Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules

Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules

Thursday, March 1st, 2012 7:35am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 34,337

Yet another option has surfaced for those of you who are no quite satisfied with the mug on your TFC Hercules. In addition to their "Roaring" face option, not to be confused with TFC'c own "Rage" option, Dr. Wu has created a more stern and reasonable face for the massive figure. Although the chin is quite large, one would have to assume this will be about the same price as the Roaring set and retain the ability to conceal the head in the back of Dr. Crank. Transformers Galaxy added these images to their facebook page which you can view by clicking here or scroll down to view the mirrored images.

Credit(s): Transformers Galaxy Facebook

Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353756)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 1st, 2012 @ 8:02am CST
From the side, the chin isn't too bad. I actually like this, more than the rage faces. May actually get this.
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353759)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 1st, 2012 @ 8:07am CST
Yeah... no? Am i the only one who likes the current Herc face?
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353760)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 1st, 2012 @ 8:09am CST
While this is a good stern face, wasn't the original already stern? Can we get a cross compare?
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353770)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 1st, 2012 @ 8:30am CST
This face has more defined lips and some panels on the side of the face. But I had to look at my own Herc and this side by side to see any difference. Buying this is kind of a waste since you can't tell any difference right off the bat.
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353784)
Posted by robotmel on March 1st, 2012 @ 8:57am CST
:D
Dr. Wu....

I might get all the variant faces from Wu and glue them to the Metroplex eye, jam a bit of wire coat hanger in it and call it a Quintesson!!! :grin:
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353785)
Posted by Kibble on March 1st, 2012 @ 8:59am CST
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353790)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 1st, 2012 @ 9:05am CST
Kibble wrote:I'm glad they're focusing on the important things like 50 different faces rather than silly things like that POS black blade on Neckbreaker...

It's riveted in. It's not as easy as unscrewing something. And, with the kind of plastic used on Herc, you'd probably break it completely if you even try to remove the black shovel.
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353793)
Posted by Rated X on March 1st, 2012 @ 9:15am CST
PASS.

Crazy Devy won the battle.
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353804)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 1st, 2012 @ 9:31am CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Also, Heavy Labor's chest isn't purple either. If you must, just get a bit of paint and a tiny brush from a hobby store, it shouldn't set you back $10. Although, a little silver paint to Exgraver (and maybe Mad Blender) and you have a much more unifying theme.
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353840)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 1st, 2012 @ 10:40am CST
how much crap are people gonna make for this thing?
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353852)
Posted by Kibble on March 1st, 2012 @ 10:58am CST
Requiem Prime wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

People have taken them apart entirely to paint them properly and have successfully put them back together so it can be done. I would do that myself if I had any confidence in color matching and that the paint wouldn't scratch/rub/chip, but my customizing skills are minimal at best. And just the chest isn't good enough...I also want to get that black turd off Herc's shoulder as well as a purdy alt mode. Need that blade green! And if they want to do something creative to the chest side, great...I'd be happy w/ just green, though.
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353859)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 1st, 2012 @ 11:05am CST
Kibble wrote:
Requiem Prime wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Which isn't to say it'd be IMPOSSIBLE to release a new shovel. But it'd have to come with new arms and at least a part of the legs as well, and it'd probably be greatly overpriced for such a small change and I can't see anyone but TFC actually releasing it because it'd probably have to come with arms and legs already attached.
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353867)
Posted by Kibble on March 1st, 2012 @ 11:22am CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:You don't suppose they've just been careful not to paint the wrong areas instead of taking it all apart? It's riveted in, man. Maybe if they've gotten very good at disassembling it I can believe it, but for regular joes it is not going to come off.

Yes, I've seen the WIP pics of all the pieces taken apart as well as posts saying they took them apart to paint. And damn do they look good now!
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353877)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 1st, 2012 @ 11:40am CST
Kibble wrote:

Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1353922)
Posted by Kibble on March 1st, 2012 @ 1:45pm CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I've scratched up a TF by trying to remove a rivet, so I'm still skeptical that a "fix" is even possible for the average TF fan. It sounds to me like you should just pay one of them to repaint it for you instead of waiting for a fix that'll probably never happen.

Probably right...
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1354078)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 1st, 2012 @ 6:53pm CST
robotmel wrote::D
Dr. Wu....

Laugh my fornicating arse off! That's beautiful mate. Well struck.
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1354081)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 1st, 2012 @ 7:01pm CST
I see no need for this faceplate. Interesting how this piece does the opposite of what Face-Off did for Protector, i.e. the massive chin-strap.
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1354122)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 1st, 2012 @ 8:59pm CST
Hmm looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger. So he'd be Hercules, the Devasnator?
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1354143)
Posted by megatronus on March 1st, 2012 @ 9:39pm CST
At what point can we politely ask Dr. Wu to please leave?
Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules (1354158)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 1st, 2012 @ 10:17pm CST
megatronus wrote:At what point can we politely ask Dr. Wu to please leave?

Come now. Sure, he's really missing a few beats with these first releases, but look at how iGear started out. Hell, look at how TFC started out! Give it time, maybe he'll impress you.

I kinda like his Magnus face (the visor one).

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "The Transformers G1 Poster Soundwave VS Blaster Art Print Rare Tim Doyle mondo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TENTAKIL TT-GS08 Piranacon Seacons in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects OVERBITE TT-GS07 Piranacon Seacons in USA G1" on EBAY