Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed

Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 2:26pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 28,884

Here it is the exciting, breathtaking, fist-pumpin'...

Just take a look at the Animated-style art for the box below, courtesy of the official Botcon website.

And unfortunately, you will have to attend the event now, or buy the set off eBay to get one of your own, but for those that have ordered, here's a look at what you will be getting. The containment unit for your group of Stunticons!

Credit(s): Botcon.com

Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199318)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on March 24th, 2011 @ 2:45pm CDT
Hmmmm.... Rather uninspired.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199330)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 24th, 2011 @ 3:01pm CDT
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Hmmmm.... Rather uninspired.

I agree, but I have to wonder if it homages another racing type piece of media. That's usually how Wyatt rolls.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199347)
Posted by Diem on March 24th, 2011 @ 3:29pm CDT
"The" Motormaster? Don't like that.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199364)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:09pm CDT
Man, not alot going on there. I do like the 'Cepticon/ Crash test dummy logo! I am so heartbroken! :sad: I was hoping to pick a non-attendee package after this weekend.... Anyone want to sell a loose set? :D
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199365)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:10pm CDT
That's pretty ugly, I have to say.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199438)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on March 24th, 2011 @ 6:26pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Hmmmm.... Rather uninspired.

Oh, it certainly does look like a retro/classic racing logo but a racing or battle scene would have been a much better looking display box. I just prefer the images on Descent Into Evil, Dawn of Future's Past, Games of Deception and Shattered Glass. Even so, I like this box better than the Wings of Honor box.

I do, however, really like the T-Shirt for this year.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199537)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on March 24th, 2011 @ 9:03pm CDT
Liking the box art, itll look great on my shelf. And its in a rather sexy purple, which is the coolest color for Transformers anything.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199624)
Posted by Seibertron on March 25th, 2011 @ 1:47am CDT

I'm actually really looking forward to this year's comic book. I think it might really help me fall for these Stunticons. Hopefully they've gone something really awesome and entertaining planned for the book. That might make or break this set for me.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199629)
Posted by robofreak on March 25th, 2011 @ 2:04am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm indifferent on this. The artwork that has been revealed from the comic is definitely more interesting to me than this boxset. I guess I was hoping for something exciting that showed off their personalities or part of their story or something. Would love to know if this homages something because I think that might make it more appealing to me than it is right now. Better than the '09 set for sure!

Maybe I'm biased because it was my first botcon, but Wings of Honor was an amazing set. What's wrong with it to you?

I actually like the box quite a bit for this set. It kind of reminds me of my dad's drag racing stories.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199774)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 25th, 2011 @ 11:32am CDT
I really am disappointed about the Stunticon set, I am hoping that the other exclusive will be way better. Maybe it’s a new figure that separates into combiner kibble!
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199786)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on March 25th, 2011 @ 11:48am CDT

Here's what I'm referencing, btb:

Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1199839)
Posted by Diem on March 25th, 2011 @ 1:04pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:I was hoping it might be an homage to The Italian Job movie poster(the original with Michael Caine, not the crappy remake) due to the name, but no dice.

Here's what I'm referencing, btb:

They really need to release Classics Bumblebee/Alternity Bumble in red, blue and white with Union Jacks on the roof. I would pay handsomely for that.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1200075)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on March 25th, 2011 @ 9:47pm CDT

I was thinking the exact same thing when I replied earlier. Did a search and came up with the same image you did.
Re: Boxart For Botcon 2011 Exclusive Set Revealed (1200136)
Posted by Seibertron on March 26th, 2011 @ 1:42am CDT
robofreak wrote:

I was referring to the box for the 09 set that just had the Elite Guard logo. It was kind of "blah" after some of the amazing artwork that BotCon had done from 2005 to 2008.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Air Raid" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Barricade Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Moon Roadbuster + Backfire Spike Witwicky Mechtech NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Starscream - Voyager Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee #36421 & Megatron #30688 Set With 7 Kreons Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series ~ BUMBLEBEE MPM-7 ~ Takara-Tomy/Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Twinferno Action Figure" on EBAY