Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron

Transformers News: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron

Monday, May 14th, 2018 6:03AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 9,850

From the various news stories that came out end of last week and over the weekend, the one about a new 'plus' version Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron figure was sort of overshadowed by the other Megatron on the horizon - but MP-36+ is indeed coming in the near future, and thanks to the Snakas blog, we have some better images of the leaflet that we had first seen in the story that broke the news.

The new release will feature a more toy-inspired deco, including the spiral chest motif, a different head sculpt and some added red accents on arms, chest and head. Plus, the whole figure will receive a more generous chrome treatment too. Check out the images below, and let us know what you think!

Credit(s): Snakas
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959328)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on May 14th, 2018 @ 6:05am CDT
I think the scope is new too?
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959329)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 14th, 2018 @ 6:07am CDT
The red details on the inner arms and legs.. Is that Stickers???
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959338)
Posted by Emerje on May 14th, 2018 @ 7:11am CDT

The closer looks make sit more obvious that the inset image is the original MP-36 with silencer and stock. The picture of MP-36+ in gun mode without the extra parts really does make it look more and more like he doesn't come with them. A translation would be great.

Emerje
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959340)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 14th, 2018 @ 7:13am CDT
Emerje wrote:The scope is the same, just painted, the red also looks like red plastic and painted details.
Emerje

I was going to say. Stickers in the MP line would be a definite no-no for me.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959342)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 14th, 2018 @ 7:14am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:The red details on the inner arms and legs.. Is that Stickers???

It looks (let me stress the word "looks") to be very sticker heavy.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959348)
Posted by dragons on May 14th, 2018 @ 7:29am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:

It looks (let me stress the word "looks") to be very sticker heavy.

I see red plastic with stickers giving it more electronic wire panel detail
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959351)
Posted by Emerje on May 14th, 2018 @ 7:37am CDT

Emerje
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959355)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 14th, 2018 @ 7:57am CDT
Emerje wrote:I can't imagine them using so many stickers, they have to be tampographs like Artfire.

Emerje

The two are hard to tell apart in pictures.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959368)
Posted by Cobotron on May 14th, 2018 @ 9:12am CDT

But I'll most likely jump through that hoop if I have to. :lol:
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959376)
Posted by shajaki on May 14th, 2018 @ 10:21am CDT
Cobotron wrote:I'm guessing they are almost certainly red plastic and tampos. I can only recall a few instances with stickers. Like G2 gold Bee so you could choose G1 or G2 insignia. And maybe Silverstreak's :BOT: too? Oh and Laserwave.
Yeah... right... I recall that now because it annoyed me that Silverstreak had optional stickers, and DiaBlueBlue had tampo'd insignias #-o

Cobotron wrote:Here's a question. I think it was Fenrir that said something somewhere about these being TT Mall exclusives. Is that confirmed? Is that what this little add is about? Just wondering as that will add some difficulty to acquiring him.
I'm fairly certain it's a TTM thing. Only it's odd because web stores (BBTS and the like) had Shocky up right away, but no sign of Megs yet :-?
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959382)
Posted by sol magnus on May 14th, 2018 @ 10:58am CDT
Heaven help me, but I'm probably going to get that Megatron.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959392)
Posted by Rated X on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:15am CDT
Looks like theres no paint on the gun barrel to scratch up with the silencer. They even got the c**k barrel toy feature lol. Im no fan of cartoon accurate bodies sporting toy accurate decos and heads....its just weird. Let the bricks be bricks.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959406)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:59am CDT
I think the unpainted gun barrel is a reference to the original toy. Same with the trigger area.

Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959425)
Posted by william-james88 on May 14th, 2018 @ 1:55pm CDT

But I'll most likely jump through that hoop if I have to. :lol:

MP toys released by Takara are never hard to aquire (unlike the more promotional based MPs released by clothing shops and the like). It being exclusive only means you pay more at BBTS.

I for one do not like this Megatron at all. The deco looks the part on the G1 toy because that is the G1 toy and I am glad I own it, but I dont need it replicated on a mold meant to be the on screen character. I would have preferred a merger of the two, like the face sculpt and overall look in both modes of the initial MP36 but done in a more silver deco (red or no red, not really necessary).

Anyways, I already have an MP version of the original toy, its called MP 05.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959427)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 14th, 2018 @ 2:00pm CDT
I hadn't realised it was a thing before, but for the cost of MP figures, stickers are just unacceptable to me.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959429)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 14th, 2018 @ 2:20pm CDT
Someone mentioned it already but I don't think this version is coming with the stock and silencer.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959431)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 14th, 2018 @ 2:28pm CDT
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959432)
Posted by william-james88 on May 14th, 2018 @ 2:30pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:So stickers and less stuff? Is this going to be a discounted version? Because I doubt that too >:oP

Its an exclusive, forget discounts, its not related. Just look at all the recent MP seeker releases for examples.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959434)
Posted by shajaki on May 14th, 2018 @ 2:50pm CDT
Sure nothing's confirmed, but I don't see why everyone is so worried about stickers. MP Artfire, period.

Also, if he doesn't come with the extra gun bits, he will absolutely be cheaper. Just like trailer'less MP-10B. However, he will still have some sort of premium due to the nature of TTM. Maybe the two will just cancel each other out and he'll be the same price the normal MP-36.
Re: Better Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron (1959435)
Posted by Overcracker on May 14th, 2018 @ 2:56pm CDT
I like the toy accurate deco with Chrome bits. But the lack of silencer and stock would be a deal breaker.

Don't mind the lack of energon Mace or laser sword that much. But the Prime-killing gun would be nice to have.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018