Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration

Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration

Sunday, April 11th, 2010 9:30pm CDT

Categories: Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 25,982

We have some news concerning Botcon, which will be held in Orlando, Florida this year. Brian Savage has posted on the Transformers Collectors' Club forums notifying us with what's going down in terms of tours and the customisation class this June.

Tours - Kennedy Space Center on Wednesday

Customisation Class - On Wednesday and Thursday, 25 people each, and one cannot sign up for both.

In terms of the Registration for Botcon, it has been delayed due trying to get the registration up alongside their new auction site. The brochure will be up very soon, however the registration's start date has yet to be determined.

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Brian Savage

Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063783)
Posted by Mkall on April 11th, 2010 @ 10:23pm CDT
*cue jeapordy theme song*

I'm sorry, but two months away is not a good time for "soon" :-?
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063798)
Posted by Savage on April 11th, 2010 @ 10:54pm CDT

I also predict a massive server crash within the first hour of registration.
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063799)
Posted by Blurrz on April 11th, 2010 @ 10:57pm CDT
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063803)
Posted by LiKwid on April 11th, 2010 @ 11:13pm CDT
Mkall wrote:*cue jeapordy theme song*

I'm sorry, but two months away is not a good time for "soon" :-?

I agree...I used to live 10 minutes away from the kennedy space center..Trust me unless your a spce buff, skip it..Go and check out Islands of Adventure or City Walk instead ...

Savage wrote:Indeed. I predict a throng of pissed-off people who don't make it into the customizing classes. At this rate, anybody not sitting at a computer the moment registration goes online is SOL on customizing classes.

I also predict a massive server crash within the first hour of registration.

AHHHH I'm looking foward to the custo class but I guess your right..I'm gonna look silly carrying around my laptop at work LoL

The crash is inevitable but I hope it doesn't happen..Especially when I hit "Submit" LOL :BANG_HEAD:

Blurrz wrote:Hey.. maybe they'll get registration up by the time we get checked into our hotels.. Oh wait. XD

I LoL'd
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063864)
Posted by jynxer on April 12th, 2010 @ 5:38am CDT
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063871)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 12th, 2010 @ 6:28am CDT
Hmmm? double post...
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063879)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 12th, 2010 @ 6:58am CDT
jynxer wrote:hey guys this is gonna be my first botcon (if they ever release the registration) and i'm just wondering... whats a Customisation Class

This is my first year I will "TRY" and get into the class myself. It's a class where you will get to put together a figure straight from it's plastic sprues. They pick one particular mold for the class and then take you step by step on assembly and I assume painting. Sometimes it's related to the theme of botcon, sometimes I think it's random, but it should be a unique figure nonetheless, well, except for the year they did Overkill from Clssc Grimlock. But the class's version was still different from the Special Edition that was released.

2005?
2006- Cyb Scrapmetal Metal to Inferno and another guy. Forgot who.
2007- Classic Grimlock to Overkill
2008- Club Nightbeat to SG Nightbeat
2009- Energon Rodimus to SG Thunderclash.

This is an extra fee and is NOT part of the regular registration cost. I'm putting an extra $100 aside for this class. This year, there are 2 classes. 1 on Wednesday and 1 on Thursday with 25 people in each class. It goes from 9am-3pm (est.)
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063911)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on April 12th, 2010 @ 8:49am CDT
I'm aiming for Wednesday's customizing class. Here's hoping.

So will we have an announcement before registration goes live that registration will go live? I don't have time to hit F5 on the site. I need to know in advance!
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063913)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 12th, 2010 @ 9:04am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I'm aiming for Wednesday's customizing class. Here's hoping.

I'm shooting for Thursday, but I'll take WHATEVER day I can. Yeah, so no need to keep on refreshing until after the brochure goes up, then it's F5 all day errr day until I'm officially in. :)
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063917)
Posted by Rated X on April 12th, 2010 @ 9:40am CDT

But more important, since this is my first Botcon, must I remain online 24-7 to get the regular Primus package ??? (I dont want any tour add-ons because I am a Florida resident) Do the regular Primus Packages go that quick like within an hour ??? Or can I buy it within the same day or two days after registration goes online ???
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063923)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 12th, 2010 @ 9:46am CDT
I don't know if I'm allowed at Kennedy any more.

Last time we were there my best friend punched one of those guys wearing the space suits in the back.

He deserved it, if you're wondering.
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1063966)
Posted by Savage on April 12th, 2010 @ 11:45am CDT
Rated X wrote:Even though I havent seen Kennedy since I was a kid, Im scared of what I may miss if I opt this tour. Dont be surprised if something is given away free or cheap while these guys are looking at space suits. If I get bored between events or dont mix well with other attendees, youll find me at the hotel bar with a cold one !!!

Primus Packages shouldn't sell out for at least a week or two, probably longer, and it's equally likely they won't sell out at all. It's the customizing classes that are going to go at hyperspeed.
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1064010)
Posted by Rated X on April 12th, 2010 @ 2:42pm CDT
Savage wrote:

Do any of the customizing packages include any free figures or have anything to do with Transformers ??? Or are these just extra excursions designed for tourists who want to sightsee the area ???
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1064033)
Posted by Blurrz on April 12th, 2010 @ 4:16pm CDT
Customizing class is not within any package. It's an extra event that can be signed up for. You get one free figure, Prime Evil already explained it.
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1064034)
Posted by LiKwid on April 12th, 2010 @ 4:17pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Savage wrote:

You get to keep the figure you customize. They give it to you off of the plastic sprues and you assemble it and paint it. I for one would love the chance to be in the customize class but with my work schedule I'll be happy with the primus package..i can't remember what the guy who instructs the customizing class name is but I know he's one of the best..Well aside from Jin Saotome :P

Ahh his name is Shawn Tessman
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1064042)
Posted by Rated X on April 12th, 2010 @ 5:12pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Savage wrote:

Ahh his name is Shawn Tessman

Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1064046)
Posted by Mkall on April 12th, 2010 @ 5:32pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Interesting. But honestly, if you are not good at painting (like me) would you consider the customizing package worth it or not ???

If I'm fast enough I'm gonna give it a try. The chance to own a figure of which there are less than 100 made appeals to me.

Also if I do it well enough, maybe I can convince Seibs to do a gallery of it.
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1064051)
Posted by Rated X on April 12th, 2010 @ 5:50pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

Also if I do it well enough, maybe I can convince Seibs to do a gallery of it.

Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1064065)
Posted by Mkall on April 12th, 2010 @ 7:20pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Thats not a bad idea. So if the Primus goes for about $300, whats the price on the customize package ?

I think it's pretty cheap. 50?
Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration (1064324)
Posted by LiKwid on April 13th, 2010 @ 5:29pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

I think it's pretty cheap. 50?

I was looking through last years brochure and I thought the class was $85 bucks? Still seems like a fair price considering you get to asemble the figure , paint and keep it..not to mention get some helpful hints and tips from a experienced customizer..

Wish Jin would be the instructor :P

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY