Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead)

Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead)

Saturday, March 8th, 2008 2:19am CST

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 19,579

New auction listings are now showing up on eBay.com for the brand new "Activator" figures. Ebay seller jennyni1984 has obtained Activators Bumblebee, Starscream, and Bulkhead. To view the figures, sealed in package, click the following links:

Bumblebee

Bulkhead

Starscream

Credit(s): jennyni1984 of eBay.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 3:35pm CDT

Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650601)
Posted by woosh on March 8th, 2008 @ 3:01am CST
I'm certain, i must have some of these guys.
damn, this bulkhead must be tiny tiny midgetron.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650685)
Posted by Windracer on March 8th, 2008 @ 7:51am CST
What are they? Like Animated fast action battlers or something?

Either way, they look pretty good. I'd go for them.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650697)
Posted by Jaz-Zen on March 8th, 2008 @ 8:08am CST
I've liked these ever since we saw them at Toy Fair. I'm wondering if this version of Bumblebee will look more in scale with the regular Animated deluxes and voyagers. I was really hoping for an Activator version of Prowl, too.

Oh, and to answer the question, yes, these are like FABs, but they are basic-sized instead of deluxe, and you push a button and they transform.

Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650699)
Posted by Bonecrusher-522 on March 8th, 2008 @ 8:10am CST
99 cents. And 25 dollars for shipping. Thanks but no thanks.I know its coming from china but thats still a lot of money. I will just wait untill these figures hit stores in june and i will buy them all then. Ebay is joke. I will never buy anything of of ebay ever again. I got screwed to many times from that site. I once bought the Classics Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp set from ebay for 45 dollars and the shipping was 15 dollars. Never got it in the mail from the seller. I went on amazon.com and i bought the same thing for 30 dollars and 4 dollars shipping. And i actually got it in the mail.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650707)
Posted by woosh on March 8th, 2008 @ 8:33am CST
Jaz-Zen wrote:

They're actually only a little bit bigger than... LEGENDS. so there's no way they could have lights and sounds, sorry ;]

So theyre not only jumstarter-esque, they are also tiny, but fully poseable.
holy cow, just looked at my movie legends and i'm wondering... why couldn't THESE do THAT?
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650800)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on March 8th, 2008 @ 10:39am CST
These don't look bad for what they are. I wont be getting them, but I can see little little kids realy liking these.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650810)
Posted by Nekoman on March 8th, 2008 @ 10:52am CST
I think I kind of like these, the only problem I see is the ugly packaging.

Windracer wrote:What are they? Like Animated fast action battlers or something?

Do you remember the flip changers from BW and MW? They’ll be like that.

Jaz-Zen wrote:I've also heard that they have lights and sounds, but I don't see anything on the packaging about that, so maybe that was just a rumor.

I think your thinking about the Cyber slammer esc figures they’re making, which are supposed to have sounds and junk.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650856)
Posted by Solrac333 on March 8th, 2008 @ 11:48am CST
These toys seem to fit better with the Animated style.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650930)
Posted by Menbailee on March 8th, 2008 @ 1:39pm CST
Not bad! I probably won't get these, since I only need one figure per character, but these look like quite a step up from the movie Fast Action Battlers. Working Bumblebee's trigger into his siren was a clever touch. These look quite surprisingly toon-accurate for quick transformations.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (650959)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 8th, 2008 @ 2:34pm CST
These don't look bad, a bit bigger than Deluxes? :shock:
They won't hurt the wallet so much, so I may be getting some.
It's kinda amazing that they look superior to the Movie stuff, you know the small bots.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (651056)
Posted by microclone on March 8th, 2008 @ 4:32pm CST
Nekoman wrote:I think I kind of like these, the only problem I see is the ugly packaging.

Windracer wrote:What are they? Like Animated fast action battlers or something?

Do you remember the flip changers from BW and MW? They’ll be like that.

ugly packaging is never a problem, you can either store it, burn it, bin it, shred it, its the toy that counts, good packaging is merely a bonus.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (651129)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on March 8th, 2008 @ 5:40pm CST
Apparently these things are the succsessors to FABs.
I doubt I will get em.
I am planning to focus more on the deluxes when the toys come out.
All of the deluxes look awesome.
Especially BB.
I cant wait.
=P~
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (651131)
Posted by Talous on March 8th, 2008 @ 5:42pm CST
Not too thrilled about these ones. Maybe when I see them on the shelf they'll look better.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (651133)
Posted by Bumblethumper on March 8th, 2008 @ 5:43pm CST

Agreed, it is kind of blah. The packaging doesn't look as good as the deluxes and voyagers. Maybe it's not that big of a deal, but I think they could make them look much more attractive. I see Ben 10 junk which I've no interest in, but it's a similar aesthetic and the packaging makes them seem that extra bit more desirable.

People compare activators to Movie FABs, and those also had horrible packaging. Part of the problem is all that yellow. Hasbro need to hire designers who understand how to colour coordinate properly.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (651138)
Posted by Bumblethumper on March 8th, 2008 @ 5:51pm CST
Bonecrusher-522 wrote:99 cents. And 25 dollars for shipping. Thanks but no thanks.I know its coming from china but thats still a lot of money. I will just wait untill these figures hit stores in june and i will buy them all then. Ebay is joke. I will never buy anything of of ebay ever again. I got screwed to many times from that site.

With ebay you always have to factor the shipping in as part of the price. A lot of the time the seller will build profit into the shipping so they can start the auction for almost nothing. So long as you're paying attention, it makes no difference.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (651155)
Posted by Dran0n on March 8th, 2008 @ 6:13pm CST
Well, I'm not my favorite.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (651560)
Posted by Jaz-Zen on March 9th, 2008 @ 11:46am CDT
Nekoman wrote:

Ah, yeah, Neko, I think you're right. I'm starting to get all the extra "junk" mixed up. However, I could see me getting this little version of Starscream just to have him hang out on my desk at work. :wink: He looks fun and represents Animated Starscream well, and if he DID get stolen I wouldn't care too much.
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (651647)
Posted by Megatron-Ron on March 9th, 2008 @ 1:54pm CDT
Why cant people just wait untill these figures hit stores this summer. Its going to be fun saving up money untill june then going to target or where ever you go and fill up a shopping cart full of them. By the way, The date says june 22nd they come out. Thats a sunday. Is that the ship date and they will be in on a monday?
Re: Auctions for Animated Activators (Starscream, Bumblebee, Bulkhead) (652066)
Posted by Pyrostrata on March 9th, 2008 @ 11:46pm CDT
Megatron-Ron wrote:Why cant people just wait untill these figures hit stores this summer?

That's an easy answer for me.....My stores will not get them. They never do! There has not been a TF in Target OR Wal-Mart since before last Thanksgiving! Everyone at both stores that I have spoken to in S&R have told me to not expect ANY Animated figures to show up on the shelves until MAYBE...and they emphasize MAYBE....Halloween..and even that is dubious at best!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY