BotCon 2011 brochure is now online

Transformers News: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online

Friday, March 18th, 2011 10:36PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 43,312

We received the following message earlier this evening from Brian Savage, head of BotCon and the Transformers Collector's Club, regarding BotCon 2011.

BotCon wrote:Image

The BotCon brochure is now online!

Go to BotCon.com and click on the Information tab.

Registration will open in a few short days. - should I just say soon? ;)

Please make sure you READ the brochure and understand what you want to register for before registration opens.

We anticipate a very fast sell out this year.

Please read the FAQs BEFORE you use the online registration system. If you have any additional questions please use the email link at BotCon.com. I'll be answering your new questions over the weekend.

Unfortunately because of the speed at which this will happen, please go slowly through the online registration and be careful not to make a mistake. If you make a mistake, by the time we get to you to fix it, we may be sold out!

Thanks for your patience as this is the LARGEST BotCon ever and some of the arrangements have been very complicated!

Brian
Credit(s): BotCon
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1196891)
Posted by LiKwid on March 19th, 2011 @ 12:05am CDT
Ah I remember this time last year I was giddy as all hell in anticipation for botcon. This year though the theme and the location are keeping me away. Would be nice to see all of the seibertron crew but alas it will have to wait till next year( hopefully) I think I still owe some shots from last year :P Nevertheless this great news for those who are going to attend this year!
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1196953)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on March 19th, 2011 @ 6:02am CDT
Yes! Got the email today! I can't tell you guy how excited I am for Botcon 2011!

Ok guys, this is gonna be my first Botcon. I want to get everything it offers, convention tours, every panel, autographs, and have the ultimate Botcon experience.

I've heard some awesome stories about how cool and nice the fan crowd can be and I'm excited to be among some hardcore fans. Hope to meet any of you guys from the forum!
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1196961)
Posted by --B-- on March 19th, 2011 @ 7:02am CDT
I am pretty excited for everyone. I really was a blast last year, I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with some awesome people last year.

I can't go this year, as my work isn't allowing for any vacation in June or July this year (actually a good thing, but that's another story!) and I think I will miss the people more than the plastic.

One word of advice to the noobs, if you can, make sure you don't have to fly out until the evening of the last day so you can stay that whole final (Sunday?) day, I missed a lot, both by leaving and missing party time!
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1196977)
Posted by Rated X on March 19th, 2011 @ 9:15am CDT
"Transformers Customizing Class‑a day long optional event that teaches
fans to take off-the-shelf Transformers and create new characters by
repainting the existing toys"

Last year nobody came out of this class with a "custom" figure. They all came out with a black G2 sideswipe. I asked one of the participants if they were taught how to customize their figure with paint or body mods and he said "no". They were only taught how to assemble the kit that came completley colored. In other words, it is not a "customizing class" as stated. It is an "factory line assembly class" with an exclusive repaint of their choice. Just wanted to point this out.
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1196989)
Posted by AutobotSilencer on March 19th, 2011 @ 9:54am CDT
This will be my 3rd Botcon in a Row!!! I love the Nonchalant way they mentioned that they will be giving out 3D Cinemasks, and movie snacks!!! Wonder what they could be for??? Yes!!! Even a preview would be sweet, like ROTF at Botcon 09!!!
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197182)
Posted by vulgar_wraith on March 19th, 2011 @ 7:22pm CDT
I didn't notice any restrictions on the page but can you purchace two Primus packages?
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197183)
Posted by It Is Him on March 19th, 2011 @ 7:23pm CDT
Just checked my schedule, and I've got class that weekend.

See ya guys in 2012. Hopefully.
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197393)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 20th, 2011 @ 11:38am CDT
Rated X wrote:"Transformers Customizing Class‑a day long optional event that teaches
fans to take off-the-shelf Transformers and create new characters by
repainting the existing toys"

This is a completely legitimate point.
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197852)
Posted by Seibertron on March 21st, 2011 @ 12:56pm CDT
Earlier today, @BotCon posted a few tweets regarding BotCon 2011. We retweeted their tweets on Seibertron.com's Twitter page:

@BotCon on Twitter wrote:DINNER and CASINO night is FRIDAY NIGHT. Included WITH Primus package. HoF Ceremony is SATURDAY NIGHT. $45 & will have diff features this yr
1 hour ago

@BotCon on Twitter wrote:TF fan sites need to front page this news... When Registration goes live an email will be sent and a Tweet will be sent out.
3 hours ago

@BotCon on Twitter wrote:Have 5 minutes? READ THIS http://www.botcon.com/botcon2011/bc11faq.cfm
4 hours ago

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest BotCon news as it becomes available. You can also get the latest updates if you follow us on Twitter.
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197889)
Posted by Seibertron on March 21st, 2011 @ 2:57pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197891)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:00pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Just occurred to me that this is going to mess up our plans for the annual Seibertron.com night. Hm.

I bet they were looking at how successful the Friday night parties were getting and decided that there was opportunity they were not capitalizing on.
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197894)
Posted by Seibertron on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:15pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

Or maybe they're trying to prevent the crazy drunkeness that happens on those nights? Or maybe they've got something bigger than a quick DOTM preview (just a guess based off 2009) planned for us on Saturday night. Hm.
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197898)
Posted by Rated X on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:29pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Im still not sure if I wanna go for the "Animated" theme. But if I do every night will be drinking night. From what I was told this area is out in the open. Not like last year where we were trapped in Disney World and forced to party by their curfews and early bar closing times. Wish they would put Botcon in Miami so I could take all of ya to the shake junt and we can party with the strippers till 5 AM !!! ;)
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197916)
Posted by vulgar_wraith on March 21st, 2011 @ 4:17pm CDT
I just realised the HoF was a seperate event now and cost $45 which is kind of steep may have to skip out on that.Don't know if it will be worth going too.What everyone elses thoughts thats going this year?
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197942)
Posted by El Duque on March 21st, 2011 @ 5:03pm CDT

Start your engines! Botcon 2011 Registration is now online! Be prepared to wait as their site is running a bit on the slow side, but registration is officially active and online. Click here to be taken to their registration site!
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197980)
Posted by Diem on March 21st, 2011 @ 5:54pm CDT
Signed up for the Primus package. See you there, guys!
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197991)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 21st, 2011 @ 6:09pm CDT
From what I hear and see, registration is still bungled up a bit.

:roll:
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197993)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 21st, 2011 @ 6:10pm CDT
Unfortunately, I cannot make it this year.... :sad: I was hoping to meet some of the faces behind the usernames. I hope everyone who can go DOES, and has an awesome time! I can tell you, my absolute best friend I met waiting in the long (and totally hysterical) lines! Don't let the box set keep you from going if you can.
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1197996)
Posted by rpetras on March 21st, 2011 @ 6:13pm CDT
I can't FREAKING LOG IN!!!!!!!
Re: BotCon 2011 brochure is now online (1198008)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on March 21st, 2011 @ 6:47pm CDT
Got my Primus package ordered! SOOOO EXCITED!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
"Pre-Holidaze"
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DINO STRAFE NEW IN BUBBLE&CARD VIETNAM2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction BUMBLEBEE Robot Camaro w/ Power Punch Lot of 2" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2014 Loyal Subjects Transformers bundle Ghost, Shattered Glass, Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "transformers age of extinction slug slag" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTEH BUMBLEBEE AND SAM WITWICKY HASBRO 2010" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SILVER KNIGHT OPTIMUS PRIME PLATINUM EDITION LEADER AOE NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Platinum Edition Optimus Prime Year of the Horse" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AD26 Lockdown" on EBAY