BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled

BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled

Thursday, February 17th, 2011 2:14pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 59,531

Have you been waiting patiently to find out what Animated Wild Rider would look like since BotCon teased the Lockdown mold?

Well, the wait is over. In a series of tweets and Facebook posts, the Club has revealed Wild Rider, including a closeup of the all new head:

Keep watching Seibertron.com for all the latest BotCon news!

Credit(s): BotCon Twitter Feed

This article was last modified on Thursday, February 17th, 2011 2:15pm CST

Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183402)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:16pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:

That looks a LOT like Lockdown. I know...same mold and all, but I expected a radically different head.

We know Motormaster is next, betcha it's Voyager Prime.

Also, betcha we get a Toxitron redeco out of that.

Feeling luke warm again...
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183403)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:22pm CST
If it was black like its suppose to be then it would be good but its not so its crap. My prediction on the mold was right at least. This is defiantly a botcon set i dont care for. So far they've used all good molds but compared to the original figures them selves these suck.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183405)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:25pm CST
I have to say, I don't like this at all.

Wildrider's alt mode is quite appropriate, but this head sculpt just does not do the job.

For the first thing, it looks like Lockdown or at least it isn't any different than Lockdown. For another thing, shouldn't that pinkish-purple be out and out red?

I betcha there's something cute in the comic where Wildrider takes the engine/EMP off of Ironfist or the Autotroopers or something...

;)
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183406)
Posted by Jesterhead on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:25pm CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:If it was black like its suppose to be then it would be good but its not so its crap.

I wouldn't say it is crap with no black. But, yes, a darker shade would have looked better.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183410)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:35pm CST

Also, I find it rather amusing that after everyone guessed at Wreck-Gar for Motormaster on the earlier pages, I go and pose a qauestion about the set involving Voyager Prime 3 pages back and now folks are guessing Voyager Prime. The worst part of it is that NOBODY bothered to answer my question. #-o Meh, doesn't matter anyways. I won't be going to BotCon and after seeing this most recent reveal, I don't hold much hope for this set turning out well anyways.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183413)
Posted by lordthunderwing on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:38pm CST
This set is meh to me. When I saw the first two I was somewhat excited, but after "Dragqueenstrip" or whatever its suppose to be and now this, this is officially a pass for me. I'm still iffy on whether I even want to go to the Con this year, but this set sure isn't helping win me over.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183416)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:41pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:They better issue sunglasses with this set because some of these color combinations are almost offensively loud. IF there is actually a combined mode for this set, I fear that it will look like a technicolor train-wreck.

I'm telling you with 100% certainty that these toys will not combine.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183419)
Posted by Atomatron on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:46pm CST
I like the Voyager Prime being Motormaster (still hoping for it to be Wreckgar...) and Menasor being Ultra Magnus painted limbs idea
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183425)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:58pm CST
Holy hell that looks brilliant! XD If there'd been this in Animated I might have liked the show (looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot of that)! Makes me wish I could get the Animated Stunticons set without the insanely stupid price tag.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183432)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 17th, 2011 @ 3:22pm CST
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183435)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 17th, 2011 @ 3:24pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:Hmmmm... Not all that wonderful. At first glance, I actually thought it was the original Lockdown head. Meh.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Some people on other boards are going on about how brilliantly different they are and I just don't see it.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183437)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 17th, 2011 @ 3:27pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:

I happen to really like the head, it has personality. G1 Wildrider was a mad driver in every sense of the word, and that's reflected in that maniacal nuggin of Animated Wildrider. Really reminds me of Blitzwing's crazy head.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183440)
Posted by Burn on February 17th, 2011 @ 3:27pm CST
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183444)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 17th, 2011 @ 3:35pm CST
Burn wrote:I looked at it and it didn't say "Wild Rider" to me. It said "Lockdown". New head aside, even the colours said Lockdown.

Right? Look, I love any nod to G1, but this "Wildrider" is more like a Passion Fruit Lockdown, than a Wildrider.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183445)
Posted by soundwave1994 on February 17th, 2011 @ 3:37pm CST
i like this set aside from the whole idea of drag strip, i like the colours on that mould but not the idea as a whole i just wish i could go like i planned to this year:(
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183447)
Posted by robofreak on February 17th, 2011 @ 3:42pm CST
It's a cool set, but it's not really capturing the magic of the Stunticons. It feels more like they are just trying to make the set be something that it isn't.

Wildrider isn't all that special. I even pulled out my Lockdown figure just so I could confirm a different head. That's how similar they looked. It wasn't until I actually stared at the thing that I realized it had a Blitzwing thing going on. Wildrider is more like Blitzwing's brother in Animated now.

I get the feeling that Motormaster is going to be the saving grace of this set. I'm hoping it uses the Voyager Prime mold so I cann start working on making the combiner upgrade pack.

Would anyone be interested if I were to make an accessory pack to get these figures to combine?

It's still up in the air as to whether or not I'll even be able to go to Botcon this year. The next few weeks will determine that. Finances are finally getting stable in my family so I might have some luck. If not, I'll hunt these down on ebay and get ready for 2012.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183457)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 17th, 2011 @ 4:10pm CST
Looks like a redeco of Lockdown, to me. Not drastic enough of a change to wow me.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183468)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 17th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CST
I like the crazy teeth and eyes and the head sculpt is quite different. It's the lack of a remolded neck that makes it so hard to tell with the spikes and all. I assumed that was getting remolded as well. It looks okay for a G1 color scheme in both modes and I'm happy to see we're getting the chainsaw and not the hook. Well, just Motormaster left to see and I'm back to "they're okay" mode. Hoping the last one wows me.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183487)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 17th, 2011 @ 5:41pm CST
Mother of a fudge. I wish they had kept Animated going. No matter what, I am going to Botcon this year. No one will stop me. Even if I have to walk from VA all the way to California, I will haz this.
Re: BotCon 2011 Animated Wild Rider Unveiled (1183491)
Posted by DJLazer on February 17th, 2011 @ 5:45pm CST
wildrider looks like blitzwing's face and lockdown's body combined.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire & Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Triggerhappy & Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Windblade complete G1 LG-12 Takara Generations US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumer MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition RID Starscream Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-37 LG37 JAGUAR RAVAGE Legends Titans return" on EBAY