BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend

BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend

Friday, April 1st, 2016 12:49pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 34,167

Seibertron.com friend and regular artist on IDW's The Transformers ongoing series Andrew Griffith has dropped by with some late-breaking news - he will be attending BotCon 2016 after all! However, as he will not technically be a guest, he will be in the Grand Ballroom area of the event. Find out more here and below, and check out some of the art coming along with him!

Hey everyone,

As you may have seen me announce yesterday, I had to unfortunately cancel on Emerald City Comic Con. I just wasn’t able to confirm in time, despite them generously giving me extra time to do so.

However, since then I have been able to make another show work that is closer and goes for less days, and is therefore easier for me to do.

Yes, I will have a table at Botcon in Louisville, kentucky!

There were no Artist Alley tables available when I signed up, but they were able to set me up with an exhibitor booth.

Please note: I'll be in the Grand Ballroom area, not in Artist Alley

I’ll also, have a new print of Drift in his MTMTE season 1 and 2 design!

I don’t think I’ll have much time to do sketches before coming to Kentucky, but I’ll take a limited amount of sketches ahead of time. If nothing else, they’ll be the first on my list at the show. I’ll be doing as many as I can take during the show.

If you’re interested in a sketch, email me at glovestudios@gmail.com. I’m going to try to limit myself to 5.

My prices are below.

9”x12”
Head sketch $30
Bust $50

11”x14”
Bust $70
Full Body $120

For color, add $25

This will actually be only the second time I’ve tabled at a Botcon, so I’m anxious to see how it will be. Please come by and say hello!

And it will be my very first time in Kentucky, so I’m looking forward to experiencing that Southern hospitality I’ve heard so much about!

Transformers News: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend

Credit(s): Andrew Griffith

This article was last modified on Friday, April 1st, 2016 1:17pm CDT

Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777000)
Posted by Amelie on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:05pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote: Image

Thanks to this picture - I can't get the thought out of my head that Hot Rod is now Deadpool.
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777005)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
I love all of these so much :MAXIMAL:
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777012)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:38pm CDT
Amelie wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote: Image

hotrod is now deadpool?? #-o ....whaaaa?

was there another breakfast club parody that I missed?
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777013)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:42pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:

Oh, and this would be my prize to buy if I were going. So much yes :MAXIMAL:
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777014)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:54pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Amelie wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote: Image

hotrod is now deadpool?? #-o ....whaaaa?

was there another breakfast club parody that I missed?

Must be talking about a DP poster.

Also, by reference logic Rodimus should be sitting in the back for that group shot.
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777019)
Posted by Va'al on April 1st, 2016 @ 2:33pm CDT
The print predates the BotCon announcement, but yes, Whirl is Judd Nelson according to the original poster:

As for the Deadpool image Amelie is talking about, I think she means this one:

Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777027)
Posted by Amelie on April 1st, 2016 @ 2:58pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:As for the Deadpool image Amelie is talking about, I think she means this one:

Thats the one. Its all I can see. I think its the red.
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777030)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 1st, 2016 @ 3:13pm CDT
Well this got interesting and i love it. Didn't even get the breakfast club reference but hey! now I do :MAXIMAL:
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777058)
Posted by DeathReviews on April 1st, 2016 @ 5:03pm CDT
Elita's..... diode looks quite organic anyway.
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777085)
Posted by bdixonarts on April 1st, 2016 @ 8:30pm CDT
I'm excited to be bringing all our Rainmaker prints. I will also be bringing some custom made transformer jewery. Both for the male and female fans, plus plenty of other goodies :)
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777111)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 2nd, 2016 @ 1:10am CDT

:MAXIMAL:
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777117)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 2nd, 2016 @ 1:50am CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:Cyclonus X Tailgate one is awesome, does that actually happen in the comic? :APPLAUSE:

:MAXIMAL:

That is straight from issue 47 of MTMTE. Great read. :MAXIMAL:
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777387)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on April 2nd, 2016 @ 6:29pm CDT
Optimus for President? Not until he provides documentation proving he was built in America.
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777705)
Posted by Psychography on April 3rd, 2016 @ 5:48pm CDT
Has anyone gotten a letter about times for package pickup?
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777712)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2016 @ 6:13pm CDT
Psychography wrote:Has anyone gotten a letter about times for package pickup?
I got mine. I'm in the 7pm group.
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777715)
Posted by Psychography on April 3rd, 2016 @ 6:16pm CDT
How long ago did you get it? I haven't gotten mine yet.
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777724)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2016 @ 6:32pm CDT
Psychography wrote:How long ago did you get it?
10 days ago.

Psychography wrote:I haven't gotten mine yet.
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777768)
Posted by Railbomb on April 3rd, 2016 @ 9:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Psychography wrote:Has anyone gotten a letter about times for package pickup?
I got mine. I'm in the 7pm group.

7 PM club! woot! woot! I've had a change in plans and am now going down Thursday night as soon as I get out of class. I've not payed to much attention to the price of all the souvenirs together before but is it normal for the sum of their prices to be $295? I thought it would be more than that.
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777798)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2016 @ 10:48pm CDT
Railbomb wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Psychography wrote:Has anyone gotten a letter about times for package pickup?
I got mine. I'm in the 7pm group.

This year they're selling the souvenirs as individual figures, instead of as multi-packs, to keep the costs down (save for the troop builder, which is a 3-pack of a CW Legends mold).
Re: BotCon 2016 Update: Transformers Artist Andrew Griffith to Attend (1777804)
Posted by Psychography on April 3rd, 2016 @ 10:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Best send the Club an email or phone call about that tomorrow during business hours.

Thanks! Turns out the letter is under the "My Account" section of Botcon.com. I've got the 6pm slot!

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Autobot Sqweeks Voice Changer Mask 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Firedrive" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Bundle: SOUNDWAVE with DOOMBOX, Cyberverse JETFIRE & PROWL" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Autobot Ark w/ Roller Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse DOTM Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise PRIME ARCEE Deluxe Class Used" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Class Airachnid used MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY