Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012

Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012

Tuesday, March 6th, 2012 6:58am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,059

Third-party accessory maker Beezleboss have updated their blog with a teaser image of their next project, Throttlebots! The teaser image below reveals concept art for Chase and Searchlight. Like their previous "Devil Horns" upgrade for Classics Cliffjumper and their forthcoming "Growing Pains" upgrade for United Bumblebee, these kits appear to be designed around the Classics Bumblebee mold. However, the only figures that come molded in the correct colors are Classics Cliffjumper and BotCon Bugbite.

Credit(s): Beezleboss

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 6th, 2012 8:07am CST

Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355377)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on March 6th, 2012 @ 7:08am CST
Sweet!
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355379)
Posted by robotmel on March 6th, 2012 @ 7:30am CST
:D
Let the speculation begin!!! ;)

Will they be add on parts for a current mold (ala FP/BB Cliff)?
Will they be a part re-shell?
Will they be a step into a full on new mold figure?

We all know some 3rd party folk start off with small add-ons then progress to their own created figures! :-?

:-$
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355382)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 6th, 2012 @ 7:45am CST
The back of those cars look suspiciously like the Classics Bumblebee mold.

If these are add-ons, how are we meant to deal with the colours of the figures? Maybe these are add-ons for Cliffjumper and Bugbite.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355388)
Posted by robotmel on March 6th, 2012 @ 8:25am CST
Sodan-1 wrote:The back of those cars look suspiciously like the Classics Bumblebee mold.

:-?
You could be onto something there with the back end of Cliff/Bee, even that little tab hole on the roof looks familiar!
Thing is with this mold there only seems to be Bumblebee freely available. Cliff is rare and there no chance of getting Bugbite!

Get your paint set out boys!! #-o
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355393)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 6th, 2012 @ 8:45am CST
It looks like there are parts for a total reshell of the BB mold (you'll notice there are different backs for the figure). If so you may not need a Cliffjumper or Botcon Bugbite, but any of the cheaper BBs available.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355395)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 6th, 2012 @ 8:45am CST
robotmel wrote:

:-?

Get your paint set out boys!! #-o

Agreed. Not the smartest idea making add-ons for some of the rarest Classics figures. That is of course if they are add-ons.

I've said it many times before and I'm going to repeat it: I'd like new molds for my Throttlebots, which is annoying seeing as the Classics Bumblebee mold is pretty much perfect. If iGear include Bumblebee and Cliffjumper in their MiniWarriors line I'll get them and donate deluxe BB and CJ to the Throttlebot cause.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355396)
Posted by Rated X on March 6th, 2012 @ 8:48am CST
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355398)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 6th, 2012 @ 8:53am CST
I will be interested in these if they are reshells that Beezleboss makes. I'm not gonna alter my Botcon Bugbite for this. I'm not one for value in my collection, but I'm also not gonna try and devalue my botcon guys for this. And yeah, the after market for Bugbite and CJ would just make these guys not worth buying if you need those figures. That's just sales you won't be making.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355399)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 6th, 2012 @ 9:04am CST
Rated X wrote:You cant bolt on the obvious white searchlights on the hood or extra vents on Chases doors. These are plain and clearly re-shells of the Bumblebee mold. I think that's a great idea !!! Once again who needs Hasbro ???

FansProject did it with CJ, although I do agree that they're more than likely reshells simply because it makes more sense.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355414)
Posted by Mkall on March 6th, 2012 @ 10:03am CST
I'm really hoping that these will be released as full figures. If it requires some work to do, I may not get.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355430)
Posted by necr0blivion on March 6th, 2012 @ 11:15am CST
It seems the company is hinting at reshells. Those alt modes look so much like Classics Bee/CJ, but look to the immediate left and right of each car - there's a different back and front for each.

If these kits are intended for Cliffjumper and Bugbite, that's a no-sale for me (I don't even own Bugbite).

Who would've thought that Bee is the Autobot's answer to Seekers?
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355445)
Posted by Optimus1138 on March 6th, 2012 @ 12:02pm CST
These actually look really cool! If I'm able to afford it, I might get the one for Cliffjumper, since I already have a Classics Cliffjumper.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355450)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 6th, 2012 @ 12:10pm CST
If these are re-shells than I'm hitting the local Thrift/Discount stores. I've come across Classics 'Bee more than once now and I have no doubt that I can hunt down another. I won't pay full price from an online retailer to get a TF that is going to get modded in some way but I'll gladly pick one up while I'm already out and about anyways. That would be so cool having a set of Classics style Throttlebots. I always thought those figures should have been given better articulation.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355474)
Posted by G1 Legacy on March 6th, 2012 @ 1:53pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:
The back of those cars look suspiciously like the Classics Bumblebee mold.

It even says so in the article description above. So theres no doubt there.

Hey, Rated-X, it looks like Beezleboss has been monitoring our conversation threads :lol:
I'm kidding, I'm sure these have been in the pipeline for months. I have to say though, I'm not too thrilled about having to paint multiple figures. Seems like alot of work for figures that Hasbro should be making for us anyway.

Rated-X wrote:

I hope its not a bolt on kit...take the Fansproject Cliffjumper kit from a few years ago, I hated that thing...it made the figure look so clunky, like the bastard creation of a Tuner boy modifying his car that didn't know what he was doing...I love Fansproject stuff in general but thats the one thing they havn't been able to sell me on so far...plus its so freaking expensive on the secondary market...they can keep it. To me a throttlebot should be sleek, streamlined, and aerodynamic. So I hope its not a kit that you bolt onto the existing figures...it'll be interesting to see what they've got up their sleeve.

Patience....patience....a common neccesity in this hobby. :BOT:
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355520)
Posted by originaljk555 on March 6th, 2012 @ 3:26pm CST
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355536)
Posted by El Duque on March 6th, 2012 @ 4:08pm CST
originaljk555 wrote:Hong Kong Transformers fan group says these are full figures and not just add-ons for existing ones. They don't say whether they are reshells of the Classics Bumblebee mold or brand new molds.

Please be true!
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355557)
Posted by NTESHFT on March 6th, 2012 @ 5:17pm CST
El Duque wrote:

Please be true!

Agreed. I already can't afford the Botcon Bugbite, and if I could get one, I wouldn't spend that kind of money just to have the add on. Please let these be full figs......
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355562)
Posted by Mkall on March 6th, 2012 @ 5:28pm CST
headsortails wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Please be true!

Honestly it's very poor business decision to have fans re-shell such a pricey figure. I know I wouldn't touch my Bug Bite.

If they are full figures, then they're definite buys for me.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355593)
Posted by originaljk555 on March 6th, 2012 @ 6:57pm CST
I don't think they will be a reshell kit that is sold to replqce the current shell. I think they are saying it will be reshelled by beelzeboss and the skeleton of the figure (robot mode) will be a knock off of classics bumblebee. I'm hoping for a whole new mold totally.
Re: Beezleboss Teases Throttlebots for 2012 (1355630)
Posted by Rated X on March 6th, 2012 @ 9:21pm CST
G1 Legacy wrote:Sodan-1 wrote:
The back of those cars look suspiciously like the Classics Bumblebee mold.

It even says so in the article description above. So theres no doubt there.

Rated-X wrote:

Patience....patience....a common neccesity in this hobby. :BOT:

I would be flattered if they came up with this idea because of us. However, I dont recommend trying to paint a Bumblebee. It is really a pain in the ass.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Universe Starscream Generations Classics 25th Anniversary Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons COMPLETE BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Studio Series The Movie Deluxe Class 86-01 MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE TRAILBREAKER GOOD SIZE FOR SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "(2) STERLING TRANSFORMER CORP ST26744 TRANSFORMERS NEW. Govt  5950-00-442-5237" on EBAY
Buy "Blaster - Transformers Generation 1 Walmart Reissue - Brand New in Box" on EBAY