Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV!

Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV!

Sunday, February 22nd, 2009 12:59pm CST

Category: Digital Media News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 21,903

Our very own slapdash has shared something very interesting, funny and very scary with us, images of what Optimus Prime and Arcee are forced to do to make a living!
Yes they have to star in a Singaporean Sitcom!
Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV!
This is a preview image of the 7. episode of the sitcom "Serves You Right!" titled "More Than Meets The Eye!

The Singaporean Transfomrers fan site TF.SG.com has more photos and information regarding this episode which you can read and see by clicking here or scrolling down:

TF.SG is proud to bring you exclusive preview photos of episode 7, "More Than Meets The Eye", which will air on 10th March.

This episode centres on the relationship between Otto Bok (Kun Wai Kit) and course instructor Faith Foo (Fiona Xie). Of special note is that they will be in full body Optimus Prime & Arcee costumes!

Catch Otto Bok and the rest of the cast every Tuesday, 8.00 pm, on Channel 5! Don't miss TF.SG in the credits!

"Serves You Right" is a MediaCorp comedy about a class of students taking a customer service course. Otto Bok (played by Kun Wai Kit), one of the students, is not only a Transformers fan - he's also often seen wearing our very own TF.SG polo t-shirt!

Special thanks to MediaCorp for these preview photos

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): slapdash, TF.SG.com

Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888378)
Posted by mattyc1007 on February 22nd, 2009 @ 1:07pm CST
i cant beleive the person who made that helmet.
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888382)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 22nd, 2009 @ 1:17pm CST
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888409)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 22nd, 2009 @ 2:27pm CST
Does Hasbro know about this? Can't they do something about this?
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888410)
Posted by typh0id on February 22nd, 2009 @ 2:29pm CST
Oh my.....

:shock:
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888424)
Posted by Overcrusher on February 22nd, 2009 @ 2:55pm CST
Prime o' Prime, sold your soul to hasbro and look what happened? Poor Prime... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Still kinda funny though :mrgreen:
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888458)
Posted by skyshadowprimus on February 22nd, 2009 @ 4:01pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:I want to see this sitcom, I love sitcoms and if the main guy is a TF fan I would love it even more.

From someone who grew up in the west then went to live in Singapore I can warn any of you of watching a native "Sitcom" and wanting to laugh.

Singapore is a very strict region with draconian laws and, while a very safe place to live with no crime, its hardly exciting. This is reflected in the TV humour.

No offence to anyone who lives there, just a word of warning for any westerners.
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888525)
Posted by Amelie on February 22nd, 2009 @ 6:04pm CST
Am I the only one that is strangely aroused by Arcee? :|
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888586)
Posted by shadowtyger00 on February 22nd, 2009 @ 8:22pm CST
Hi.I'm from Singapore and I've actually seen a few episodes of that drama. Its not what it my seem. It may look cute but the overall acting was pretty bad.

The writers tried to create a intergalactic nerd but couldn't pull it off. The charater was only into transformers and star wars, gijoe tmnt and motu were all forgotten. Very sloppy. His 'prime' phase was for only a few episodes only. He imagined the gal as arcee because of a simple reply which was kinda similar to his transformers lingo.

It may be funny to look at for others.But if your a transformer fan it brings bad reputation and negative stereotypes as it was kicking up dust left from 40 year old virgin.
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888624)
Posted by neutralstate on February 22nd, 2009 @ 10:15pm CST
hahaha... as a singaporean i'd like to warn everyone that singaporean tv (in particular the english sitcoms) can be pretty terrible and unoriginal. Over the past 10 years there has only been one sitcom that I would say is marketable to an international audience (Under One Roof, for those in the know), and one other one that was pretty funny, but definitely a nono for an international audience (PCK. Fans of the Amazing Race might remember this weird guy in Yellow Boots when they stopped over in Singapore a couple of seasons ago).

I'm studying in the States now so I'm not sure what's what on Singapore TV right now, but what the previous poster said sounds eerily familiar and I wouldn't be surprised if the show sucked.

THAT BEING SAID, however. The actress is very famous for being hot in Singapore; arguably the hottest actress on Singapore TV right now, although she gets some bad press sometimes. If anyone was turned on by the Arcee costume it must have been the actress radiating sexiness from within :D
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888627)
Posted by Archatron on February 22nd, 2009 @ 10:20pm CST
Amelie wrote:Am I the only one that is strangely aroused by Arcee? :|

nope :wink:
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888632)
Posted by neutralstate on February 22nd, 2009 @ 10:32pm CST
skyshadowprimus wrote:

Sorry for the double post, but I'd also like to mention that the rubbish TV on Singapore has got nothing to do with the laws of Singapore; it is more about a complete lack of creativity in the Singapore TV industry. Singapore's "draconian laws" do not screen off popular western comedies like Friends, Big Bang Theory etc. There is nothing in Western comedies that Singapore would censor off. It is unfair to say that the lack of quality in Singapore TV is down to any of our laws. But I must agree that TV in Singapore is painful to watch sometimes.

I'd also make a case for Singapore's so called "draconian" laws, but I think that would be pretty off topic. I think it would suffice to say that I think most of the laws are fine as is and help make our country a safer and better place to live in.
Re: Arcee and Optimus Prime on Singapore TV! (888666)
Posted by skyshadowprimus on February 23rd, 2009 @ 1:24am CST
neutralstate wrote:
skyshadowprimus wrote:

Thanks for the reply, glad to open a bit of debate on this.

I think my post might have read as a little harsh (it was late here when I posted) but the laws in Singapore are by no means a bad thing so sorry if thats the message that came through in my post.

Having spend all my life to date in England which is pretty liberable and to some extent lawless in some regards, moving to Singapore was a huge culture shock just for do's and don'ts that seem very strict to outsiders.

I did tend to look at everything I couldn't do there or that I missed (such as good TV) and bundle it all together under the laws being the main cause.

For better or worse one of my fave pastimes is going out with my mates drinking after work on a friday, which normally ends in the entire night in the pub, and then results in some carnage which is often worth a tale. Singapore has none of this as no one is drunk and disorderly (not a bad thing) so there was less fun from my perspective.

Still just my two cents, lots of other stuff about the Island that I did like

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War 4 Cybertron Kingdom Voyager WFC-K27 Rhinox IN HAND" on EBAY