Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories

Transformers News: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories

Saturday, May 9th, 2009 9:47PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 29,433

Seibertron.com member Scaleface has just tipped us off to some new images that have surfaced for a Crystal Clear Optimus Prime of the Classics/ Henkei line with gold accessories. This new Prime/ Convoy has gold smokestacks/ guns and a gold windvane/ cannon.

Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories

Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories

Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories

Check out more images and bid on this, if you dare, by clicking here.
Credit(s): Scaleface

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919521)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 9th, 2009 @ 9:52pm CDT
Is it a Lucky Draw or something?
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919529)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on May 9th, 2009 @ 10:12pm CDT
Uhh... ?
:-?
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919531)
Posted by guardianprime on May 9th, 2009 @ 10:15pm CDT
*sends hate and loathing to the japanese*

why do we never get anything awesome like that here!?

i don't even think i've ever seen ANYTHING from the classic line here in the US. (is that line japan only or is the line no longer in stores)

*grumbles* i want an awesome optimus!!!
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919533)
Posted by Blurrz on May 9th, 2009 @ 10:28pm CDT
guardianprime wrote:*sends hate and loathing to the japanese*

why do we never get anything awesome like that here!?

*grumbles* i want an awesome optimus!!!

The Japanese are huge on transparent and gold repaints. While here in North america, our exclusives are thorough repaints, over in Japan/Asia, it usually like what we see here.

And do you really like it? I'm not a fan of the transparency and the gold repainting is just a little too shiny for me.
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919535)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 9th, 2009 @ 10:30pm CDT

Anyhow, this figure is pretty cool and so is the mold. Although his large rifle ought to have been clear too. It looks nice in rifle mode, but kinda dumb in vehicle mode.
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919536)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on May 9th, 2009 @ 10:30pm CDT
Hey thats heerotoymaker!
hes the guy who made and/or sold all those neat KO WST seekers and primes.
Looks like hes making custom classics now.
I hope he makes a blue prime for my powered commander.
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919539)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 9th, 2009 @ 10:40pm CDT
I don't mind the crystal clear, as it gives the figure a very Ghost Convoy feel, for want of a better way to describe it. The gold, however, kinda kills it for me. Like Blurrz said, it's too shiny.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Well, we did get Classics Magnus while they didn't. Out of all the recent white-paint Magnuses, I actually like the Classics one the best.

Could be the intent here, I suppose, but I still think of this one as Ghost Convoy.
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919542)
Posted by nemesis-prime on May 9th, 2009 @ 10:49pm CDT
too shinny for me wont look good next to my nemesis prime
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919544)
Posted by guardianprime on May 9th, 2009 @ 10:51pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
guardianprime wrote:*sends hate and loathing to the japanese*

why do we never get anything awesome like that here!?

*grumbles* i want an awesome optimus!!!

while i do think it would be annoying if all we got was clear and gold repaints, i do think a few would be awesome, and this one is by far one of the coolest (in my opinion) granted the gold rifle does look a little silly in vehicle mode i would still love to get my hands on one of these.

Edit: you know. come to think of it. i always thought that rifle looked funny in vehicle mode anyways so its not that different actually!

so... i'm still confused on the classics line. when was it (if ever) relesased in america?
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919554)
Posted by Blurrz on May 9th, 2009 @ 11:14pm CDT

A 2nd Classics line/sequel was in '09, with the tag line of 'Universe'.
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919567)
Posted by guardianprime on May 10th, 2009 @ 12:02am CDT
Blurrz wrote:Classics was released in '06. I believe it was after Energon, and during the Cybertron line as well.

A 2nd Classics line/sequel was in '09, with the tag line of 'Universe'.

Ah i see. so the original mold for this optimus was back in 06?

I never realized that classic and universe were the same. thank you very much
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919570)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 10th, 2009 @ 12:17am CDT
Thats badass. Needs to lose the gold parts though. The entire thing should be clear. Why doesnt hasbro ever give us cool stuff like this. They love repaints and all. Oh wait they only like repainting Prime into magnus thats right. I dont know why but i like clear figures.
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919572)
Posted by zodconvoy on May 10th, 2009 @ 12:24am CDT
That may well be the most confused Transformer I've ever seen.

"Well, I wanted a stealth mode that wouldn't hide my bling..."

Horrid, simply horrid.
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919577)
Posted by Mkall on May 10th, 2009 @ 12:46am CDT
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919583)
Posted by Psychomud on May 10th, 2009 @ 2:12am CDT
Mkall wrote:I don't know what that is, how to get it, or where it'll go in my collection, but I want it.

If I win it, can I trade it to you for 1 max level character on Heavy Metal Wars v 2? ;-)
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919599)
Posted by Hard Hacker on May 10th, 2009 @ 5:59am CDT
The gold looks really off on that.
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919601)
Posted by olokin on May 10th, 2009 @ 6:37am CDT
This figure should either be totally crystal clear or totally gold. but i like it anyway.
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919634)
Posted by omega666 on May 10th, 2009 @ 9:24am CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:Is it a Lucky Draw or something?

It's like the Henkei version of the Lucky Draw. :o)
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919635)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 10th, 2009 @ 9:39am CDT
So, uh... what will be this ones name? "Diamond Ring" Convoy?
Re: Crystal Clear Classics Optimus Prime with Gold Accessories (919646)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 10th, 2009 @ 10:33am CDT
Would have been a nice piece to compliment the limited edition clear Mirage if it weren't for the gold.
I could have tolerated the gold if they had instead put it on the other crystal convoy (with the red tinted see through parts) and made this one completely transparent. Hell, I could even have allowed black tires to slide on this if the rest of it had been see through but the gold just kills the effect, at least in truck mode. I don't mind it so much in bot mode once I mentally take the "stealth" mindset out of the equation but I think for either mode that chrome would have been a better choice. It's still one of my favorite molds, however, and nothing short of an all pink paint-job would trun me off of it completely. (Has/Tak...don't even THINK about it! :-x )

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Playskool Rescue Bots Bumblebee's Garage playset HTF - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 8 minutes 13 seconds
Dropshot Heavy Load Blades Leo Prime Universe Voyager LOT Transformers Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 10 minutes 33 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN LEADER POWERMASTER OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE - Time Remaining: 19 days 20 hours 14 minutes 35 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AGE OF EXTINCTION DINOBOT SLOG ACTION FIGURE TOY - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 15 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers The Movie 2007 Deluxe Class Decepticon Barricade Brand NEW In Box - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 19 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Movie 2007 Legends Class Bumblebee MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 20 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Sentinel Prime - Time Remaining: 26 days 19 hours 20 minutes 53 seconds
NIGHTSCREAM Starscream Transformers Superlink SD-01 Deluxe Class 2004 Energon - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 28 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent