Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints

Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints

Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 10:48am CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 33,069

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com member Razorclaw0000 has alerted us towards something very cool at DeviantArt. Artist Dan Khana has posted 3 very interesting pieces of of Energon Optimus Prime and Megatron. This artwork was meant to be the boxart for two Target exclusive repaints from the Transformers Energon line which eventually got cancelled. It was said that the Megatron was going to come with WST Soundwave while the Optimus Prime would have come with WST Optimus Prime, but we cannot confirm this.
You can see the images by clicking the names:
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime Supermode
Megatron

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Razorclow0000, Dan Khana


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020583)
Posted by Editor on November 18th, 2009 @ 11:09am CST
The Prime I don't see as a big loss, but that Megs is sweet.
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020593)
Posted by Overcracker on November 18th, 2009 @ 11:30am CST
Pitty. That Black and Red Prime looked really cool.
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020618)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 18th, 2009 @ 12:35pm CST
I think out of all the cancelled figures we've seen protos for, these are the ones I wanted the most, especially Megatron. Second are the Wave 5 Target Movie Basics from '07.
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020651)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on November 18th, 2009 @ 2:19pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I think out of all the cancelled figures we've seen protos for, these are the ones I wanted the most, especially Megatron. Second are the Wave 5 Target Movie Basics from '07.


I own those, keepin them mint in package of coarse, does seibertron have a gallery for elusive and cancelled figures? I could snap some action shots of them... in packaging
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020657)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 18th, 2009 @ 2:23pm CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I think out of all the cancelled figures we've seen protos for, these are the ones I wanted the most, especially Megatron. Second are the Wave 5 Target Movie Basics from '07.


I own those, keepin them mint in package of coarse, does seibertron have a gallery for elusive and cancelled figures? I could snap some action shots of them... in packaging


The Wave 5 stuff you mean? Reverb, Gunbarrel, and Backtrack?

I'm pretty jealous!

I'd love to see some pics.
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020684)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on November 18th, 2009 @ 3:37pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I think out of all the cancelled figures we've seen protos for, these are the ones I wanted the most, especially Megatron. Second are the Wave 5 Target Movie Basics from '07.


I own those, keepin them mint in package of coarse, does seibertron have a gallery for elusive and cancelled figures? I could snap some action shots of them... in packaging


The Wave 5 stuff you mean? Reverb, Gunbarrel, and Backtrack?

I'm pretty jealous!

I'd love to see some pics.


I'll make it happen, the thing i found most interesting about them is that the card they are sealed to is pre-allspark power, placing them as a possible middle wave.
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020686)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 18th, 2009 @ 3:42pm CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I think out of all the cancelled figures we've seen protos for, these are the ones I wanted the most, especially Megatron. Second are the Wave 5 Target Movie Basics from '07.


I own those, keepin them mint in package of coarse, does seibertron have a gallery for elusive and cancelled figures? I could snap some action shots of them... in packaging


The Wave 5 stuff you mean? Reverb, Gunbarrel, and Backtrack?

I'm pretty jealous!

I'd love to see some pics.


I'll make it happen, the thing i found most interesting about them is that the card they are sealed to is pre-allspark power, placing them as a possible middle wave.


Which is funny, given all three figures are dripping AllSpark blue!

How much did they run you, if you don't mind?
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020727)
Posted by Hard Hacker on November 18th, 2009 @ 5:54pm CST
The Megatron redeco is pretty cool. Shame I could only really afford to get Scouts and Deluxes at the time... I would have really wanted that.
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020748)
Posted by Blurrz on November 18th, 2009 @ 8:04pm CST
That Megatron would have been totally badass. That's a shame.
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020780)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on November 18th, 2009 @ 9:47pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I think out of all the cancelled figures we've seen protos for, these are the ones I wanted the most, especially Megatron. Second are the Wave 5 Target Movie Basics from '07.


I own those, keepin them mint in package of coarse, does seibertron have a gallery for elusive and cancelled figures? I could snap some action shots of them... in packaging


The Wave 5 stuff you mean? Reverb, Gunbarrel, and Backtrack?

I'm pretty jealous!

I'd love to see some pics.


I'll make it happen, the thing i found most interesting about them is that the card they are sealed to is pre-allspark power, placing them as a possible middle wave.


Which is funny, given all three figures are dripping AllSpark blue!

How much did they run you, if you don't mind?


a lot. More than I care to admit, I had just had a large some of money dropped upon me and assumed that they were just like any other unreleased-as-of-auction-date and wanted them at any cost (to be first to own) similar to bludgeon. Much to my surprise, they never made it to an actual production run, their retail value is approximately 5.99 each, their actual value is unknown to me.
Re: Boxart for Cancelled Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime Repaints (1020990)
Posted by Prime Evil on November 19th, 2009 @ 12:52pm CST
I would've LOVED that megs repaint. I'm actually hoping that Hasbro may still repaint him in that color scheme eventually and make him Thunderwing, with a new head mold of course. *crosses fingers*

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "883975148751 KIDROBOT COBRE COMMANDER TRANSFORMERS VS. GI JOE COLLECTIBLE VINYL" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron Earthrise Paradron Medic Lifeline - No Gun" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO Transformers Mini-Con  Slipstream." on EBAY
Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Pin Set GAMESTOP Exclusive plus decal" on EBAY
Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Keychain GAMESTOP Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Kingdom Lot Of 10 New Hoist Trailbreaker Inferno Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Trailcutter / Trailbreaker MOSC" on EBAY