Monday, May 25th, 2015 4:50am CDT

Categories: Event News, People News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,373

The official BotCon website has been updated with two more guest announcements for the event, from the designing and artistic branches of the franchise: Takara Tomy/Hall of Fame designer Kojin Ono and Transformers Animated vision Derrick J Wyatt! Head here to find out more, and find a snippet below.

Also included are two videos showing the new registration system (opening this Tuesday!), which have been embedded below.

We are thrilled to welcome two design legends of Transformers brand history, Takara-Tomy designer and Hall of Fame honoree Kojin Ono and the Art Director for Transformers Animated, Derrick J Wyatt. Click the guests link along the left to read about our final two amazing guests!

Credit(s): BotCon

Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690740)
Posted by -Soundwave- on May 26th, 2015 @ 2:45pm CDT
It's a large load it seems.
Hello Everyone!

BotCon registration is now open until June 5, for attending and non-attending. Please use the registration link at BotCon.com.

See you in St. Charles!

Brian

As soon as it was up.....

We apologize!
We have temporarily turned off the 2015 BotCon Registration due to the load issue.
We are working with the service company to correct this problem.

Everyone is in the same situation, only a couple went through,
so it will basically it will be a re-start when turned back on.
We apologize for the issues,

It was down.
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690745)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 26th, 2015 @ 2:48pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690755)
Posted by -Soundwave- on May 26th, 2015 @ 3:10pm CDT

This is kinda what it looks like too. LOL
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690760)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 26th, 2015 @ 3:21pm CDT
Good!

More delays = more time for me to save up.
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690768)
Posted by -Soundwave- on May 26th, 2015 @ 3:39pm CDT
Well to add insult to injury, we just learned that Authorize.net has gone down as well.

This is not because of our system, just a system wide issue.

We will try as soon as they come back up.

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian

No idea how long that will take...
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690773)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 26th, 2015 @ 3:49pm CDT
Well those lucky like 5 tops who registered will be the few who attend at this rate XD. Oh Funpub.
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690774)
Posted by -Soundwave- on May 26th, 2015 @ 3:52pm CDT
We are watching AN's (credit card processor) status feed to see when they resolve their system wide outage. If they are not back online by 4:30 central time today. We will wait until tomorrow to start registration.

I'll advise when we have a status change.

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian

Someone mentioned on facebook that it took AN seven hours to fix the issue last time..

trying again

We are trying again. The credit card processor Authorize.net is back up.

It may take 5 minutes for the servers to spool back up to handle the load but I have made the time out for the registration 20 minutes so that should solve that potential issue.

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

And down again.

In fixing the scaling issue, the programmer broke the packages for the event so we have to try again tomorrow. We are very frustrated with the programming company too!

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690795)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 26th, 2015 @ 4:49pm CDT
We are trying again. The credit card processor Authorize.net is back up.

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690799)
Posted by -Soundwave- on May 26th, 2015 @ 4:56pm CDT
When the host extended the server capacity, somehow the package information in the application was lost

Seems it's down for today.
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690815)
Posted by Va'al on May 26th, 2015 @ 5:56pm CDT
It appears that the team over at BotCon have been trying to finally open their registration pages for the 2015 event in St Charles, Illinois on June 18th-21st - but have encountered an endless run of bad luck and technical issues.

We were directed here to register, both attendee and non-attendee packages and were told that the link will be active until June 5th. What follows below is a series of updates, ending with the confirmation that registration will be attempted tomorrow.

Hello Everyone!

See you in St. Charles!

We apologize!
We are working with the service company to correct this problem.

Everyone is in the same situation, only a couple went through,
so it will basically it will be a re-start when turned back on.
We apologize for the issues,

Brian

This is not because of our system, just a system wide issue.

We will try as soon as they come back up.

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian

I'll advise when we have a status change.

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian

We are trying again. The credit card processor Authorize.net is back up.

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian

We are trying again. The credit card processor Authorize.net is back up.

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian

In fixing the scaling (server load) issue, the programmer broke the packages for the event so we have to try again tomorrow. We are very frustrated with the programming company too!

I am sorry for any issues this has caused.

Brian

Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690914)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 26th, 2015 @ 10:46pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Feel free to let us know what you make of this series of unfortunate events in the Seibertron Energon Pub, and we will keep you updated as soon as some news makes itself known about registration!

What is there to say at this point?

I'm not being ugly about it, but there's no more shock, indignation, or disappointment for me to express.

This is what we have. This is what we have had. It doesn't change from year to year.

I've tried to contribute my voice to the whole ordeal, much like others have, to no effect.

So I just shrug. >:oP
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690917)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 26th, 2015 @ 10:50pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

What is there to say at this point?

So I just shrug. >:oP

This is the best pot i've seen for awhile, it feels like something the Nihilist Arby's twitter would post :lol:
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690926)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on May 26th, 2015 @ 11:05pm CDT
I'm surprised there's not more bitching... it's rather deserved
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690942)
Posted by Autobot_Crossfire on May 27th, 2015 @ 12:14am CDT
Poor Brian.
:HEADHURTS:
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690955)
Posted by morphobots on May 27th, 2015 @ 1:35am CDT
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:I'm surprised there's not more bitching... it's rather deserved

Except it's like Counterpunch said; it's par for the course, every single stinkin' time. We're used to it.
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690957)
Posted by Henry921 on May 27th, 2015 @ 1:37am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:This is the best pot i've seen for awhile

Well, don't just stand there, man. Roll one.
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1690997)
Posted by Rated X on May 27th, 2015 @ 5:40am CDT
I never got it and I still dont get it...

Why does only THEIR website have problems ? Maybe they should just contract the whole registration process to BBTS or someone with a website that never breaks...

F**k it, im not going anyways and dont even want the entire box set.
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1691039)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on May 27th, 2015 @ 8:41am CDT
morphobots wrote:

If anything that makes me more pissed off ya know. I can't believe they still have their license after a decade of this, when Glenn was canned after 2 Cons when he A.) had a full time job doing something else (so he was just a fan putting on a fan convention), B.) was a one man show (he was doing everything by himself verses FunPubs team), and C.) Hasbro took forever to approve Sentinal Maximus which is why it wan't at the show, and the plates weren't his fault either. FunPub in my eyes is a bigger trainwreck... if Glenn was given a few more years we would all be attending a MUCH better show than the ones we are now

That was wordier than I anticipated... guess I got on a roll!
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1691071)
Posted by Seibertron on May 27th, 2015 @ 9:44am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

What is there to say at this point?

So I just shrug. >:oP

Planned attendance at BotCon also puts a personal investment into this. People are who aren't attending aren't going to care as much. It's easier to just shrug when you aren't attending.

As a programmer who has developed and programmed hundreds of e-commerce/shopping cart, event module, and multimedia websites over the past 15 years, I can assure all of you that the 4 primary websites associated with Fun Publications (both Club websites and both event websites) are relatively easy to program. There is nothing overly complex going on with BotCon registration website. I'm sure other programmers out there would be happy to back this statement up.

Either the development company has fooled Fun Pub into thinking that this is complex, or Fun Pub believes it is complex (which is a fair statement to make for people who work outside of the world of programming) which the development company is flat-out taking advantage of.

If you're reading what I wrote and you're thinking, "No Ryan, it really is complex. You just don't understand how complex it is." then that is where the problem lies and there is no helping. However, I assure all of you and everyone at Fun Pub that this is not relatively complex.

Regardless, the "event registration" website for BotCon is ultimately just a customized shopping cart module with specialized rules. If "Item #1" is placed in the cart, the customer can also purchase Items #2, #3, #5, and #9 (for example). Item #11 can only be purchased if Items #2, #4, or #9 are placed in the cart. Setting up the rules is the only time-consuming part, but not from a programming stand point. The rules should all be easily managed from an admin tool that the client can control.

I'm offering to help them resolve these issues. I would be happy to provide consultation, point them in the right direction, and if no solution is available or affordable, then I might be willing to toss my hat into the ring to resolve their problems with their websites. I'm sure between my associates and other people in the Transformers and GI Joe fandoms that a solution can be found. They just need to reach out to the communities who are passionate about these brands and ask for help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength.

Albert Einstein said it best and, unfortunately, it really applies to these ongoing problems with Fun Pub's websites ...

Albert Einstein wrote:The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results
Re: BotCon 2015 Registration Videos and Guest Update - Kojin Ono and Derrick J Wyatt (1691077)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 27th, 2015 @ 9:53am CDT
Well, I don't know about any of us, but TFU.info is seemingly had enough with Fun Pub's shenanigans and is putting the hammer down.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3997501476

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Air Raid" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Barricade Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Moon Roadbuster + Backfire Spike Witwicky Mechtech NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Starscream - Voyager Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee #36421 & Megatron #30688 Set With 7 Kreons Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series ~ BUMBLEBEE MPM-7 ~ Takara-Tomy/Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Twinferno Action Figure" on EBAY