English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime

Transformers News: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime

Sunday, February 10th, 2019 7:39AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 16,741

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to a tip off from fellow Seibertron user, -Kanrabat-, we now have an English language review of the hotly anticipated Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime! The review is done by fellow Seibertron user, PrimevPrime.

While only recently official revealed, the figure is already in the hands of some North American collectors. The toy is a stunning representation of Optimus Primes appearance in the very well recieved Transformers Bumblebee movie.

We have mirrored the video below for your convenience, please have a look and enjoy!



What do you think of this? Is he a must buy? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): -Kanrabat-, PrimevPrime from Seibertron
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009380)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 10th, 2019 @ 7:49am CST
This is one of the very few voyager that I won't hesitate to pay the full 46$CAN when I see it at retail.

Seriously.

Perfect looking in all modes, paint everywhere, absolutely no blatant hollow bits, and a very clever transformation. It's like a freaking MASTERPIECE. :shock:
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009410)
Posted by GeekyGamer Gal on February 10th, 2019 @ 9:46am CST
I wasn't expecting to want this OP, but man I was sold as soon as I saw the Golden Gate Bridge stage. My only complaint is that the scene display is too small.

I really think that this OP will replace my AOE evasion mode on my shelf for a modern update of a G1 design.

Immature humor warning:
Watching that transformation, wow, I think this is the first time Optimus can sniff his own crotch.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009444)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 10th, 2019 @ 12:57pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:This is one of the very few voyager that I won't hesitate to pay the full 46$CAN when I see it at retail.

Seriously.

Perfect looking in all modes, paint everywhere, absolutely no blatant hollow bits, and a very clever transformation. It's like a freaking MASTERPIECE. :shock:
Out of curiosity, why do you think it's perfect? Even though it looks better in the video than it did in pictures, I still think the lower torso and the legs are atrocious.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009454)
Posted by Deadput on February 10th, 2019 @ 1:21pm CST
Maybe it's because he might like the aesthetic or something?
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009458)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 10th, 2019 @ 1:37pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I still think the lower torso and the legs are atrocious.


Opinion I guess?
The lower torso is great because instead of just doing a cheat truck grill, it is it's own bot details showing robotic abs that is remicent of a grill without pretending to be. It's debatable whennever one like it or not but for me, I like it.

However, I don't see how the legs are "atrocious". They acheive the perfect G1 look while storing all the truck bits in a very efficient way.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009495)
Posted by carytheone on February 10th, 2019 @ 3:22pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:However, I don't see how the legs are "atrocious". They acheive the perfect G1 look while storing all the truck bits in a very efficient way.
Well he's not wearing the typical go-go space boots. I remember complaints about skinny thighs in another thread. The blue boot bit doesn't seem to go as high and from the knee down is the same thickness as the top of the leg. I think they look fine, but I can see why people would have a problem with them not looking like we're accustomed to.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009498)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 10th, 2019 @ 3:31pm CST
carytheone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:However, I don't see how the legs are "atrocious". They acheive the perfect G1 look while storing all the truck bits in a very efficient way.
Well he's not wearing the typical go-go space boots. I remember complaints about skinny thighs in another thread. The blue boot bit doesn't seem to go as high and from the knee down is the same thickness as the top of the leg. I think they look fine, but I can see why people would have a problem with them not looking like we're accustomed to.


Oh, so that's why I find those legs perfectly fine. They are more human proportioned than usual. A TF trope that is a nessecity but I don't really like are the huge lower legs with micro thighs. This Optimus have more "normal" looking legs. Furthermore I found it a genius move to see the truck bits integrate like the gaz canissers in the thighs.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009503)
Posted by carytheone on February 10th, 2019 @ 3:59pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
carytheone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:However, I don't see how the legs are "atrocious". They acheive the perfect G1 look while storing all the truck bits in a very efficient way.
Well he's not wearing the typical go-go space boots. I remember complaints about skinny thighs in another thread. The blue boot bit doesn't seem to go as high and from the knee down is the same thickness as the top of the leg. I think they look fine, but I can see why people would have a problem with them not looking like we're accustomed to.
Oh, so that's why I find those legs perfectly fine. They are more human proportioned than usual. A TF trope that is a nessecity but I don't really like are the huge lower legs with micro thighs. This Optimus have more "normal" looking legs. Furthermore I found it a genius move to see the truck bits integrate like the gaz canissers in the thighs.
Some people like snails - some people like oysters - I like both - it's a matter of taste.

Fortunately the option to not buy is still valid.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009554)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 10th, 2019 @ 7:32pm CST
Yes, I got that it's your opinion, I was just wondering why you have that opinion, that's all. I'm trying to understand why most of the fandom is fainting over this figure. I don't see it, to me it's mediocre at best. I'm trying to look at it from a different perspective.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009561)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 10th, 2019 @ 8:43pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yes, I got that it's your opinion, I was just wondering why you have that opinion, that's all. I'm trying to understand why most of the fandom is fainting over this figure. I don't see it, to me it's mediocre at best. I'm trying to look at it from a different perspective.

For me, it's the closest they have ever come to making what I envisioned a movie Prime should look like way back in the beginning if the movieverse. That's the best I can say. It looks more like Optimus than any other movie Optimus has.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009597)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 11th, 2019 @ 1:36am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yes, I got that it's your opinion, I was just wondering why you have that opinion, that's all. I'm trying to understand why most of the fandom is fainting over this figure. I don't see it, to me it's mediocre at best. I'm trying to look at it from a different perspective.

For me, it's the closest they have ever come to making what I envisioned a movie Prime should look like way back in the beginning if the movieverse. That's the best I can say. It looks more like Optimus than any other movie Optimus has.
I see. In that vain, I agree that they nailed the truck mode. For me the robot mode still leaves something to be desired. As far as G1 aesthetic is concerned, I thought they got the Evasion Mode version closer to what G1 Prime would look like in live action. I guess if there's a sequel to the Bee movie maybe we'll see more if this Prime.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009614)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on February 11th, 2019 @ 6:20am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yes, I got that it's your opinion, I was just wondering why you have that opinion, that's all. I'm trying to understand why most of the fandom is fainting over this figure. I don't see it, to me it's mediocre at best. I'm trying to look at it from a different perspective.

For me, it's the closest they have ever come to making what I envisioned a movie Prime should look like way back in the beginning if the movieverse. That's the best I can say. It looks more like Optimus than any other movie Optimus has.
I see. In that vain, I agree that they nailed the truck mode. For me the robot mode still leaves something to be desired. As far as G1 aesthetic is concerned, I thought they got the Evasion Mode version closer to what G1 Prime would look like in live action. I guess if there's a sequel to the Bee movie maybe we'll see more if this Prime.


How so? I can understand if Evasion Mode Optimus is how you prefer G1 Optimus to be interpreted in live action, but whether or not you think it's a good execution of it, Bumblebee Movie Optimus is a more direct translation of the G1 design into live action.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009677)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 11th, 2019 @ 12:10pm CST
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yes, I got that it's your opinion, I was just wondering why you have that opinion, that's all. I'm trying to understand why most of the fandom is fainting over this figure. I don't see it, to me it's mediocre at best. I'm trying to look at it from a different perspective.

For me, it's the closest they have ever come to making what I envisioned a movie Prime should look like way back in the beginning if the movieverse. That's the best I can say. It looks more like Optimus than any other movie Optimus has.
I see. In that vain, I agree that they nailed the truck mode. For me the robot mode still leaves something to be desired. As far as G1 aesthetic is concerned, I thought they got the Evasion Mode version closer to what G1 Prime would look like in live action. I guess if there's a sequel to the Bee movie maybe we'll see more if this Prime.


How so? I can understand if Evasion Mode Optimus is how you prefer G1 Optimus to be interpreted in live action, but whether or not you think it's a good execution of it, Bumblebee Movie Optimus is a more direct translation of the G1 design into live action.
I disagree. The Bee Prime looks like an unfinished version of G1 Prime.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009737)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on February 11th, 2019 @ 4:37pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yes, I got that it's your opinion, I was just wondering why you have that opinion, that's all. I'm trying to understand why most of the fandom is fainting over this figure. I don't see it, to me it's mediocre at best. I'm trying to look at it from a different perspective.

For me, it's the closest they have ever come to making what I envisioned a movie Prime should look like way back in the beginning if the movieverse. That's the best I can say. It looks more like Optimus than any other movie Optimus has.
I see. In that vain, I agree that they nailed the truck mode. For me the robot mode still leaves something to be desired. As far as G1 aesthetic is concerned, I thought they got the Evasion Mode version closer to what G1 Prime would look like in live action. I guess if there's a sequel to the Bee movie maybe we'll see more if this Prime.


How so? I can understand if Evasion Mode Optimus is how you prefer G1 Optimus to be interpreted in live action, but whether or not you think it's a good execution of it, Bumblebee Movie Optimus is a more direct translation of the G1 design into live action.
I disagree. The Bee Prime looks like an unfinished version of G1 Prime.


But it still fundamentally looks like G1 Prime, even if "unfinished", right? It matches the silhouette, lines, shapes, and broad details of the original G1 design, even if finer details are different, while Evasion Mode Optimus takes more liberties with those elements. Again, I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009760)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 11th, 2019 @ 6:50pm CST
Hmm, torn on what to do with this Prime. I will get him, but he really won't go with my movie collection. Maybe he'll just be my voyager Prime for my Generations shelf.

I know a bunch of fans are happy with this design, but this ain't my design. the OG movie Prime looks so much better than this, I enjoy it more. This one will make a nice replacement for not getting a Siege voyager while still supporting "my G1" that I love
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009767)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 11th, 2019 @ 7:01pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Hmm, torn on what to do with this Prime. I will get him, but he really won't go with my movie collection. Maybe he'll just be my voyager Prime for my Generations shelf.




I don't see this Optimus as a "Movie Prime" at all either. Just a "more realistic" Generations Optimus. He'll stand proud with my Classic, TR "Action Master", Cybertronian WFC, and other miscellaneous Optimusses.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009796)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 11th, 2019 @ 8:35pm CST
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
I'm willing to concede that point, because I can see that that's what the intention was. But the figure is not finished, if they were going for G1 Prime. G1 Prime had a grille and legs and feet that were bulkier than the skeleton this figure is standing on. It's like his entire lower half was left undone. Ironically, the Siege voyager got it right in reverse. Near perfect robot mode, garbage truck mode. But that's going off topic. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009880)
Posted by Deadput on February 12th, 2019 @ 8:35am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
I'm willing to concede that point, because I can see that that's what the intention was. But the figure is not finished, if they were going for G1 Prime. G1 Prime had a grille and legs and feet that were bulkier than the skeleton this figure is standing on. It's like his entire lower half was left undone. Ironically, the Siege voyager got it right in reverse. Near perfect robot mode, garbage truck mode. But that's going off topic. :oops: :oops: :oops:


It's literally the design from the movie which was a Cybertronian form, he so happens to transform into the truck from the end of the movie.

He wouldn't have the grill or any other main truck parts.
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009901)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 12th, 2019 @ 9:48am CST
Deadput wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
I'm willing to concede that point, because I can see that that's what the intention was. But the figure is not finished, if they were going for G1 Prime. G1 Prime had a grille and legs and feet that were bulkier than the skeleton this figure is standing on. It's like his entire lower half was left undone. Ironically, the Siege voyager got it right in reverse. Near perfect robot mode, garbage truck mode. But that's going off topic. :oops: :oops: :oops:


It's literally the design from the movie which was a Cybertronian form, he so happens to transform into the truck from the end of the movie.

He wouldn't have the grill or any other main truck parts.

I think he knows where the design is from, I think he just doesn't like it which is his own opinion. We don't all have to like something afterall :)
Re: English Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2009964)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 12th, 2019 @ 4:39pm CST
Deadput wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
I'm willing to concede that point, because I can see that that's what the intention was. But the figure is not finished, if they were going for G1 Prime. G1 Prime had a grille and legs and feet that were bulkier than the skeleton this figure is standing on. It's like his entire lower half was left undone. Ironically, the Siege voyager got it right in reverse. Near perfect robot mode, garbage truck mode. But that's going off topic. :oops: :oops: :oops:


It's literally the design from the movie which was a Cybertronian form, he so happens to transform into the truck from the end of the movie.

He wouldn't have the grill or any other main truck parts.

I agree with Rodimus here.

See, the legs on this Prime needed some bulk. He just looks a bit too skinny, like Animated Rodimus, except not a banging awesome. It doesn't work for a gritty realistic Prime.

I also agree the stomach area looks like a black hole. The other movie primes had abs and stuff, this one sort of just has a black blot there

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #217 - Toy Fair 2019
Twincast / Podcast #217:
"Toy Fair 2019"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, February 18th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Combiner Wars Ironhide Transformers Deluxe 2015 CW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BLOWPIPE & TRIGGERHAPPY New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return MONXO & WOLFWIRE figure boy toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl Police Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive Cloudraker and Wingspan MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class WOLFWIRE Weird Wolf Loose Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher Complete" on EBAY