Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus

Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus

Thursday, October 30th, 2008 12:47pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 29,638

Two new auctions have surfaced on Ebay containing our first look at Universe Superion and Universe Bruticus (Maximus) in their packaging. Both sets are repaints from their respective Energon counterparts.

Bruticus Maximus features Onslaught repainted from Barricade, Vortex and Swindle from the Helicopter mold, and Blastoff and Brawl from the Tank mold.

Superion features Silverbolt repainted from Stormjet, Air Raid and Skydive from the A-10 plane, and Airazor (Slingshot) and Fireflight from the other.

Click here to view the auction for Superion and click here to view the auction for Bruticus Maximus.

Credit(s): Ebay

This article was last modified on Thursday, October 30th, 2008 1:16pm CDT

Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825169)
Posted by Rocketeer on October 30th, 2008 @ 12:49pm CDT
I must admit that I haven't been too keen on the Combiners.
Part of the reason was that I was under the impression that the components were being released separately.
These auctions are making me reconsider.
I may just have to pick up Superion if I see him in a store.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825173)
Posted by decepticonjon on October 30th, 2008 @ 12:52pm CDT
i'm glad i put off these combiners for the past several years. i like the superion repaint, still not sold on bruticus though. it is nice to see each new universe leader get's his gestalt to stand next to 'em
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825176)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 30th, 2008 @ 1:00pm CDT
Swish!

Good Job Bender! I love those combiners!
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825183)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 30th, 2008 @ 1:09pm CDT
That's what I like. :grin:
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825187)
Posted by Editor on October 30th, 2008 @ 1:11pm CDT
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825189)
Posted by Cheetron on October 30th, 2008 @ 1:12pm CDT
I had both sets and I never cared for either set of Combiners. I liked most of the parts individually. It was Storm jet that refused to stay together and ruined that combiner for me.

I must admit, I do like the paint colors.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825193)
Posted by Bed Bugs on October 30th, 2008 @ 1:15pm CDT
Editor wrote:So everyone gets their realnames but Slingshot? What is that as it looks like Airazor?

Yeah, it says Airazor, but we all know it's Slingshot.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825196)
Posted by Sledge on October 30th, 2008 @ 1:22pm CDT
Meh, never liked Slingshot anyway. If someone had to lose their name, I'm glad it was the mouthy little pillock.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825204)
Posted by Zek Patterson on October 30th, 2008 @ 1:35pm CDT
I might get them. I love the idea of combiners but own none due to the lack of them recently. Maybe I'll get both, or none. They look good....we'll see.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825215)
Posted by Valandar on October 30th, 2008 @ 1:49pm CDT
I'll definitely be getting both of them - but in the case of "Superion", more for the individual parts than the actual combiner.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825221)
Posted by Powersa on October 30th, 2008 @ 2:01pm CDT
I hope these repaints sell well so maybe Hasbro will bring more new products to the retail. I already got some of these torso and limbs so I'll pass.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825224)
Posted by Nekoman on October 30th, 2008 @ 2:03pm CDT
I’ll be blunt: I’ve not been this excited about an Transformer since Classics Devastator was released. I absolutely adore these figures, and have been hoping for Hasbro to do exactly this since I got Devastator.

These are at the top of my want list right now.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825233)
Posted by Overcracker on October 30th, 2008 @ 2:13pm CDT
ooh very cool definitely liking superion. Silverbolt's scheme looks really nice. I do hope the fixed the waist peg issue and the inverted knee problem this time around.
Definitely picking both of them up.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825236)
Posted by dragons on October 30th, 2008 @ 2:16pm CDT
as much as like combinors ill passs on these unless hasbor made some changes to them buy giving them hands that can hold weapons feet i dont care for ill buy the enrgon combinors if they had the proper hands feet i can deal with but im not expecting much on the hands excpet to be differnt color.

when i see these guys in stores ill make my deceiosn i may or may not pick these guys up
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825239)
Posted by Firebird on October 30th, 2008 @ 2:25pm CDT
I'm buying these as soon as I find them in stores.

Love the packaging.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825245)
Posted by Hard Hacker on October 30th, 2008 @ 2:32pm CDT
Do want.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825252)
Posted by TinglingSensation on October 30th, 2008 @ 2:42pm CDT
Has any info been released on when these are coming out or if they're store exclusives? I'm assuming it'll be for this holiday season since the boxed sets are already leaking out...
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825258)
Posted by TheMuffin on October 30th, 2008 @ 2:50pm CDT
My question is "did they fix Superion and his wonderful 'fall apart at a glance' waist?"
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825273)
Posted by --B-- on October 30th, 2008 @ 3:03pm CDT
What is the price point on these guys?

My sons would love Superion (by love I mean utterly destroy in less than 10 seconds) but I don't think they would be getting them.

Now if both combiners had ACTUAL HANDS and stayed together well, then maybe.
Re: Auctions with first boxed images of Superion and Bruticus (825291)
Posted by Zeds on October 30th, 2008 @ 3:24pm CDT
SOLD! The only thing stopping me from getting this was if it was going to be released as a Gift Set or not. Since it is a Gift Set. SOLD! :grin:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Air Raid SEALED CW G1 Generations Superion Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY