#BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork

Thursday, April 7th, 2016 10:11PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 30,038

As an addition to the gallery we posted earlier from BotCon 2016 in Louisville, Kentucky, featuring the exclusive event souvenirs from the Dawn of the Predacus theme - Megatron, Unit-3, Tigatron, Airazor, Reflector - so why not complement it with their official bios and artwork? Check them out below as they're added to the main gallery over here.

Transformers News: #BotCon16 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779072)
Posted by Scramjet on April 7th, 2016 @ 10:12pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Tangent: Why so many stickers?!

Oh wait. G1 had stickers. Redacted without redaction!!

Back on topic: BotCon exclusives! Yay!
You have to pay for the stickers though, they dont come with the figure. And do we know if its only eye stickers this megatron gets or are there others?
What if there's little stickers on the existing sheet for the Magnaboss that has Megatron's eyes?! :BOOM:
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779073)
Posted by Va'al on April 7th, 2016 @ 10:13pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Tangent: Why so many stickers?!

Oh wait. G1 had stickers. Redacted without redaction!!

Back on topic: BotCon exclusives! Yay!

The sticker sheet with the eyes is the same one as Magnaboss, $5.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779074)
Posted by Scramjet on April 7th, 2016 @ 10:16pm CDT
Dang it. Now I want Megatron too. To go with Reflector. But not cause they go together.

I have my reasons...yeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!

Ahhhhhh farts.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779075)
Posted by Scramjet on April 7th, 2016 @ 10:18pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Tangent: Why so many stickers?!

Oh wait. G1 had stickers. Redacted without redaction!!

Back on topic: BotCon exclusives! Yay!
The sticker sheet with the eyes is the same one as Magnaboss, $5.
I NINJA'D Dr. Va'al!! With a guess!!

Congrats on the doctorate BTW ;)^
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779083)
Posted by william-james88 on April 7th, 2016 @ 10:52pm CDT

Also I hope I do not sound too immature but paying for that sticker sheet if you want some eyes is pretty lame.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779088)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 7th, 2016 @ 11:24pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:And Noideaforaname, do you find the Megatron headsculpt bad too? You arent the only one who does but I find it interesting how thats the only one people are having different opinions on.

I... think I assumed that was an existing head. :lol: So obviously that one's actually decent. The others are all kinda doughy and mis-sized.

That flat cat head is something unholy. I literally flinched in horror at the sight of it.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779089)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 7th, 2016 @ 11:30pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Dear doctor vaal, can you tell us what you see as a faction symbol in Megatron's spark crystal? If it's not the predacon symbol, maybe Ryan should take a pic and post it. We are getting conflicting reports online.

I don't think it's immature. I mean, (a) this has been a highly anticipated figure since it was teased, and certainly a figure that most if not all the fandom has wanted since it's concept was revealed after 3H lost the license. So this should've been all out, balls-to-the-walls beautiful. (b) With this being FunPub's last BotCon, you'd think they'd want to end with a bang, and this is a missed opportunity IMO. (c) If you're already paying $90 for the figure, surely the cost to make the new head and paint-job is recuperated after only one or two sales, enough to justify INLUDING THE DETAILS ESSENTIAL TO A FIGURE HAVING EYEBALLS!!!

Dick move, FunPub. Dick move.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779090)
Posted by Psychography on April 7th, 2016 @ 11:38pm CDT
Some thoughts about this year so far:

I really like the Predacus combiner as a whole. the Tripredacus council figures are great, Tarantulas and TM3 Megatron are awesome, I'm really glad to have Ratchet, and the Slipstream mold fits Airrazor better than the Slugslinger mold.

The Reflectors are decent, but nowhere in the same league as TM3 Megatron.

TM3 Megatron, though... Why the Dinobot spark crystal? Why the lack of painted eyes? Granted, I can fix both of them, but for an $89 figure, I don't think I should have to.

Terrorsaur's great, but why didn't they give him a Hand/Foot/Gun?

Why the living hell didn't FunPub test the credit card machines until four hours into the start of the show? In 2016, and with a ROOM full of dealers who can use credit cards, there's no reason to accept that.

Also, what was up with the comic? It seemed a bit hackneyed.

Definitely some mixed feelings so far. I hope the show gets better as the weekend goes on. I'd hate for the last Funpub Botcon to go out with a fizzle.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779091)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 7th, 2016 @ 11:41pm CDT
Trouble with the POS systems again? Will these people never learn?
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779093)
Posted by Bronzewolf on April 8th, 2016 @ 12:00am CDT
What's the duck's alt. mode? Any bio on him yet?

I kid, I kid
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779099)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 8th, 2016 @ 1:35am CDT
Gearslide wrote:Wow, that Magnaboss does NOT look great. The face Stickers completely ruin it. Too bad they couldn't snag the head mold for Takara's Computron to give out as a bonus at Botcon or something. Hell, the pre-existing colors for UW Computron already work for Magnaboss (Gold face, Blue eyes, Brown/Magenta helmet).

But here's the real question:

Do stickers and two new limbs a new official combiner make? Can I expect a Seibertron Gallery of this Magnaboss and his goofy face?

He has fiction backing him (the club comic) and he has precedent (BW Magnaboss), and since BW Magnaboss was declared to be made of the G1 Silverbolt, Ironhide, and Prowl, then yes, I think this can be considered official. It doesn't have to be in the same universe as Combiner Wars but it's a thing.

Psychography wrote:On the other hand, I really don't care for Ravage's head. I also hate that Tigatron a) has a tiger head in his pre-beast form, b) his 2006 figure was better, and c) does he even need a pre-beast form at all?

I know the show originally intended for all the Beast Warriors born from protoforms (except Rampage) to have been born on Earth, but a lot of us think it makes more sense for them to have been Cybertronians converted to protoforms as a form of hypersleep during their transportation, and I believe some official fiction has adopted this idea. So that's somewhat of a justification for a pre-beast Tigatron. Granted the figure doesn't look very good.

Agreed.

Oh dear. What's going on?
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779123)
Posted by Insurgent on April 8th, 2016 @ 4:58am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Insurgent wrote:I see. Thanks for the info. Bit.... random a choice but hey ho. I still want that Airrazor. More than that Megatron.

Wait a sec, there is an homage to Red Dragon Beast Wars Megatron and it's not your most wanted item? Wouldnt this be the ultimate toy for you?

It's a beautiful lookign figure, and I do want it, but my ultimate figure was and always will be the X-9 Ravage figure, whom I got from AA 2 years ago. From this set, my most wanted item is the Tripredacus Council. I literally exploded with joy when they were revealled. Show 'accurate' figures of those three are the one item I thought I would never get.

I get more excited over characters that were actually in the show over homages. Hence, I do want Airrazor and Megs, but I have their original toys, so the excitement is a little lower.

Also, I want to point out a major flaw in the bios of the council. It states they were all active during G1. This is wrong (unless you go for alternate universe in which case, all bets are off) as Ram Horn states that the Autobots defeated their Decepticon ancestors. That wouldn't make sense unless the council members were sparked AFTER the Great War ended. :PREDACON: :MAXIMAL:

And yeah, Unit 3 does look nice. Very nice.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779124)
Posted by beloth on April 8th, 2016 @ 5:37am CDT
Insurgent wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

And yeah, Unit 3 does look nice. Very nice.

That easily could have just been a usage of speech....several decepticons and autobots carried over to the new factions ....predacons and maximals....

So it is just as believable that the council were decepticons or autobots that were active in the great war....

(the bio cards tease that council members could have been autobot or decepticons)

:KREMZEEK:
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779127)
Posted by Insurgent on April 8th, 2016 @ 5:50am CDT
It's the usage of the phrase 'Our Decepticon Ancestors'. If they were there, why not 'Our Decepticon Brothers'. If it was phrased as "Ever since the Autobots defeated the Decepticons, we have been working towards the day when we shall rise up". That implies anything. But he implicitly states "The Autobots defeated our Decepticon ancestors."

So we know the Tripredacus council, and Tarantulas, came from Decepticons not on the Ark, and were defeated by the Autobots at the end of the Great War. So, Shockwave, any of the new guys from season 3/4, Jihaxus and his crew, someone on Cybertron we haven't seen.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779132)
Posted by Psychography on April 8th, 2016 @ 6:25am CDT
That Bot wrote:

Oh dear. What's going on?

The Club store didn't accept credit cards AT ALL until around 8:30 due to a litany of reasons ranging from "Our equipment is 2G and this network is 3G" to "The walls are too thick to get a signal" to "Trust me, it works in Texas!" Finally, they decided it might be possible to manually input card numbers on an iPad, and they warned, "It'll be slow! It might be faster for you all to run down to the ATM and get cash!"

So, after standing in line for a few hours, I was finally allowed to pay for my stuff with technology available to local art fairs...

Brian said that they MIGHT have card readers up and running by Saturday afternoon, but that cash is better.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779135)
Posted by beloth on April 8th, 2016 @ 7:34am CDT
Psychography wrote:
That Bot wrote:

Oh dear. What's going on?

It probably is better then that the FP clown dept is not doing conventions after this year....seriously, what company is not prepared to have payment methods available to the people attending their convention?

It's as absurd as going to a Taco bell and being told " sorry we are out of taco shells!"

(yes this has happened to me)

anyway. I sincerely hope that Hasbro or it's chosen partner going forward does a much nicer job @ hosting and throwing transformer conventions.

I will miss the exclusives some but not enough not to cheer those FP idiots getting what they have deserved for quite a while now....the boot to the ass.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779137)
Posted by Microraptor on April 8th, 2016 @ 7:39am CDT
Rubber Ducky, you're the one...
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779139)
Posted by jogunwarrior on April 8th, 2016 @ 7:50am CDT
Tarantulus looks pretty good, but that Terrorsaur is easily my favorite of this entire group. He looks awesome! the rest don't appeal to me.
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779140)
Posted by ultraprime0914 on April 8th, 2016 @ 7:54am CDT
I WANT THEM ALL!!!!
Re: #BotCon2016 Exclusive Souvenir Bios and Artwork (1779144)
Posted by RevTibe on April 8th, 2016 @ 8:03am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:(c) If you're already paying $90 for the figure, surely the cost to make the new head and paint-job is recuperated after only one or two sales,
Can't comment on the other flaws (eyeballs thing is plain weird), but tooling a mold for mass-producing new components typically costs thousands.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock Figure a6153 10"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Age of Extinction GRIMLOCK Complete Target Platinum Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Play Doh (1) Mr.Potato Head Set (2)Transformers Optimus Prime Set" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction Construct-Bots Dinobot Rider Bumblebee,OPTIMUS 4p" on EBAY
Buy "Target Optimus Prime Transforming Gift Card Transformers Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Real Gear Booster X10 Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Power Surge Sideswipe & Mini-con Windstrike" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON AGE OF EXTINCTION FIGURE SPINNING GRINDER AOE 2013" on EBAY