Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge

Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge

Thursday, December 20th, 2007 9:08am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 66,868

Not long after posting an auction for the scout-repaint Crosshairs, japanese auction site Taobao.com has posted another auction for an upcoming Transformers figure, this time for Storm Surge, the Shortround repaint and Target-exclusive figure in the Transformers Movie toyline. Like the Crosshairs auction, the listing only features only in-package images. For images of all the wave 4 scout repaints, view the original story by clicking here.

view the auction page by clicking here

TRANSFORMERS® Movie Scout: STORM SURGE™
STORM SURGE is so named because of his all-encompassing approach to combat. Allies and opponents alike rarely leave a fight in which he is involved without being soaked in corrosive salt acid, or bathed in jellied gasoline. During fights at sea, the water around him erupts constantly into geysers as his depth charges roll indiscriminately into the ocean. On land, he sprays the area around him with emitters housed on his arms, figuring that the more destructive power he puts out, the more likely it is he’ll take out his AUTOBOT® enemies.

Credit(s): Taobao.com

Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591299)
Posted by AlienQuiksilver on January 2nd, 2008 @ 3:57am CST
he does look a bit funky, but still quite awesome regardless. Thanks, haven't seen that one yet!
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591602)
Posted by ultra tron on January 2nd, 2008 @ 1:23pm CST
It might be a fake or fan made, but the quality looks great.

I could actually see that as a good look for movie wheeljack

whoever did it has real talent, the G1 accurate color however gives it away, the "movie" wheeljack might not be as show accurate.
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591605)
Posted by Skowl on January 2nd, 2008 @ 1:32pm CST
It's a fake.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591722)
Posted by Optimus Prime 1996 on January 2nd, 2008 @ 3:12pm CST
Is he gonna be in the sequel?
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591766)
Posted by tacogrande on January 2nd, 2008 @ 3:43pm CST
The colors are almost close to g1 but if this was some fan made project I wouldn't think they would use a Ford with British flags on it? WJ was always Italian, his colors were from the Italian flag because he was an Italian race car.

I was hoping it wasn't fake but if it is that's really damn good.
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591768)
Posted by Optimus Prime 1996 on January 2nd, 2008 @ 3:45pm CST
Hmm it might be official..Since the sequel might be out in 2009
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591785)
Posted by Dozertron on January 2nd, 2008 @ 4:01pm CST
tacogrande wrote:I'm sure this is old news, I'm sorry I couldn't find it. But my friend linked me to this, is this real? While it's not exactly what I would have expected I do really like it. Wheeljack is not only my favorite Transformer (though lately Prime has tied him for favorite, I still love WJ slightly more) but one of my favorite characters/designs ever. I draw him constantly. Please tell me this is real and is for TF2

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/215 ... b3cc_o.jpg

Also redirect and merge to the proper thread since I'm late. I just couldn't find the conversation.

I think it's fake; although these are the signs of a fan made robot for the movie...

1. The character's design doesn't match the others
2. It looks too much like the 80's original
3. It has the same vehicle mode
4. It has exactly the same weapon or weapon design
5. Looks too real, but looks fake at the same time.

But I wouldn't count on even HAVING Wheeljack in TF2... Soundwave too. Hmmm... Maybe Soundwave, but he's not gonna be a radio or have cassetes. The writers' strike will ruin the robots even more! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :-? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

AWESOME!!!!
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591839)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on January 2nd, 2008 @ 4:48pm CST
Skowl wrote:It's a fake.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

True, but since WJ's my favorite Autobot, I like it.
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591873)
Posted by tacogrande on January 2nd, 2008 @ 5:20pm CST

1. The character's design doesn't match the others
2. It looks too much like the 80's original
3. It has the same vehicle mode
4. It has exactly the same weapon or weapon design
5. Looks too real, but looks fake at the same time.

But I wouldn't count on even HAVING Wheeljack in TF2... Soundwave too.

1. The design matches the others pretty well.
2. Looks too much like the original? Maybe you should do a side by side, only the head and the colors match the original.
3. Completely different vehicle mode from the original, this one is some type of Ford, the original was a Lancia Stratos.
4. Where are the cannons? All I see is some sort of hand blaster.
5. It looks real, doesn't really look fake at all. The only reason I think it's fake is because it didn't get news coverage from Seibertron already. I am NEVER the guy to be giving news, I'm usually a week behind everyone.

Wheeljack actually wouldn't be too much of a stretch for TF2. I think he got his named dropped in the movie's video game. He was an original autobot, and fills a role not really taken up by anyone which is inventor.

Ok I found the thread where it's from, somewhere at tfw2005 and they confirm it's fanart. Man I wish I could do stuff like this.
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591928)
Posted by Soundwave For President on January 2nd, 2008 @ 5:52pm CST
He's not a GM vehicle, the Autobots sans Prime are GM vehicles.
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (591939)
Posted by Wheelimus Prime on January 2nd, 2008 @ 6:01pm CST
sweet if that were real u could not count on seeing those at my store :P
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (592385)
Posted by AlienQuiksilver on January 3rd, 2008 @ 3:32am CST
Soundwave For President wrote:He's not a GM vehicle, the Autobots sans Prime are GM vehicles.

News flash ... things change. :P

Then again, Bay's "The Island" was riddled with Caddillac's. I hope his priorities for the TF franchise start to outweigh his fascination for GM product placement.
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (592547)
Posted by woosh on January 3rd, 2008 @ 9:04am CST
looks fake.
i can clearly see that it's a photo in the background, the lighting is different.
but anyway, someone did a grat job.
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (593079)
Posted by Cascadia on January 3rd, 2008 @ 8:17pm CST
I think that it is a fake..right now it is too difficult to determine on what is real and what is fake with the sequel at this point. But I am leaning towards it being a fake for all of the reasons that were already given.
Re: Auction for Transformers Movie Scout Repaint Storm Surge (593114)
Posted by Senor Hugo on January 3rd, 2008 @ 8:57pm CST
Well, it's a fake. Because I'm 100% certain that the people at Dreamworks would whip up a hell of a lot better robot than that.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY