BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed

Wednesday, October 28th, 2015 10:50am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 43,263

TFCC's TF_JW has posted once again in the Energon Pub, revealing the art for the third member of the Tripredacus council, part of the BotCon 2016 'Dawn of the Predacus' box set - Sea Clamp! The figure reuses the Combiner Wars Silverbolt mold with a new headsculpt, and will be full revealed tomorrow, so keep your optics tuned for more.

All three lamps are lit... Sea Clamp's teaser art has now been revealed!

Transformers News: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed

Credit(s): TFCC

Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737425)
Posted by TF_JW on October 28th, 2015 @ 11:32am CDT
And here's a fun little comic that puts all of the teasers together:

tripredacus_council_prev_comic.jpg
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737428)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 28th, 2015 @ 11:40am CDT
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737429)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 28th, 2015 @ 11:42am CDT
No visible wings... :-?

It could turn out to be either Silverbolt or Scattershot (but not Cyclonus, his chest is different).
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737433)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 28th, 2015 @ 11:50am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:No visible wings... :-?

which would look better for the character though? :BOT:
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737434)
Posted by Bed Bugs on October 28th, 2015 @ 12:02pm CDT
What if it's the Scattorshot remold....but facing backwards? :-?

Wings would look like claws and the cannon would look like the tail of the lobster version.
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737435)
Posted by Lucky Logician on October 28th, 2015 @ 12:02pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:No visible wings... :-?

which would look better for the character though? :BOT:

Which version of this mold would look better? Isn't it obvious?

Neither.

Why make this guy a jet at all? None of the other non-flying characters have been turned into a flyer. I still think the Hot Spot mold is the best choice. It has an unofficial crawfish mode.
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737437)
Posted by Bed Bugs on October 28th, 2015 @ 12:10pm CDT
Fun Pub turned Depthcharge and Rampage both into jets. It was pretty much a given Sea Clamp would be a jet.
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737443)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 28th, 2015 @ 12:17pm CDT
For what its worth, though Sea Clamp had the largest toy, he was the smallest in the show (Cicadacon was the biggest, despite his toy being just barely the smallest).

Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737451)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 28th, 2015 @ 12:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:No visible wings... :-?

So, what are we looking at then? A wingless silverbolt figure? I would assume then that they might do something special in lieu of wings then...
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737454)
Posted by Flashwave on October 28th, 2015 @ 12:57pm CDT
Argh! This set is messing with my head. I think I like all of these figures indvidually. Were these at a retail I'd snap them up PDQ. Having passed on TF3, I like Tarantulas, Ravage is cool if his head isn't soo organic looking he ends up ruining the angular asthetic of the mold, and I like the Ramhorn remold. But I have no connection to these characters, and as much as I really want combiner fodder for the cons, a Council doesn't fit the worldview of my collection, so as a gestalt and a collection, it lacks interests.

Then again, Botcon is close to me. Do I go? If so, I can't not get the figures, but I don't know that I want to go alone. It's been years since I've been, I hate to just muscle in on the Seibertron crowd who roams together, and have no one to go with. And I'm sure I'm gonna want whatever exclusive figures are there. And if I don't go, I;m gonna kick myself and hate passing on the set down the road, but I don't forsee this being a star piece in my collection...
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737457)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 28th, 2015 @ 1:03pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:No visible wings... :-?

It has to have wings. We just can't see them in this artwork. All I'm saying is that, because we can't see the wings, the mold could be one version or the other.
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737459)
Posted by Starsaber468 on October 28th, 2015 @ 1:11pm CDT
If this was Cicadacon i would say it works perfectly but its not.... Suprised they didn't go with the cw hotspot mold for Sea Clamp because you could pull off an fan mode with that which it resembled a lobster...
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737460)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 28th, 2015 @ 1:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:No visible wings... :-?

Hmm, that's unfortunate, was wondering if they might do some claw/lobster leg shaped engines or something else.
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737461)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on October 28th, 2015 @ 1:14pm CDT
Yay, another use of that torso mold. >:oP
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737463)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 28th, 2015 @ 1:19pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Yay, another use of that torso mold. >:oP
Well, it is the best one.

And besides, what torso mold that Fun Pub can use hasn't been (or won't be) used over and over? (Sky Lynx is too far away to use).
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737464)
Posted by ScottyP on October 28th, 2015 @ 1:22pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Yay, another use of that torso mold. >:oP
Which were you hoping for? There aren't exactly a lot out there to choose from. I'd have preferred Sky Lynx (in my head, still withholding any ultimate judgement until we see how it all turns out) but it's possible Hasbro shut that idea down with this convention being relatively close to the retail release of it.
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737465)
Posted by Easy Tiger on October 28th, 2015 @ 1:25pm CDT
Silverbolt seemed a weird mold choice at first, but...

If you turn him around in jet mode and stick guns in his hands, you've got the beginnings of a vaguely lobster/crawfish silhouette.

I wonder, given what they've done with Ram Horn, if this is the angle they'll take. If so, then :APPLAUSE:
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737466)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 28th, 2015 @ 1:27pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Yay, another use of that torso mold. >:oP

True, while there is the mm/op mold, the less that gets used, the better >:oP
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737479)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 28th, 2015 @ 2:15pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Yay, another use of that torso mold. >:oP

Is there even a good answer? I'm not sure why this theme was agreed upon if molds weren't available to work with the characters they had planned. I honestly wish the whole theme plan would die. Just put 5 or 6 figures in a box that fit with what you have to work with. If the updates to characters we all love look nice enough, they won't need to be related/connected thematically to sell.
Re: BotCon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus - Sea Clamp Art Revealed (1737483)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 28th, 2015 @ 2:25pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Yay, another use of that torso mold. >:oP

True, while there is the mm/op mold, the less that gets used, the better >:oP

It really was the one mold that could be used, with Lynx being too new, Thunder Mayhem being the hot spot/onslaught, mm/op sucks so this is left. :BOT:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Cny Year Of The Horse Starscream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot incomplete Hasbro missing weapons Hot Shot Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "KREO KREON FIGURE OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS MOVIE AOE GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime 12" Target Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum edition Year of The Horse Starscream" on EBAY