CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head

CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head

Thursday, February 18th, 2010 2:42pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 21,778

Yesterday we referred to the current period of Transformers toys as a 'Third Party Frenzy', and coincidentally enough, we've just got the newest add-on for Generation One Frenzy. Or is it Rumble? Red or Blue, let's put aside the FIRRIB arguments aside and take a look at CrazyDevy's newest creation, their CDMW-07A Cassette Robot Parts. They have strayed away from their usual Devastator add-ons, and are now focusing on Frenzy, and likely Rumble in the future. Check out the advertisement below.

You can find the link to this product over at CrazyDevy here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): CrazyDevy

Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048527)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 18th, 2010 @ 2:58pm CST
Eh, I don't know about these now...

The Devastator parts are incredible. They work in a really great way because they don't fundamentally change the toy.

It looks as if attaching these will make it so that Frenzy there, I call it like I know it to be true, will not be able to fit in Soundwave's chest.

That alone, makes this just right out for me.
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048528)
Posted by TheAllSpark on February 18th, 2010 @ 2:59pm CST
huuum interesting!
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048543)
Posted by Nyarlahotep on February 18th, 2010 @ 3:44pm CST
What a complete hack! :-x

These are being made with much greater attention to detail over here:

For shame!

I encourage everyone to support the original creator of these great additions.
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048545)
Posted by Blurrz on February 18th, 2010 @ 3:50pm CST
Nyarlahotep wrote:What a complete hack! :-x

These are being made with much greater attention to detail over here:

Hack? That's not a very nice word to throw around, especially when there isn't solid evidence when you're trying to exploit a 'copycat'

Nyarlahotep wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't buy a set of original ones and just started making KO's of his own. For shame! I encourage everyone to support the original creator of these great additions.

While CrazyDevy might have used the idea from someone else, I'll still support CD. The original creator isn't mass releasing these. If I did support the original creator I'd be bidding on an item on ebay with other people who wanted a 'one-time' creation. Kudos to the guy who originated the idea, he'll be recognized for it, but CrazyDevy is the one who's taking it a step forward and profiting.

You minuswell call Hasbro a hack for what they did to Japan.
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048549)
Posted by Kryptikore on February 18th, 2010 @ 4:04pm CST
While the idea is nice. I think they look pretty nasty. I hope they improve the look of the pile drivers or another third party improves it to more of a G3 look!
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048606)
Posted by Liftgate on February 18th, 2010 @ 6:21pm CST
Looking at these I wonder if they arn't designed to fit in Soundwave's back (as "batteries"), just like his original weapons?
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048622)
Posted by First-Aid on February 18th, 2010 @ 7:04pm CST
Ugh. This is just bad. No other word for it outside of the phrase "epic fail".
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048644)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 18th, 2010 @ 8:34pm CST
I'm sorry, but these just look horrible. The arms look strange and that head is a mess. I get the feeling they're just rushing new products out now.
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048656)
Posted by Skyfire77 on February 18th, 2010 @ 9:10pm CST
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048711)
Posted by El Duque on February 19th, 2010 @ 12:24am CST
It may not require permenant changes to the figure. His original head is on a spring, the new head may just plug into that existing hole and keep the original head down in his chest. The pile drivers probably just slip over his forarms. His elbow joints are rivets not screws, not sure how they would expect you to remove them. The new crotch could just snap on. If the price isn't to high I may give it a chance.
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048723)
Posted by Rated X on February 19th, 2010 @ 4:24am CST
Instead of replacing 50% of the figure with new parts, why dont these 3rd party companies just create new figures ??? Obviously their designers have the talent to make it happen...
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048733)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 19th, 2010 @ 5:30am CST
Nyarlahotep wrote:I encourage everyone to support the original creator of these great additions.

You mean Hasbro, Takara and Sunbow? :grin: These, hmm not so hot unfortunately.
:BOT:
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048772)
Posted by Stormrider on February 19th, 2010 @ 8:03am CST
I agree the ones here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/288553-rumble-frenzy-custom-hammers.html look better. Perhaps the two groups can forma partnership for mass production.
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048774)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 19th, 2010 @ 8:09am CST
Nyarlahotep wrote:What a complete hack! :-x

These are being made with much greater attention to detail over here:

For shame!

I encourage everyone to support the original creator of these great additions.

Ridiculous.

I'm sick of customizers trying to take/claim credit for ideas that they are liberally borrowing from someone else's work.
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048785)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 19th, 2010 @ 9:06am CST
Lets keep the insults at a minimum of zero here folks.

Thanks.
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048812)
Posted by mechabooks on February 19th, 2010 @ 10:37am CST
Skyfire77 wrote:I've been impressed with CD's stuff so far, and I'm okay with the conversion being permanent, if that is the case. I can always pick up a junker off eBay; maybe even paint him so it looks like Rumble from the cartoon... 8)

I just picked up a cheap one online for that exact reason!
Re: CDMW-07a Cassette Robot Parts - New Frenzy Arms and Head (1048916)
Posted by SentinelA on February 19th, 2010 @ 4:32pm CST
I actually came up with this before they did except I didn't have anything in my mind except pile drivers that could be attached to the arms. I don't like that you have to remove the arms from the toy from the looks of things.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "LOT Transformers Megatron, Galvatron, EX-11 Evil Lord, Sky Shadow, Titans Return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O lot of 7 Sets Sealed Megatron Bumblebee Prowl Mirage Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx in box." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN DIAC & OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blaster Rewind Buzzsaw Lot Complete TR Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Marvel TRANSFORMERS #36 (1988) 1st Sky Lynx Twin Twist & Sandstorm Appearance" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN DABURU & AUTOBOT TWINFERNO" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy 3-Pack Action Figure Set (E9501)" on EBAY