Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images

Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images

Friday, April 17th, 2015 12:53pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Sightings, Store News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 69,467

Thanks to fellow fan, Eric John A. Cruz and Cybertron Philippines, we have some great news to share with you: Combiner Wars Wave 3 is hitting retailers in Asia! (This is good news for the rest of us, means it's just a few weeks until they hit the US and other world regions!) Mr. Cruz shared this good news with us on our Seibertron Facebook page, which you can see his post here.

The wave is due to be released on April 18th in the Philippines at various Toys R Us stores, which you can see in the image mirrored below:

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images

Eric John A. Cruz > ‎Seibertron.com
Combiner Wars Voyagers, Deluxes and Legends wave 3 and Leader Class wave 2 will be distributed tomorrow, Saturday, April 18 at Toys R Us Robinsons Galleria (Metro Manila)

Since it's already the 18th in the Philippines, we have in hand images of Wave 3 to share with you, courtesy of Mr. Cruz!

Up first:
Leader Class Thundercracker (base mold is a heavily retooled Leader Class Jetfire, you can see him in our galleries)

Next:
Voyager Class Cyclonus (a redeco of Silverbolt, with a new head) and Hot Spot (a new mold!)

Deluxe Class Blades (a repaint of Alpha Bravo, with a new head), First Aid (A drastic reshelling/remold of Offroad), Rook (a brand new mold!) and Streetwise (Another drastic reshelling/remold of another figure, Dead End)

And last, but certainly not least:
Legends Class Groove (another new mold!), Warpath (a redeco of Generations Legends Megatron with a new head) and finally Viper (a redeco of Legends Powerglide in Decepticon/Cobra (G.I.Joe) color scheme!)

With them seeing release in the Asian region of the world, it's at least reasonable to assume that the April release date provided by BBTS is looking possible at this time, even though Amazon has them listed with a preorder date of June 15th. Chances are this is a special early release and June's the actual saturation release time frame, as soon as we know, you will!

Credit(s): Eric John A. Cruz and Cybertron Philippines

Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676452)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 17th, 2015 @ 1:00pm CDT
Editor wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Behold! Groove as a leg!

At the same time brilliant and yet also :HEADHURTS:

Because on one side, yes he fits, on the other OH MY GOD he's like a dog on the neighbors leg.

It looks like it's holding on for dear life. I'll have to try that out when I get mine next week. Yes, even though I said I couldn't, Robot Kingdom got their shipments in last night. I'm so weak.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676456)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 17th, 2015 @ 1:10pm CDT
The way they fit together (Rook and Groove) I can't help but wonder if that's intentional, but just left out of the instructions. That was what I wanted to do if I had to buy Rook and now that I see it works, I'm fine with the purchase. He just won't see vehicle or robot mode, he'll be in leg/Groove anchor mode forever.

Excellent. Yesssss...
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676457)
Posted by Allenspurs on April 17th, 2015 @ 1:17pm CDT
That Bot wrote:It's plenty active, I'm in there and I get notifications most days.

Yep sorry you are quite correct, looked at specific starscream thread.

The leader class thread is very active if not a bit of topic at the moment.

In all honesty the amount of fuss made over thundercracker made me think after seeing the comic that would be the hot topic at this time. It's gotta be almost 100% now we have had an image like the one we have in the latest issue. (I'm on mobile adding images is a nightmare)
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676473)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 17th, 2015 @ 1:43pm CDT
Oh man. My wallet just recovered from wave 2!!
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676474)
Posted by william-james88 on April 17th, 2015 @ 1:46pm CDT
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676475)
Posted by Editor on April 17th, 2015 @ 1:48pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:While Canada did get the wave 2 deluxes before the states, that was just one or two boxes per store and they never got restocked. Canada has yet to see the legends and voyager molds and the deluxes were never restocked. So while Wave 3 might be coming, Dragstrip is the only stunticon I have still.

Ditto on the other side of Canada.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676477)
Posted by rickdraco on April 17th, 2015 @ 1:53pm CDT
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676479)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 17th, 2015 @ 1:58pm CDT
Guess I never saw Viper's robot mode that clearly before. Suddenly, the Joe jokes are purged from my mind, and all I can see is PG being repainted into Combiner Wars Straxus. Much as I love Big Blue, it's not a retool of CW Megatron, so hopefully this will change once I have him in hand.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676482)
Posted by shockblast2 on April 17th, 2015 @ 2:08pm CDT
I thought these would not be available until June?!?!?!?!

Damn, stop robbing me Hasbro! :D
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676488)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 17th, 2015 @ 2:45pm CDT
rickdraco wrote:Sadly as of yet we haven't even seen wave 2 yet on general release in the UK. I can't even get Air Raid to complete Superion on Ebay!

Er...there are a few on eBay. Importing will probably be expensive, but it's an option.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Toys-Hobbies-/2 ... w=Air+Raid
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676491)
Posted by Crosscheck on April 17th, 2015 @ 2:51pm CDT
It's cool that Groove can combine with Rook. I wonder what it looks like in arm mode. Regardless, I am not putting Groove on the chest anymore since there are better spots for him. Still hope a viable shield mode that can attach to an arm can be made.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676510)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on April 17th, 2015 @ 4:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Behold! Groove as a leg!

(image)

Well... think I found how I am displaying my Defensor once I get him! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676542)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on April 17th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CDT

Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676549)
Posted by Rated X on April 17th, 2015 @ 9:31pm CDT
The Philippines gets everything. When I visited Manila, I saw stuff that you can only buy online in the USA. It was fun to visit a place where adult oriented hobby shops still exist. Cant speak for other cities, but here in Miami, today's economy has gobbled up small business owners.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676550)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 17th, 2015 @ 9:34pm CDT
TkRuykM.jpg

I get the awful feeling these hands are going to snap all too easily...
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676561)
Posted by Generator_G1 on April 17th, 2015 @ 10:48pm CDT

Just got my set. =)
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676567)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 17th, 2015 @ 11:15pm CDT
Yotsuyasan wrote:Found these on TFW2005, which apparently found them on the Facebook of one Oscar Fung:

Generator_G1 wrote:Image

Just got my set. =)

I don't see Warpath.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676589)
Posted by Thadicon on April 18th, 2015 @ 1:06am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Generator_G1 wrote:Image

Just got my set. =)

I don't see Warpath.

Just wondering. Have you seen any pictures of Frenzy and Rumble in robot mode with the motorcycle alt mode? I have been googling and I can't find any :D
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676591)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on April 18th, 2015 @ 1:40am CDT
Thadicon wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:As I and many others suspected it looks much better than the promo pics. I will be interested to see if the rumors are true and Groove gets retooled into Rumble and Frenzy.

Huh... First I have heard of this rumor, myself. Is there any basis for this rumor, or is it pure speculation?
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images (1676592)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 18th, 2015 @ 1:55am CDT
Yotsuyasan wrote:
Thadicon wrote:

It's speculation, however in IDWs Transformers #35 and 36, it shows rumble and frenzy are now motorbikes. I and a few other people speculated this change could relate to a new toy or vice versa, similar to other design changes in the past 2 or 3 years.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RED ALERT & BRAWN, Universe Legends 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skytread Unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY