BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy

BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy

Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 8:18am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 17,212

The Botcon 2015 Custom Class figure is Galva Convoy! Thanks to Buchanan Neket Via Instagram just posted a picture of wanted poster for Galva Convoy, tying this release back to their Axiom Nexus story line! Let us know Seibertronians, are you excited about this? Drop us your thoughts here, and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Transformers News: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Lio Convoy

Update:
Botcon just tweeted out a picture of Galva Convoy! Check out the image we've mirrored below.

Transformers News: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Lio Convoy

Credit(s): Buchanan Neket, Botcon

This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 9:08am CDT

Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699407)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on June 17th, 2015 @ 8:22am CDT
Another use of the Orion Pax mold,again..........
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699408)
Posted by Sir Soundwave42 on June 17th, 2015 @ 8:24am CDT
Was hoping to see Nova Prime repainted into Nemesis Prime.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699409)
Posted by ScottyP on June 17th, 2015 @ 8:25am CDT
Hehe, clever. Neat stuff.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699410)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 17th, 2015 @ 8:28am CDT
Well, that mystery's solved :lol:

And quite an homage there. For those not in the know, "Galva Lio Convoy", basically Lio Convoy in Galvatron colors, was a BWII Lucky Draw figure, as such really rare. Here's a gallery showcasing the figure:

Galva Lio Convoy courtesy of Transformers @ The Moon.

The reverse, Galvatron in Lio Convoy colors, has not happened to my knowledge.

And it looks like he's from Beast Wars: Uprising, like the regular Club Lio Convoy.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699411)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 17th, 2015 @ 8:33am CDT
With the BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure just revealed. Seibertron is hard at work giving everyone some in-hand images of Galva Convoy! Galva Convoy is a homage to the Beast Wars II - Lucky Draw Galva-Lio Convoy that was released in 1998, in which only 50 were ever made! Check out the pictures of this brand new custom class figure Seibertron brings to you from Botcon below!

Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699416)
Posted by Diem on June 17th, 2015 @ 8:48am CDT
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699420)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 17th, 2015 @ 8:58am CDT
Diem wrote:I can't believe this mediocre mold got used for three different TFCC/Botcon figures this year.

I wonder that will be a new trend. We had Pirate Hunter (Shokaract) out of Club Rampage last year and this year Galva Convoy out of Lio Convoy/Nova Prime (albeit more limited), not to mention SG Nightbeat in 2008.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699421)
Posted by ScottyP on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:01am CDT

Doesn't bother me with it having another use as a Custom Class figure.

Club does a custom class figure of something really desirable like G2 Sideswipe: "How dare they, I hate them!"

Club does a custom class figure of something really obscure or weird, like Primal Prime or this one: "That's stupid, what a waste of a figure!"
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699422)
Posted by prjkt on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:02am CDT
So that explains the third deco on Nova Prime's box art.

Not sure I like the in hand colours personally, those lavender parts just irk me a little.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699423)
Posted by It Is Him on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:05am CDT

That said, I like the colors on this.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699426)
Posted by ScottyP on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:10am CDT
It Is Him wrote:For those of you down on the mold, let's be honest. Pretty much all of Generations from the FOC Optimus Prime wave to to Arcee/Chromia was underwhelming. We're goin to be getting plenty of repaints from this line over the next few years, so maybe we should just resign ourselves to mediocrity.

:shock: There were certainly a couple stinkers in the line but that's pretty harsh. Even then, some molds I originally didn't like all that much (Bumblebee/Goldfire) have been massively improved by their repaints (Million Publishing Go-Shooter). I'm actually looking forward to more repaints of Armada Starscream. Sure, it was a little small, but it was really well done and pretty faithful to the source material all things considered.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699431)
Posted by Henry921 on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:11am CDT
ScottyP wrote:

Doesn't bother me with it having another use as a Custom Class figure.

Not a fair comparison. BotCon 2010 G2 Sideswipe wasn't made available, even unpainted, the way recent BotCon customizing class figures were. You couldn't spend an extra $75 to get him in 2010.

And the customizing class figures that have been available have been... Blastcharge Strika? Primal Prime? Maybe you wanted them, maybe you didn't, but certainly more obscure and less popular characters.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699433)
Posted by shajaki on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:16am CDT
Is the one pictured professionally assembled? He looks to have paint apps :shock:
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699434)
Posted by It Is Him on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:22am CDT
ScottyP wrote:

Don't get me wrong, there were deluxe toys in the line that I liked. Waspinator and Chromia were two that stood out for me last year, and before that Bruticus. I was one on the few that really liked Bruticus, evn with his flaws. But on the whole, I'm underwhelmed. None of them grabbed me in the way Combiner Wars does or the Generations/RTS line did before then. The toys were small, expensive, and transformations unsatisfying. The voyagers, though, that's a different story.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699441)
Posted by Diem on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:35am CDT

I'd have to disagree with that statement. The Megatron/Dreadwing mold was surprisingly good, the Waspinator, Rattrap, Skids, Armadascream, Arcee and Centuritron were all very satisfying, the Trailbreaker, Tankor and Scoop mold were all perfectly good updates of unambitious toys to start with, which is why they're nothing groundbreaking, and Sandstorm, Rhinox, Sky-Byte and Brainstorm are all magnificent. It just seems like the weakest molds (this one and the Bumblebee mold) are getting the most focus in repaints, which is bizarre.

ScottyP wrote:Actually, the internet reaction is funny, here and elsewhere (just remember I'm having fun with generalizations here ;) ).

I have nothing for or against the character use. I'm just not a big fan of Cybertronian TFs ("Hey, it turns from a robot into a ...thing") and this mold seemed mediocre even by those standards.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699442)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:37am CDT
I agree with ScottyP! I like the obscure, but not entirely needed, uses for the custom class mold the last two years. I'm interested enough, and if I was in the class, I would not feel ripped off. When the class was building SG this and that I felt a bit ripped off when I was there, without them being really inspired SG versions that had diaclone, or rare or obscure references.

Now the club / HASBRO has learned a little bit, and made at least some available to folks who could not get into the custom class. And they've also started making the plastic in colors that are different from the initial release, so the class is less on painting and stickering the same club exclusive figure (or other figure) differently to make a new character (SG). I have yet to experience the new type of class, but I'm sure it's rewarding as well.

Ultimately, the rule still applies-- you can't please everyone all the time--hopefully, HASBRO and the club are at least pleasing the folks who pay to be a part of the class experience. I feel that mostly the custom class has upped its game, and that being a part of it should feel as special as the initial classes (Energon Ravage, and Cyberton Rumble). Even the class that turned Classics Grimlock into Classics Overkill was awesome, until HTS and HASBRO Asia decided to release the same basic item a few years later.

By the by, I happen to like this mold. It's not horrible, but is a little small.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699443)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:47am CDT
Tigertrack wrote:

Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699444)
Posted by ScottyP on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:53am CDT
Henry921 wrote:Not a fair comparison.

Agreed, as stated, was just having some fun and generalizing :) Tigertrack-senpai actually put it best:

Tigertrack wrote:When I missed out on G2 Sideswipe, and Animated Minerva, I felt like those should have been more accessible versions, versions most collectors would REALLY want in their collections. I'm still waiting for HASBRO to release a more accessible version of each.

I very much agree with this at the end of the day.

mooncake623 wrote:I agree! I think this mold is actually pretty awesome. I just wish they would stop making Convoy or Prime figures out of it because it really is too small for them. How bout a Kup out of this!

I was really hoping for Thunderclash out of it. Of course, the club did him 6 years ago with Energon Rodimus, so maybe it got looked over due to that.
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699461)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 17th, 2015 @ 10:32am CDT
To me, this looks very, very nice!!
This is the kind of thing I think should come out of Botcon; Obscure characters, references or homages!
I like it!
Re: BotCon 2015 Custom Class figure Galva Convoy (1699467)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 17th, 2015 @ 10:55am CDT
Aha! So he's the clone of Lio Convoy instead of Nova Prime. Another one to add to the ever-growing Beast Wars: Uprising shelf! :D

Now it's back to wondering if Nova Prime might or might not be Shattered Glass Optimus Prime reformatted by the good Unicron. :-?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY