Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide

Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide

Tuesday, May 24th, 2011 2:01am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 72,130

Pick a car, any car.

The Toys'R'US Mission Earth Scan Series is the stores exclusive series, which involve Transformers "trans-scanning" their vehicle modes. TFclub over at Taobao offers our first in-packages images of Sideswipe and Ironhide. They also include the biographies of both figures. The Scan Series continues with Bumblebee and Ratchet, who's bios will likely be the same as Sideswipe's and Ironhide's. Anything involving finding a vehicle that fits their role in the Autobot army, and kicking Decepticon tail with it! Enjoy.

Sideswipe
There are two things SIDESWIPE likes more than anything else in the Galaxy: Pummeling DECEPTICONS and fast cars. He chose to scan a vehicle that would allow him to enjoy both. He now arrives to the fight in a stylish, cutting-edge sports car ready to junk any DECEPTICON that dares put a scratch in his paint!

Ironhide
IRONHIDE may be the most battle-hardened AUTOBOT. Countless encounters with the DECEPTICONS have taught him that the proper vehicle mode is essential to battlefield success. Trucks, he thinks, are the ultimate in vehicle mode superiority. And he`s just found one that rivets utility, durability, and performance together in one mean DECEPTICON smashing package.

Keep your optics locked at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the web!

Credit(s): TFclub

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 24th, 2011 2:03am CDT

Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227531)
Posted by robofreak on May 24th, 2011 @ 2:06am CDT

If I can ever get out to a TRU I might pick these up. For now, I'll wait.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227534)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on May 24th, 2011 @ 2:15am CDT
Was seriously considering SS, but I'm not sure about those translucent shoulders. Though his blades DO look pretty sweet.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227537)
Posted by Xithys on May 24th, 2011 @ 2:23am CDT
I plan to buy the entire scan series based on what I've seen so far. The idea of the semi-uniform paint scheme between them gets me all excited.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227569)
Posted by OlivusPrime on May 24th, 2011 @ 7:00am CDT
robofreak wrote:I'm just glad they used the ROTF mold for Sideswipe. That one is leaps and bounds better than the DOTM version.

I think it's just the paintjob that makes DOTM Sideswipe worse. Like all DOTM figures, he has great detailing, but little paint to show it off with.

Not really into these, but I like the overall praise of the vehicles they've chosen. Get a Corvette Stingray, kids! IMO Ironhide looks best.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227570)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on May 24th, 2011 @ 7:05am CDT
Sideswipe looks alright; he's one for the "maybe" pile. Ironhide, on the other hand, would have looked better if they had made the front end/torso translucent rather than the back end/legs. Also, blue translucent plastic would have been a vast improvement over the cheap looking clear white material.Just sayin'.

I like how they thought to include "Product does not glow or light up". I figure if they're going to go that far, they should also include "Product does not include paint apps shown in picture" on all TF products. Of course, I guess the teeny tiny "colors and styles may vary" at the bottom gets them off that particular hook.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227586)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 24th, 2011 @ 7:31am CDT
Xithys wrote:I plan to buy the entire scan series based on what I've seen so far.

Same here.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227641)
Posted by Rated X on May 24th, 2011 @ 10:37am CDT
Well ever since Hasbro/Takara has decided to use 2 second movie clips to create new repaints, the possibilities are endless. (Hence e-hobby sets which I did buy and love)

These however, I think are these look ridiculous. Shouldnt the tires on the clear end of the car be clear ??? All other clear figures have clear tires and rims. Hasbro got cheap again.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227662)
Posted by Stockade on May 24th, 2011 @ 11:34am CDT
PASS! this looks cheap and very poorly done by hasbro
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227775)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 24th, 2011 @ 2:51pm CDT
Hell no, that's fail.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227827)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on May 24th, 2011 @ 4:21pm CDT
Wait a sec... They're scanning THEMSELVES? Whatever. I like that Sideswipe actually has silver paint.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227835)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on May 24th, 2011 @ 4:35pm CDT
I actually kinda like it how TRU actually make a custom bio for the two repaints. As for the repaints itself...hmm...I dislike it >.>...Why? Cause I dont like it when a REAL LIFE car have something that makes them a FICTIONAL car...For example this two : The cybertronian symbols and the half translucent.
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227845)
Posted by jaws on May 24th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CDT
Tentative release date?
Re: Biographies of TRU Mission Earth Scan Series Sideswipe and Ironhide (1227947)
Posted by Skywarp64 on May 24th, 2011 @ 7:39pm CDT
I love what the trans-scanning design does to Sideswipe's chest! Despite his problem with standing up, I think I might have to give that one a go!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers IF EX-26R Racing Bros. Retrograde (Runabout)(Runamuck)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Decepticon Blackout with upgrade DNA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Scorponok 21 in Action Figure - WFC-E25" on EBAY