Transformers News: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus

Saturday, June 20th, 2015 3:19PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 46,525

The second big panel from BotCon 2015 Saturday, after the Hasbro Transformers products (summary here and display gallery here!) is the Transformers Collectors' Club panel, featuring Pete Sinclair, Brian Savage and Lanny Lathem.

The discussion revolved mostly around the Cybertron Most Wanted set released for the 2015 event, with artwork by Dan Khanna, and the confirmation that Oilmaster was indeed based on a Pretender prototype shown at Botcon '96. They also discussed some of the original names and incarnations of the original character the souvenir sets are paying homage to.

But the big news, you ask..? Before you head over to the Seibertron.com gallery here, read on below!

The next TFCC Free membership incentive figure is Universe Ramjet from the Armada Starscream mold which will be used for Armada Skywarp (both have new head sculpt) for subscription service!

"Human" Arcee and Rodimus figures to be made based on "Being Human" episode, individually carded on Joe style cards (these crossovers will be available to both clubs)!

Mid august order period (tentative) for subscription service 4.0, and 6th subscription figure will be revealed late July or August.

Hopping onto the Combiner Wars train, the Club will release Mayhem Maximus, made out of: Windsweeper, Ruckus (from Offroad), Spinister form Alpha Bravo (with Targetmasters), Needlenose from Firefly sculpt (with Targetmasters), and body component Bludgeon from Onslaught!

Transformers News: TFCC and TFSS 4.0 Thread - Mayhem Attack Squad, G.I. Joe, Armada

Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701073)
Posted by ScottyP on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:23pm CDT
That's pretty rad.

That now makes me wonder how long it will take to get a GI Joe version of Rad. Why do I type these things?
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701075)
Posted by Starsaber468 on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:27pm CDT
WTF I felt like they should of turned alpha bravo into spinister and IT CAME TRUE
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701077)
Posted by ScottyP on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:28pm CDT
Sub service really is the best place for a combiner. No five year wait to finish it this time!
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701079)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:33pm CDT

A. they already made a pretty good spinister out of DOTM Vortex
B. They're combining Bludgeons robot and shells in the worst way
C. Windsweeper really feels like padding.

The only two that make sense are ruckus because that's what the off-road mold was meant for, and Needlenose because him and firefly look similar. Though I think he'll be mostly blue in jet mode and not blue with a white body.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701087)
Posted by Mkall on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:40pm CDT
Individually, I'm looking forward to most of the Mayhems, but I don't need them to combine.

Still on the fence about Bludgeon though
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701090)
Posted by Starsaber468 on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:43pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701094)
Posted by Starsaber468 on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:50pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:wow, the combiner sounds like a mess. Lets have a combiner with a green, yellow, and burgundy torso, with blue, pink, purple and yellow limbs. Bludgeon Wind sweeper and Spinister feel like after thoughts to accommodate the combiner; especially considering that:

A. they already made a pretty good spinister out of DOTM Vortex
B. They're combining Bludgeons robot and shells in the worst way
C. Windsweeper really feels like padding.

THey did make a good spinister but its cost... :/ plus they felt it was needed the figures do look great i wish they would of made the free figure skywarp i just don't like ramjets color scheme the combiner os not why we are getting them hut in all honesty i just don't like the bludgeon hes gonna be the one thats going to be sold first :/
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701095)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:51pm CDT
Starsaber468 wrote:The figures all look good but... we already have an damn good bludgeon the rotf one we can't get rid of him hes too damn good... the rest are otherwise awesome! I still wish onslaught would of gotten a new mold and now you guys can tell...

Slightly off topic, in G1, onslaught kinda looked like Hotspot already with they're very boxy proportions, so i'm okay with it.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701096)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:52pm CDT
I just want that Ramjet, that's it. :x

And more Targetmasters? Let's add them to the list:

Needlenose: Sunbeam (purple) & Zigzag (yellow)
Spinister: Singe (black) & Hairsplitter (purple)
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701097)
Posted by Starsaber468 on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:54pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

Yeah he did but its a little more like defensor and less bruticus :/ Plus i can already hear third parties rushing to make an upgrade kit lol
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701098)
Posted by MemphisR56 on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:55pm CDT
CALLED IT.
I TOTALLY CALLED IT!

Mayhem attack squad combiner.

Fucking called it. :lol:
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701102)
Posted by Rated X on June 20th, 2015 @ 3:56pm CDT
I like them all except Bludgon and the dumb human figures. I suppose they are saving Quake for the following year from the Brawl mold. I already have the trio in custom figures though. So while I intend to buy these, its not a hurry for me. But I am very excited about Windsweeper and Rukus. Crankcase already has a cool 3rd party figure so that would be another trio complete. Dont really need Armada Skywarp or Ramjet.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701104)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 20th, 2015 @ 4:02pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701106)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 20th, 2015 @ 4:02pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701109)
Posted by Starsaber468 on June 20th, 2015 @ 4:04pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:Wow. I... really like this. I really can't find fault in any of these. Well done, TFCC. Well done.

Um... the bludgeon? Suprised they aren't using the brawl to make the inner robot...
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701111)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 20th, 2015 @ 4:08pm CDT
Starsaber468 wrote:

If by the tank you mean that new Brawl that was just revealed, that's a limb. I know that Bludgeon looks a little wonky, but in some strange way, it works.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701115)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 20th, 2015 @ 4:14pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:This just in...the part of every helicopter in transformers history will now be played by Alpha Bravo.

I hope they can shrink that mold down enough to do Tracer and Blazemaster, but I'm sure that's already in the works
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701116)
Posted by Starsaber468 on June 20th, 2015 @ 4:15pm CDT
MemphisR56 wrote:CALLED IT.
I TOTALLY CALLED IT!

Mayhem attack squad combiner.

**** called it. :lol:

Yeah a little obvious dude XD plus its not going to be that cool its one of those combiners where you would prefer to keep seperate
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701120)
Posted by Dagon on June 20th, 2015 @ 4:17pm CDT

It's sure starting to look like that, doesn't it? That and they're going to run those Targetmasters into the ground as well. I'm personally already bored with them, and I only have the two that came with Scoop.

Interesting idea for the Subscription service, and a good use of it too. I really like the Armada Seeker repaints.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Collectors' Club: TFSS 4.0, Armada Ramjet, Skywarp, GI Joe Arcee, Rodimus, Mayhem Maximus (1701129)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 20th, 2015 @ 4:29pm CDT
Well, count me in for another year of Club membership. I will happily take Ramjet, and maybe Skywarp if Thundercracker is down the pipe. I'd be more excited for Thundercracker, honestly; Armada Thundercracker was among my first Transformers as a kid, and he'd be the best nostalgic present ever.

Only Mahem Attack Squad members I like are Needlenose and Spinister (the latter due to MTMTE). I'm shocked they're busting Onslaught out so early, but... Bludgeon? What?

Couldn't care less about the GI Joe crossovers... Just not my thing. Cool to see it happen, though!

So with Mahem Maximus coming out, here's my question: 2017 = Nexus Prime or Wreckers a la Fall of Cybertron?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers 2005 Cybertron Ultimate 14" Starscream 100% Compl w/Instruct Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 57 minutes 3 seconds
TRANSFORMERS IDW Combiner Wars CW Superion Complete Set G1 New Sealed - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 59 minutes 43 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS SONS OF CYBERTRON OPTIMUS PRIME & HOT RODIMUS ROD FIGURE TOY - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 16 seconds
HASBRO 2017 TRANSFORMERS FIGURE MEGATRON Doomshot 4 mode figure-Titans Return - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 1 minute 12 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus NEW sealed - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 1 minute 23 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Leader Class - Sky Shadow & Ominus NIP VHTF - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 4 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons Starscream Complete Voyager HFTD Assault - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 13 minutes 18 seconds
TRANSFORMERS # 0 VF/NM RETAILER INCENTIVE 1:100 SHOCKWAVE VARIANT 2005 IDW   HTF - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 20 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent