Friday, July 31st, 2015 1:10am CDT

Categories: Press Releases, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 45,893

While the following may look like it has little to do with the Transformers specifically, IDW and Hasbro have already, previously collaborated on the two brands, meshing transforming robots and anthropomorphic equines. On this particular occasion, My Little Pony celebrates 'famous friendships in popular culture' and Optimus Prime and Bumblebee take centre-stage with the two custom figures mirrored below - check the out after the official press release!

MY LITTLE PONY Brand Honors Famous Best Friends in Celebration of International Day of Friendship

Custom MY LITTLE PONY Figures Include TRANSFORMERS Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, Sesame Street’s Bert and Ernie, I Love Lucy’s Lucy and Ethel, and More; Follow #MLPFriendshipDay to Join the Conversation

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A global, pop culture phenomenon, the MY LITTLE PONY franchise from Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) has remained deeply rooted in the value of friendship since it first launched more than 30 years ago. To commemorate the International Day of Friendship, the brand is celebrating famous friendships with one-of-a-kind MY LITTLE PONY figures honoring notable friendships throughout entertainment history. From timeless television personalities to familiar childhood characters, the MY LITTLE PONY brand brings fan favorites to life for the first time as ponies, including beloved best friends from TRANSFORMERS, Sesame Street, I Love Lucy, Clueless and Laverne & Shirley!

In addition to creating the custom MY LITTLE PONY figure collection, to honor the importance and magic of friendship Hasbro has teamed up with generationOn, the youth division of Points of Light, on a global service campaign that uses the core cast of characters from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic animated series to teach children about helping others. The initiative invites children and their families to celebrate friendship by completing acts of kindness and volunteering in their school, neighborhood, or broader community.

For more information on how to get involved with a MY LITTLE PONY service project, parents and caregivers can visit MyLittlePony.Hasbro.com/FriendshipDay. Fans can follow Hasbro on Instagram (@Hasbro) and Twitter (@HasbroNews) and use #MLPFriendshipDay to join the conversation.

About Hasbro
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH and TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and lifestyle licensing, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection with children and families around the world. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, ALLSPARK PICTURES, create entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film, digital and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).

Transformers News: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release

BUMBLEBEE and OPTIMUS PRIME are true BFFs – Bot Friends Forever! The MY LITTLE PONY brand has “rolled out” pony versions of the TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOTS pals in celebration of International Day of Friendship on July 30, 2015. Follow #MLPFriendshipDay and stop by the MY LITTLE PONY Facebook page to see pony versions of four other iconic best friends throughout pop culture history: http://facebook.com/mylittlepony (Photo: Business Wire)

Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714721)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 31st, 2015 @ 2:22am CDT
Oh great. Another Bumblebee! :P >:oP 8-}
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714723)
Posted by Burn on July 31st, 2015 @ 3:04am CDT
I log on expecting this thread to be filled with fanboy rage and THIS is all I get?

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Oh great. Another Bumblebee! :P >:oP 8-}

I am disappointed. I wanted to laugh at fanboys. Image
They are quite well done though.
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714731)
Posted by RhA on July 31st, 2015 @ 4:24am CDT
OK, I'll bite.

THIS IS AWFULL HOW CAN DEY DO DIS TO PONIES WTFBBQ
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714736)
Posted by Black Hat on July 31st, 2015 @ 6:22am CDT
Oh great. More stunted horses on the internet.

To paraphrase Snatch, "I f*cking hate ponies".
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714740)
Posted by Desslok2201 on July 31st, 2015 @ 6:59am CDT
The rest of my day will now be consumed with finding an old WWF wrestling ring on ebay so I can create the stop motion event we've all dreamed of-
HELLO KITTY PRIME vs MLP PRIME- the cage match!!!
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714741)
Posted by Deadput on July 31st, 2015 @ 7:06am CDT
Can't wait for people to come into the thread and start complaining about Bronies and how they watch a show made for little kids despite us also being fans of a show and toys that is also made for little kids.

I admit I'm a fan of the show and that's pretty much it I like the show nothing more.

Any one want to play the drinking game with me?
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714750)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 31st, 2015 @ 8:16am CDT
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714761)
Posted by Deadput on July 31st, 2015 @ 8:49am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Are these going to be manufactured for retail sale, or are these just one-of-a-kind customs made for an event?

Thier official customs from what I can tell.
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714769)
Posted by It Is Him on July 31st, 2015 @ 9:15am CDT
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714771)
Posted by lupinesithlord on July 31st, 2015 @ 9:24am CDT
Second coolest My little ponies right after that custom my little Cthulhu....
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714782)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on July 31st, 2015 @ 10:03am CDT
Why couldn't they have done a Megatron/Starscream instead :(

(But seriously, i thought there would be a lot of "FFS" and "you ruined the TF franchise!")
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714816)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on July 31st, 2015 @ 11:53am CDT
ctrlFrequency wrote:Why couldn't they have done a Megatron/Starscream instead :(

Wait for it. The thread is still young.
And I'm with you, I want to see a Megatron/Starscream version of these. Not so much "instead of" but as a set to accompany the Prime/'Bee set.

Yeah, that's right folks. I'm a Brony too. Deal with it!
It's not my fault that you die-hard TF fans are too close minded to accept anything beyond your black & white view of how a fandom should be run.

Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714821)
Posted by Black Hat on July 31st, 2015 @ 12:12pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:I wish Combiner Wars would be supplanted by a MLP:FiM/Transformers movie crossover line.

I will hunt you down and tear out your spine, and then feed it to you. ;)
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714822)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on July 31st, 2015 @ 12:29pm CDT
CrankyOldTruck wrote:Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go post pics on other sites of Dr Who/transforming Autobot TARDIS with an MLP character steeping out of it just because I like to watch the world burn. :twisted:

Oh my God, I'd sooooo love to see that :grin:

Delta Magnus wrote:

I will hunt you down and tear out your spine, and then feed it to you. ;)

I dunno, I'm kind of with Him on this one :P I'm so tired of Combiner Wars. I get it... next step.. evolution... everybot and his brother combines... wooo...
Comixology sent me the Combiner Wars one shot instead of the MTMTE, which is what I'm subscribed for, last Wednesday, as if to stab me with the fact that Combiner Wars is all Hasbro can think about.
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714830)
Posted by Black Hat on July 31st, 2015 @ 12:51pm CDT
I was about to say MLP is cancer, but that's an insult to cancer.

MLP is Malaria.
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714836)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on July 31st, 2015 @ 1:14pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:I was about to say MLP is cancer, but that's an insult to cancer.

MLP is Malaria.

FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!!!! *starts throwing Ponies around in an attempt to instill friendship through violence* :P

Funniest thing someone commented on the MLP Facebook page about this... "The fact that the plot of MLP is miles deeper than any Transformers narrative is hilarious."

Eh? Have they actually watched TF? (G1 doesn't count, it had 80's depth, which is to say none. Yes, I grew up in the 80's)
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714851)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 31st, 2015 @ 2:30pm CDT
ctrlFrequency wrote:

MLP is Malaria.

I wouldn't know about MLP, haven't watched it. But TF:P has a paper thin story that's poorly executed and then hastily wrapped up. It spent too much time trying to look gritty and dark.
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714852)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on July 31st, 2015 @ 2:39pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:

MLP is Malaria.

I disagree, to an extent. Prime suffered "Hasbro Meddling Syndrome"
There was quite a good story there that got shuffled under by toy agendas. However, I was thinking more along the lines of Rescue Bots. Though "Hasbro Meddling Syndrome" hits there too, the character development and plot depth, for a show aimed at 2-5 year olds is pretty amazing. RID is showing early signs of depth too, but I get the feeling the network isn't airing all the shows, it seems like episodes were skipped, the plot is a bit jumpy.

MLP is actually a pretty good show, I've watched a few episodes and it has a decent plot from what I can tell. Of all the 'girly' shows, it's probably the best (The Littlest Pet Shop is utter crap)
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714912)
Posted by Zeedust on July 31st, 2015 @ 8:44pm CDT

I'm not in favor of "supplanted", but "accompanied" would be cool.
Re: Custom My Little Pony Transformers for International Day of Friendship - Press Release (1714932)
Posted by padfoo on July 31st, 2015 @ 11:12pm CDT
I would love to see what they transform into

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "New Transformers Takara Tomy Generations Selects TT-GS07 Seacons Overbite Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Back To The Future Mashup T-shirt Small Marty McPrime Time Traveler" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Cybertronian Bumblebee Hasbro Action Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TAKARA TOMY EXCLISUVE 2010 UNICRON DOMINATOR 100% COMPLETE IN US" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee MISB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Scattershot (Betatron) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Generations Selects TT-GS07 Overbite (2020, Complete)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Generations Selects TT-GS08 Tentakil MISB" on EBAY