Change Seibertronians Can Believe In

Change Seibertronians Can Believe In

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 9:19pm CST

Categories: Collectables, Editorials
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 30,635

In what seems to be an extremely popular picture to parody, the recently famed President Obama picture of "Hope" has been made to render the Autobot leader that all Transformers have come to respect: Optimus Prime. Below is the original rendition for comparison with the new print.

Change Seibertronians Can Believe In

Change Seibertronians Can Believe In

The work was done by graphic artist Tim Doyle, and was quickly swept up by Transformers fanatics at $30.00 each. No word was posted as to whether the print will be run again. To view the original article on this, click here.

Credit(s): Jalopnik

Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890116)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on February 25th, 2009 @ 9:42pm CST
"Change..into a truck" - I love it!
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890118)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 25th, 2009 @ 9:49pm CST
Change,Into a Truck=Awesomeness.
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890119)
Posted by Burn on February 25th, 2009 @ 9:53pm CST
Well this is just going to reignite the ol Truck/Munkey debate.
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890124)
Posted by Archatron on February 25th, 2009 @ 10:15pm CST
Change = my new desktop background :D
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890125)
Posted by Riotflea on February 25th, 2009 @ 10:19pm CST
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890131)
Posted by typh0id on February 25th, 2009 @ 10:51pm CST
Wonderful! :D
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890146)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 25th, 2009 @ 11:37pm CST
Meh, I don't see what the big deal about Obama is. I can see this being sold at BotCon this year.
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890162)
Posted by Ronynus Prime on February 26th, 2009 @ 12:45am CST
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890164)
Posted by Radical Ninja on February 26th, 2009 @ 12:49am CST
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890166)
Posted by ponycorn on February 26th, 2009 @ 12:55am CST
PlasmaEnergyGod wrote:This is interesting. I was just comparing Barack with Optimus to my family during his address to Congress. It seems we have indeed found our leader. I do hope a re-print happens soon, or at least that I can find one at BotCon.

So I wasn't the only one sitting there thinking that, right there with you!
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890168)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 26th, 2009 @ 12:57am CST
I'll vote for that! :grin:
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890171)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on February 26th, 2009 @ 1:14am CST
Radical Ninja wrote:Optimus Prime cares a lot for his fellow robots. And he doesn't want anything to happen to them. I think he'd make a neat president.

Unfortunately, since Optimus Prime was not born in the United States of America, he is ineligible to run for the office of President, as explained in the Constitution.

However, Grimlock and the other Dinobots were built in Oregon, circa 1985. That makes them, legally, natural-born citizens of the United States, provided that the Supreme Court recognizes Cybertronians as living, sentient beings. This, of course, means that after their 35th 'birthday', any of them would be eligible to run for President in the 2024 election...

President Grimlock... (shudder)
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890205)
Posted by snavej on February 26th, 2009 @ 5:15am CST
Obama has 'Obama Girl', so OP has 'Prime Girl', I guess: singing songs on the internet and such.
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890219)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 26th, 2009 @ 6:12am CST
emeraldbeacon wrote:President Grimlock... (shudder)

Now that's somebody I'd vote for, not the puny Prime! :P
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890257)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 26th, 2009 @ 7:28am CST
Hope the Prime artist doesn't get sued like the Obama artist is.

Very nice image.
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890341)
Posted by Emperor Galvatron on February 26th, 2009 @ 11:04am CST
emeraldbeacon wrote:

President Grimlock... (shudder)

Well, he may be able to make the case that since he was a 'resident' of the United States before humans walked the Earth (4,000,000 yrs ago puts the Ark crashing during early protohumans) he is more of a citizen than most. However, that also gives Megatron a valid case as well.
I always wondered why Megs didn't try to legally claim Earth under some obscure interplanetary law or something.
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890372)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 26th, 2009 @ 12:04pm CST

Who said that? Chip Chase or Spike Witwicky?
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890390)
Posted by Windsweeper on February 26th, 2009 @ 12:38pm CST
It was Spike Witwicky in More than meets the eye.

The cynic in me tells me the line is corny but I can't help but like it.

In the last few years, I've developed a fondness for too good to be true characters like Prime and Superman.

I think it's to counter the cynicism that has creeped into me in recent years.
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890433)
Posted by uranimusprime on February 26th, 2009 @ 1:49pm CST
SOMEONE HAS GOT TO GET THIS ON A SHIRT!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
Re: Change Seibertronians Can Believe In (890518)
Posted by lilcarus on February 26th, 2009 @ 3:31pm CST
uranimusprime wrote:SOMEONE HAS GOT TO GET THIS ON A SHIRT!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

lol...thats funny because im about to do that this evening...i'll post a pic and if anyone else wants one let me know :twisted:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Skullcruncher G1 Complete w/ Instructions Stats Card Hasbro" on EBAY