Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012

Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012

Thursday, March 8th, 2012 1:46pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News, People News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 52,993

BotCon 2012 has announced their third special guest for this year's event, Dan Gilvezan, the voice of G1's Bumblebee.

DAN GILVEZAN began his career in animation as Spider-Man/Peter Parker on NBC’s “Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.” He went onto to perform lead characters in a great many action/adventure shows of the mid to late 80’s including: Slipstream on “GI Joe: A Real American Hero,” Dargon on “Dino-Riders,” Dirk Courage on “Spiral Zone,” as well as everybody’s favorite yellow Volkswagen, Bumblebee, on the “Transformers.” On the lighter side he voiced Cooler, the leader of the “Pound Puppies” for Hanna-Barbera, and the ever put upon Henry Mitchell in CBS’s “New Adventures of Dennis the Menace.”

On-camera appearances have included guest-starring roles on "Desperate Housewives," "Bones," “NYPD Blue,” “The Bernie Mac Show,” “Third Rock From the Sun,” “Diagnosis Murder,” “Sabrina, the Teenaged Witch,” Boston Legal and the cult favorite "She wolf of London/Love and Curses." He has lent his talents to hundreds of TV and radio commercials and is the author of the novel "Drowned in the Grenadine," and "Bumblebee & Me," a remembrance of his time working on the original Transformers television series.

Credit(s): BotCon

This article was last modified on Thursday, March 8th, 2012 2:43pm CST

Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1356204)
Posted by Delicon on March 8th, 2012 @ 1:57pm CST
That's great news. This is the most excited I've been about a guest in a little while.
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1356205)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 8th, 2012 @ 1:59pm CST
Cool! Another great choice! :D
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1356209)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 8th, 2012 @ 2:04pm CST
Cool, I haven't had a reason to stand in the autograph line the past few botcons. (only because I already have autographs of the past guest) :grin:
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1356214)
Posted by Delicon on March 8th, 2012 @ 2:08pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Cool! Another great choice! :D

Are you going this year? And if so, are you going to hang with us?
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1356216)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 8th, 2012 @ 2:12pm CST
Delicon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Cool! Another great choice! :D

Are you going this year? And if so, are you going to hang with us?
Yeah, I'm gonna try to. I went for both 2010 ans 2011, but I missed the Seibertron.com get-togethers of both years (though, I did get to meet a few members both years).

I'll be staying off site, though, since I couldn't afford the hotel prices (and so as to save more money for the trip and for toys ;) ). I'll just need to know the when and the where for the get-together.
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1356217)
Posted by Rebirth Megatron on March 8th, 2012 @ 2:16pm CST
...now I really wish they were coming back to Pasedena this year.

And to excerize my nerdiness, a correction. Dan Gilvezan voiced Questar in Dino Riders, there is no Dagren as far as I recall.

Sorry, Dino Riders was kind of one of those shows that stuck with me.
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1356225)
Posted by Delicon on March 8th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Delicon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Cool! Another great choice! :D

Are you going this year? And if so, are you going to hang with us?

Well, if you went to BotCon 2010 we were easy to find, in part due to Ryan's awesome T-shirts.

Drop me a PM or friend me on Facebook (James Lysoby) and I'll make sure you can connect with the rest of the gang.
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1356269)
Posted by Mkall on March 8th, 2012 @ 5:09pm CST
Good show! I attended his panel at TFCon a couple years back - he's a very cool speaker.
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1365497)
Posted by El Duque on April 3rd, 2012 @ 3:45pm CDT
BotCon 2012 has announced their next special guest, Buster Jones, the voice of G1 Blaster!

Dan and Buster Jones will be on hand all weekend, taking part in fan panels, autograph sessions and the meet and greet for Golden Ticket holders. You won't want to miss meeting these G1 greats!

BUSTER JONES first role in animation was voicing the legendary Black Vulcan from "Challenge of the Superfriends." He would go on to voice Doc and Zap from the "G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero" series, Winston Zeddemore from the latter half of "The Real Ghostbusters" and of course the hippest Autobot around, Blaster from the "Transformers."

In addition to Animation work, Buster was also the host of Dick Clark's "Soul Unlimited" and has been involved in the music industry for five decades. This is Buster's first convention appearance and he is thrilled to meet all of the fans who have come to love the characters he voiced through his many years in the entertainment industry.
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1365511)
Posted by Autobot_Benz on April 3rd, 2012 @ 4:17pm CDT
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1365516)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2012 @ 4:35pm CDT
Autobot_Benz wrote:That's awesome Blaster was one of my favorite G1 characters always talking in rhyme. :BOT:
No he didn't. Maybe once or twice, but not all the time (like Wheelie did).
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1365638)
Posted by Rated X on April 3rd, 2012 @ 10:57pm CDT
I always had a strong connection to Blaster. During the hip hop golden era with Run DMC and the Beastie Boys, having an autobot boombox with a DJ persona was a great idea. It's nice to finally put a face to this iconic voice. :D
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1365699)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 4th, 2012 @ 7:31am CDT
Yeeeaaaa!! A new autograph for me to get. Gonna have him sign my Transformers Collection #21 Blaster. :grin:
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1365890)
Posted by gabeliv on April 4th, 2012 @ 7:54pm CDT
Would any one who is going to this be willing to get a couple of items signed by Buster Jones for me? I'd pay for your time and shipping back to me.
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1366479)
Posted by El Duque on April 6th, 2012 @ 11:51am CDT
BotCon 2012 has added a third Prime to their special guest line up! Joining David Kaye and Garry Chalk is the legendary Peter Cullen!

We are thrilled to announce that the one and only PETER CULLEN will be joining us at BotCon 2012! Best known as the voice behind the wise and heroic AUTOBOT leader OPTIMUS PRIME in the popular 1980s cartoon series "The Transformers" and in the 1986 animated film "The Transformers: The Movie", he reprised the role again for the three Blockbuster Michael Bay live action Transformers movies. He currently can be heard voicing OPTIMUS PRIME in the award winning "Transformers: Prime" series, now in its second season on the HUB network.

Don't miss out on seeing Peter at BotCon 2012! Registration will be available again in the coming days so it is not too late to be part of the greatest Transformers event of the year!
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1366488)
Posted by FracturedKoi on April 6th, 2012 @ 12:10pm CDT
Well...that is a mighty good highlight amongst the negativity!
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1366496)
Posted by xyl360 on April 6th, 2012 @ 12:39pm CDT
Wow, so they're going to have 2 guys that have played Optimus Prime (including the unparalleled original), 1 BW Megatron and an Optimus Primal all at the same event.

That's pretty epic.

If BW Megatron wins, Kaye can accept the award and they can re-enact the BW scene where he tries to eliminate Optimus Prime, only to be thwarted by Optimus Primal (but they'd need to give Cullen some lines, as just laying there snoring in *stasis* would be a waste of his talent :)).
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1366500)
Posted by Mkall on April 6th, 2012 @ 12:50pm CDT
All that's missing is Welker and we'd have the most awesome winning guest lineup of all time.
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1366504)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 6th, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
wow, Hasbro and Fun Pub are really trying to make up for pissing of the fans with the 3rd party and fan art issues.
Re: Dan Gilvezan Confirmed for BotCon 2012 (1366531)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 6th, 2012 @ 2:36pm CDT
3 Optimus Primes, 1 Con! >:oP

I wonder if we'll get Neil Kaplan too.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Mega 3-Step Changer Action Figure Hasbro 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise Rid Mega Optimus Prime Autobot" on EBAY