Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup"

Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup"

Thursday, May 20th, 2010 3:26pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 33,088

Writer Roberto Orci teases us a little further today about the upcoming Transformers: Prime cartoon. When asked if the classic character Starscream will retain a personality similar to his Generation One self, Orci responds with a short "Yup". To view the source of the news, click here.

Credit(s): Roberto Orci

Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076689)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 20th, 2010 @ 3:30pm CDT
Good to hear that there will be Starscream in it and that he will have a more G1-ish personality, but he could have said more on the issue, or there could have been a follow-up question. Well I suppose there could have been but Orci just kept tight-lipped.
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076702)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 20th, 2010 @ 3:47pm CDT
Second favorite Decepticon for me? "Yup" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076711)
Posted by Heavy B on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:00pm CDT
im gonna have a heart attack if i hear one more piece of epic news
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076726)
Posted by Mkall on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:40pm CDT
This is getting better and better and better.
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076728)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:42pm CDT
All this news on Transformers: Prime is just making me happier and happier about this show!

Bring it on! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076784)
Posted by Blurrz on May 20th, 2010 @ 6:22pm CDT
This is kind of redundant really..
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076799)
Posted by rpetras on May 20th, 2010 @ 6:46pm CDT
Methinks this show is what the movie-verse was supposed to be. :D
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076803)
Posted by --B-- on May 20th, 2010 @ 6:48pm CDT

Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076810)
Posted by foxmorgan on May 20th, 2010 @ 7:02pm CDT

A classics-esque show supporting the Classics-esque toyline would be heaven to me...and hell to my wallet!"

I totally agree! Does anyone know what the characters might look like? This will be epic if it is like G1... I am very pleased with all the info, but some details on drawings would be great!

I am so excited.... :BOOM:
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076892)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on May 20th, 2010 @ 9:59pm CDT
Cool....recently I've been watching G1(courtesy of Netflix) and well, everytime Megatron so much as trips "StarScream's the new leader!" and I like that 8)

Anyhow, since Prime's supposed to be movie verse, I hope it's toys fit in with the movie-verse...
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076895)
Posted by Night Raid on May 20th, 2010 @ 10:00pm CDT

Still, this just keeps getting better and better.
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076913)
Posted by Name_Violation on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:49pm CDT
foxmorgan wrote:"What I want to know is if the designs are Classics (the toyline) like so we can get some more Classics/Universe/Generations toys!

I am so excited.... :BOOM:

we've seen teaser peaks of bumblebee on the HUB logo. it looks similar to movie-verse
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1076981)
Posted by GEEWUN on May 21st, 2010 @ 6:20am CDT
Night Raid wrote:And the scheming, backstabbing ass in Animated *WASN'T* a classic characterization of Starscream?

Still, this just keeps getting better and better.

That was exactly what I was thinking..... Oh well Animated Starscream was just different.
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1077024)
Posted by Diem on May 21st, 2010 @ 8:13am CDT
Not trying to be too negative, but if I want to watch G1 all over again I can watch the DVDs. I wanna see something original.
Re: Classic Characterization of Starscream in Transformers: Prime? "Yup" (1077117)
Posted by Hard Hacker on May 21st, 2010 @ 12:55pm CDT
Awww, that's silly. At least have a GOOD charactrisation (IE: Animated) to base it on. I HATE whiners, especially when they're giant jet robots with voices that sound like their testicles are in vices.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Mighty Muggs Megatron + Destro Loose Transformers GI Joe" on EBAY