Auction for Universe Blades with new images

Auction for Universe Blades with new images

Monday, June 2nd, 2008 5:16pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 13,635

Seibertron.com has learned that new pictures of upcoming figure Transformers Universe 2.0 Blades are now available via an Ebay Auction. Ebay Seller UltraConvoy gives us a close look at the figure showing the details and markings on it including a good shot of an Autobot/Coast Guard emblem on the figure.

To view the auction for this item, click here.

Credit(s): Scaleface

Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714196)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 2nd, 2008 @ 5:18pm CDT
Unless I've been missing something on Evac, thats a nice little retool.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714215)
Posted by Scaleface on June 2nd, 2008 @ 5:28pm CDT

Seems to me to just be a good re-paint job.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714220)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 2nd, 2008 @ 5:33pm CDT
It's a great repaint of an already near perfect figure.

Would like to see Evac done in Springer style greens though.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714223)
Posted by Sledge on June 2nd, 2008 @ 5:34pm CDT
I wasn't sure about this mold for Blades at first, but I think that sodding great rotor makes a great melee weapon. And I'm sure Blades will use that winch cable as a garotte far more than he uses it to rescue people. :twisted:
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714227)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 2nd, 2008 @ 5:38pm CDT
Scaleface wrote:Image

Seems to me to just be a good re-paint job.

Actualy I was talking about the rudders, I had no idea they moved.

Well, now that regular Evac can do that too, I don't even feel slightly compelled to by him again.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714237)
Posted by Overcracker on June 2nd, 2008 @ 5:47pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:It's a great repaint of an already near perfect figure.

Would like to see Evac done in Springer style greens though.

Your wish is Hasbro's Command.

Slated for Universe:

Springer:

Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714255)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:09pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:It's a great repaint of an already near perfect figure.

Would like to see Evac done in Springer style greens though.

Your wish is Hasbro's Command.

Slated for Universe:

Springer:

Well if thats the case...

I'd like to see Reissue Turbomasters and Predator Jets.

:P

Can't believe I forgot about that figure coming with Ratbat!
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714256)
Posted by Nekoman on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:09pm CDT
I prefer Springer, but this one is also very nice.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714260)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:14pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:I prefer Springer, but this one is also very nice.

Agreed...
I think I could definitely pass on this.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714264)
Posted by Scaleface on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:15pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:Well if thats the case...

I'd like to see Reissue Turbomasters and Predator Jets.

In a slightly related topic, I ust saw this knockoff on ebay, looking closer, I realized it's a Predator Jet.

Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714267)
Posted by Sledge on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:17pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Nekoman wrote:I prefer Springer, but this one is also very nice.

Agreed...
I think I could definitely pass on this.
Weird, I'm thinking the opposite. I think it's because grey plastic always looks a bit naff recently.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714281)
Posted by Anonymous on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:30pm CDT
Like I need another repaint of small little Evac toy.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714283)
Posted by Sledge on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:31pm CDT
:???: You DO know it's a repaint of the Voyager Evac?
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714297)
Posted by Scaleface on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:40pm CDT
I'd buy this mold again and again. How about releasing it as Whirl and as Vortex?
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714303)
Posted by Sledge on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:43pm CDT
If there's going to be more helicopters, I want a Bell 222. Possibly with hidden guns in the wings, and a missile pod in the belly... :grin:
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714306)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:46pm CDT
Nice to see Blades get a decent toy, though I would have preferred his original colour scheme. Maybe the Henkei version, eh?

One question though - is this figure closer in scale to Classics/Universe Prowl or G1/reissue Prowl? Not really sure how large one of those helicopters is supposed to be and personally would love him in scale with G1 Prowl.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714318)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on June 2nd, 2008 @ 7:04pm CDT
Sledge wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Nekoman wrote:I prefer Springer, but this one is also very nice.

Agreed...
I think I could definitely pass on this.

Ehh, on Jetstorm and Wingblade I agree, but imo there's a really nice ratio of gray and green (and not too much yellow) on that Springer.
The more I looked at the face on Blades, the more I dislike all the white.
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714322)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 2nd, 2008 @ 7:06pm CDT
I'm not wasting money on that repaint
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714336)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on June 2nd, 2008 @ 7:17pm CDT
Wheeljack35 wrote:I'm not wasting money on that repaint

Actually, since it is a $20 Voyager, I'm definitely passing on this...
Man, Blaster, Dump Load, Powerglide, and now Blades...
Passing on all of these makes buying 2 of the figs. I want more and more realistic!!
Re: Auction for Universe Blades with new images (714359)
Posted by Valandar on June 2nd, 2008 @ 7:43pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Wheeljack35 wrote:I'm not wasting money on that repaint

Actually, since it is a $20 Voyager, I'm definitely passing on this...
Man, Blaster, Dump Load, Powerglide, and now Blades...

More realistic? The Live Convoy / Evac mold is the best combo of realistic alt mode and awesome robot mode I have seen to date.

That said, I love the mold, and will probably be getting both repaints.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY