BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency

BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency

Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 6:51am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 32,821

Site sponsor TFSource has let us know that they have preorders up for the two newest 3rd party cassettes, BTS-05 Nightfang and Savage. While the pictures show what looks to be final product, TFSource has informed us that Nightfang and savage can combine with the 1st wave cassettes Tremor and Frequency. Pictures of the combination wont be available for a few days but stay here at Seibertron.com and we will bring them to you when available.

Credit(s): Tfsource

Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352860)
Posted by megatronus on February 28th, 2012 @ 7:16am CST
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352864)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 28th, 2012 @ 7:53am CST
megatronus wrote:I was never crazy about Sonicron or the corresponding versions of Rumble & Frenzy, but these guys might be a game changer for me.

Me too. Ravage's tail seems odd, but I guess it's a compromise for jointing. I really like how his mouth is more naturally open.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352881)
Posted by MGrotusque on February 28th, 2012 @ 8:34am CST
Savage leaves something to be desired. I'm not really into it.

Nightfang on the other hand is great. The head sculpt is spectacular. I really like the cassette mode too. My only gripe is i would have liked his feet to split apart but no biggie.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352888)
Posted by Rated X on February 28th, 2012 @ 8:51am CST
PASS

Why does everything "Neo" have to fit into a G1 Soundwave ??? I dont mix my classics and G1 figures displays (except Sky-Lynx) I like what perfect effect did better, and hope they do a repaint set of Enemy and Wing Thing.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352892)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 28th, 2012 @ 8:55am CST
I love both of these. I have a growing cassette collection and will gladly add these two to it.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352912)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 28th, 2012 @ 9:21am CST
I confess nothing BTS have done has ever struck a chord with me, but Nightfang is certainly plucking my strings. I don't like Perfect Effect's Kingbat but I do like what PE have done with the "Cassette" Transformers, and unfortunately this just won't fit in. Coupled with the fact I'd have to pay for what I think is the worst Ravage ever means I'll be skipping this offering too.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352917)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 28th, 2012 @ 9:30am CST
Rated X wrote:PASS

To some, the red version is Enemy. Wing Thing would be sweet, and they've never actually done Ravage. I know they're foraging new ground with Arcee, but I really hope a return to the minions is down the road.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352935)
Posted by Mkall on February 28th, 2012 @ 10:08am CST
I'm not liking that Ravage, but that Ratbat is loads better than PE's Kingbat
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352936)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 28th, 2012 @ 10:09am CST
Yep, I'll be adding these two guys to my BBTS PoL when they become available. I really like the engineering that went into these two figures.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352939)
Posted by rpetras on February 28th, 2012 @ 10:12am CST
I want to like these ... but I don't.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352950)
Posted by necr0blivion on February 28th, 2012 @ 10:36am CST
So much negativity towards Savage, I think he's pretty top notch!
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352951)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 28th, 2012 @ 10:41am CST
Well, I guess I can't blame people for not liking these; they're pretty stylized. Much more so than any G1 figure or even Classics Ravage.

That said, I really like the way these look. Their take on Rumble and Fenzy I got only to add to my cassette army, but these guys I'd get to be their Neo G1 selves (if I mixed the tapes in with my classics collection). I think this version of Ravage blows the Universe version right out of the water! Although I don't know if he's better than the mastery that is G1 Ravage.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352996)
Posted by horus on February 28th, 2012 @ 12:16pm CST
ok.. i'm impressed, now i want to see how Ratbat combines with Frenzy or Rumble like they promissed.. :)
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1352999)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 28th, 2012 @ 12:30pm CST
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1353002)
Posted by craggy on February 28th, 2012 @ 12:41pm CST
I don't know that I'd call Savage by the name Ravage, he doesn't look quite enough like other versions of the character to me. And I have reissue G1 Ravage that's fine, but Nightfang is a really nice Ratbat, and they're pretty cheap for the pair.

I passed on fashion models Frumble and Renzy, but am feeling myself slipping off the fence about these two.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1353003)
Posted by triKlops on February 28th, 2012 @ 12:41pm CST
nice, I had been waiting to see what these would be like for my Sonicron
i wasnt that interested in the Frenzy/ Rumble set but these look great,especially Ratbat
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1353053)
Posted by MGrotusque on February 28th, 2012 @ 2:48pm CST
necr0blivion wrote:So much negativity towards Savage, I think he's pretty top notch!

I firmly believe that nobody has made a better Ravage than the G1 mold. That mold in all honesty is the most feline looking of any interpretation since.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1353060)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 28th, 2012 @ 3:11pm CST
BBTS has their preorder up. Not crazy about the price, especially since BTS has only produced "okay" in my book, but I'm interested in Ratbat. And see potential in Savage.

zodconvoy wrote:Something was bothering me about that Ravage that I couldn't put my finger on at first until I checked out TFSource's entire little gallery. They have a pick of him howling like a wolf. They totally mistook Ravage for a dog! That explains the proportions being wonky. I'm getting that Ratbat and I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with that Ravage.

Don't see him as Ravage, say he's a new bot that becomes a greyhound. Just look:
And here's your movie version
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1353510)
Posted by Flashwave on February 29th, 2012 @ 4:30pm CST
ou know, if I wasn;t so hell-bent on changing Laserbeak to Ratbat to clear the name up, Nightfang would make a dead-awesome Prime Ratbat.
Re: BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage Preorder Up: Combines with Tremor & Frequency (1355489)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 6th, 2012 @ 2:34pm CST
As promised, TFSource has updated their facebook page with the combination pics of BTS-05 wave 1 Tremor & Frequency and wave 2 Nightfang & Savage. There are also some additional images of Nightfang & Savage to help you decide to buy.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "SIDE BURN PRINT; 2011 Transformers Club Exclusive Art Print by Casey Coller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Premier Edition Leader Stormreign (Dragonstorm)" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY