of Final Battle Optimus Prime or any of the other announced figures. But I was just gonna get Rodimus anyway, as i collect G1 Hot Rod homages.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060302)
Posted by nilocomic on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:14pm CDT
At least we're getting more Animated figures somehow, especially these two. I really wish it wasn't TRU exclusives again, but I'll do whatever has to be done to find them. Now if they can just give us Blackout and Thundercracker, I'll be a content Animated fan. (Would have been nice to have gotten more Decepticons out of this line...)
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060303)
Posted by muswp1 on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:16pm CDT
Great, more figures for the stores in my area not to carry.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060305)
Posted by First-Aid on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:22pm CDT
muswp1 wrote:Great, more figures for the stores in my area not to carry.

No kidding. My TRU got 4 Animated Cyb Ratchets. No Arcees yet. DOubt I'll see either of these.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060306)
Posted by Kibble on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:23pm CDT
icenemesis wrote:TRU does not suck( at least the one near me doesn't) its the scalpers who get them before they even hit the shelves who suck.

If they put out enough of the damn things the scalpers wouldn't have a reason to be assholes about it because it wouldn't be worth their time.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060308)
Posted by Forgotten on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:24pm CDT
I will pick these both up since I have an affinity for the characters. But I must say....Rodimus's face kinda scares me. Looks like it belongs on Buu from DBZ. I guess it's the smoothness.
And I agree that this line needed more Decepticons, like Blackout! Peaugh has a Hasbro & a Takara one and I still don't have either. Also Spittor, Cyclonus, & Strika would have been very nice. Or even a remolded Voyager Starscream into Ramjet with his Swindle hat would have been cool.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060309)
Posted by It Is Him on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:26pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:
muswp1 wrote:Great, more figures for the stores in my area not to carry.

At least you got Rachet. My store has yet to get those.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060311)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:31pm CDT
I have yet to see either Arcee or Cybertronian Ratchett at my Toys R Us. I've stopped by there twice a week for what, I think, is now going on two months.

*sigh*

Why don't these people realize that all us Transformer fans have WIVES who want GRLL robots?
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060316)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:40pm CDT
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060317)
Posted by Blurrz on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:41pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:Seriously why couldn't they have moved the mouth a quarter of a centimeter up. :shock:

[color=teal]
Pro-to-type. Not the final product buddy.[/color]
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060321)
Posted by Jenus on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:52pm CDT
Awesome, that's great news now the only other one I want to hear of is Animated Thundercracker and maybe that Wingblade Optimus.

Also, what is with Hot Rod's left foot?????????? :lol:
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060325)
Posted by --B-- on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:58pm CDT
I love hearing everyone bitching about TRU, cause you know that you are the only person within 50 miles that has a remote interest in whatever toy they are supposed to get in, and how dare TRU only send one or 2 cases to each of the hundreds of stores!

Not to pick on anyone, but at least these are going to mass market at all. Many folks on here don't have a TRU within HOURS of them.

My TRU had 2 Ratchets for a couple of weeks, and then had 3 Arcees one day. I bought one for me, and one for a co-worker, and left the other one there. It sat for a week until it was gone. It's all about timing!
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060326)
Posted by Nekoman on March 31st, 2010 @ 9:02pm CDT
Great news, never got into Arcee, but these two (Ironhide and Rodimus) look good.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060327)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 31st, 2010 @ 9:03pm CDT
Nice to know Rodimus and Ironhide will see the light of day, but I really wanted Blackout.
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060331)
Posted by TFBuyer on March 31st, 2010 @ 9:09pm CDT
Rockin'! Can't wait to get these two, but not until Fall??? Yeesh, that's quite a wait. And we've already got a YouTube review of Blackout--where the heck is THAT thing??
Re: Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide to be TRU Exclusives (1060333)
Posted by ang3l3s on March 31st, 2010 @ 9:13pm CDT
bring them on, my shelf is waiting!!

Ending Soon On eBay

Side Vent Fender Decorative shark Grille Transformers Autobot Decepticon Black - Time Remaining: 5 days 24 minutes 48 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT DELUXE STEELBANE PREMIER EDITION - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 26 minutes 19 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT DELUXE AUTOBOT SQWEEKS PREMIER EDITION - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 32 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers G2 HERO MEGATRON BRAND NEW SEALED 80146 Decepticon Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 42 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers G2 OPTIMUS PRIME BRAND NEW SEALED Hero 80147 Autobot Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 42 minutes 36 seconds
Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS Superlink SC 10 HOT RODIMUS PRIME CONVOY Figure - Time Remaining: 26 days 17 hours 53 minutes 55 seconds
Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS Superlink SC 15 Landmine Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 54 minutes 33 seconds
Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Berserker Optimus Prime Premier Robot Toy - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 15 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017