Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade

Transformers News: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade

Thursday, March 28th, 2019 9:55AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News, Contests
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,826

Studio Series Barricade was spotted in the US two months ago and yet there is an aspect that has gone under the radar. Behind the toy, near the Ford licence, we have a bilingual contest where everyone gets a prize for having purchased an officially licensed Ford product. It is unknown what the variety of prizes are but you will at least get a wallpaper for your mobile phone. The one I received was of a Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Secca (a car I didn't know existed until now), which you can see below. The QR scanning can be wonky so if you have an issue you can simply visit the website www.vmp.mobi/ford on your mobile and enter the 2 codes found under the QC code for your prize.

So far we know it is available in the US an Canada. Let us know if it works for other countries and what your prizes are!

Transformers News: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade

Transformers News: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade

Transformers News: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade

Transformers News: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016253)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on March 28th, 2019 @ 10:05am CDT
dang, totally did not notice that on mine, I may have already tossed the box. yes, I'm one of THOSE people.
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016256)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2019 @ 10:10am CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:dang, totally did not notice that on mine

I feel you are not the only one, hence why I wanted to news this.
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016277)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 28th, 2019 @ 2:36pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:dang, totally did not notice that on mine

I feel you are not the only one, hence why I wanted to news this.

Ironically, I saw it the moment I held it in store, but I didn't think it was news worthy or that a lot of folks didn't know about it.

Has anyone taken part though? I did, but I didn't get anything :-?
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016280)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2019 @ 2:42pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:dang, totally did not notice that on mine

I feel you are not the only one, hence why I wanted to news this.

Has anyone taken part though? I did, but I didn't get anything :-?

You didnt get anything? Not even a screen backdrop? I thought everyone was a winner, that's what they say.
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016282)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 28th, 2019 @ 2:48pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:dang, totally did not notice that on mine

I feel you are not the only one, hence why I wanted to news this.

Has anyone taken part though? I did, but I didn't get anything :-?

I tried it just for fun. I didn't get anything, but that doesn't bother me at all. Woulda liked a wallpaper of the new Mustang though
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016285)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 28th, 2019 @ 2:54pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Barricade is ok but he doesnt close well. These much smaller toys remind me a lot of Deluxe Galvatron where they just try to squeeze so much into a smaller scale. I would have much preffered they did a unified scale but using the already existing scale of the previous leader class toys (like leader Sentinel) as a basis. Then there would be more room for what they are trying to do.

william-james88 wrote:I much preffer this clunker Bee over the original. that pin makes a world of difference.

It really does. My personal rating on that mold jumped from a 6/10 to a 9/10 JUST based on that small change in assembly. It's still way too tricky to get the hood to fold down between the bumper parts when going to car mode, though.
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016293)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 28th, 2019 @ 3:37pm CDT
We reported a while back that a listing for Transformers: Studio Series SS-31 Voyager Class Battle Damaged Revenge of the Fallen Megatron (Whew, what a mouthful!) had been found on the United States Target.com website. At the time, this special edition of the Revenge of the Fallen Megatron figure, featuring a resculpted head and scorch-mark paint applications, was not available to purchase or pre-order quite yet. That's changed now as Seibertron.com user bounti76 was able to order SS-31 Megatron from Target.com as of last night (Wednesday, March 27, 2019)! It's important to note that, as of the time of publishing this article, the Target.com listing for SS-31 Megatron again has his listed as "Temporarily Out of Stock" for online ordering, so you may need to keep checking back frequently. Luckily enough, if you want your Battle Damaged Megatron sooner rather than later, he is available in select Target stores now too! Check with Target.com to see if SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron is available in one of your local stores! A lucky fan named Grimlock25 over on http://www.tfw2005.com found one about a week ago at a Target store in Largo, Florida, USA! Take a look at this photographic evidence provided by Grimlock25 below, along with some nice stock photography of this highly anticipated figure for the Studio Series line!

Will you be picking up Battle Damaged Megatron any time soon? Had you passed on the first release in favor of a redeco down the line? Are you impressed enough to double-dip on this figure if you picked up the regular SS-13 Voyager Class Megatron earlier? Tell us what you think in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016297)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 28th, 2019 @ 3:52pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

I've read that some people have had issues with the clear plastic on Barricade breaking. Has anyone here experienced that? I do want to get SS Barricade but not if he's going to break.
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016304)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 28th, 2019 @ 4:20pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

I think the clear plastic ball joint cracked on mine. There is a straight line going right through it, and I don't know if it is a crack or an intended thing. It is really a tight fit and really hard to get everything lined up
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016306)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 28th, 2019 @ 4:24pm CDT
I actually just saw the SS-31 in a Target near me. It looks nice, but I don't think it's a big enough difference for me to buy it
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016313)
Posted by cruizerdave on March 28th, 2019 @ 5:24pm CDT
While that looks nice, what I want is an S550 Mustang Transformer. Please make it race red, GT performance pack.
Thanks Hasbro.

Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016314)
Posted by Gemstonegemini on March 28th, 2019 @ 5:25pm CDT
And now, SS32 has joined my growing Legion of Primes. This guy was mainly a curiosity, I wanted to see how he differed from SS05. Yeah, he's pretty good. I like him a lot and I'm happy I got him, he differs enough from the first release that he feels like a new figure. He's a great Voyager and has a lot going on, and I think it's pretty clever the new ways they figured out to make everything fold around to give him a better proportioned robot mode. After a few days of fiddling with him, I only have three issues that are even worth mentioning.

First, and lease important, his gun feels a little small, nd I wish it was able to tab properly onto his trailer hitch or something, rather than awkwardly sticking off the nose or cab. The way th sword store on SS05 was better IMO.
Second, while I much prefer the paint and colours of this one, SS32's alt mode doesn't seem to tab together quite as well as SS05. In particular, the front wheels love to hang loose if I pick him up. Lastly, and I'm cheating a little bit here, his Instructions are terrible! I could barely figure out what I was supposed to be doing, and this is the first time I've had to look up a video just to see how to transform him. Seriously, what was wrong with the old Classics/Unicron Trilogy style instructions? >:oP
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016316)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 28th, 2019 @ 5:32pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Barricade can close up nice and tight. He just takes a bit of finesse to get EVERYTHING in just the right spot, but it can be done. I had a lot easier time getting Barricade lined up than say, VW Bumblebee, which is still a nightmare for me to perfect transforming. My only issue with Barricade is that one of his black rubber wings came bent right out of the package. I haven't had time yet to fix it with a hairdryer.

You know, I've heard this time and again whenever a Transformers figure comes out that has a lot of painted over clear plastic, and I've honestly never had a problem with any of them, not even a little hairline crack, let alone a major joint breaking. If you're careful with your figures, you should be fine, honestly.

Gemstonegemini wrote:Second, while I much prefer the paint and colours of this one, SS32's alt mode doesn't seem to tab together quite as well as SS05. In particular, the front wheels love to hang loose if I pick him up.

I know what you mean about the front cab wheels. They actually do tab in pretty solidly, but you have to make sure everything else is lined up exactly right. The tolerances are very strict for whatever reason. If anything is even a hair off, the wheel assemblies won't tab securely to the rest of the cab's wheel well structure, and they'll flop down rather easily. On my copy, one side was easier to get lined up and tabbed in than the other too.
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016329)
Posted by Ravage2031 on March 28th, 2019 @ 6:37pm CDT
Managed to have him shipped to store on the 20th and arrived today. Can't wait to pick him up tomorrow. Hopefully they restocked too.
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016357)
Posted by Seibertron on March 29th, 2019 @ 1:01am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

PLEASE DO NOT USE A HAIR DRYER ON YOUR TRANSFORMERS! The heat from a hair dryer can get to melting point. If you need to fix bent rubber or soft plastic pieces, use boiling water which is not hot enough to melt plastic. If you do need to use a hair dryer, please use with extreme caution. Boiling water is preferred in this scenario.
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016358)
Posted by Seibertron on March 29th, 2019 @ 1:06am CDT
I bought SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron tonight. It looks much better with paint apps on it than previous version. However, the paint scheme on mine looks NO WHERE near as good as the stock photos. Mine looks less like paint apps and more like someone making random swipes with a paint brush (in particular on his legs). The one I bought is the only one I've seen in the wild so I'll be keeping my eyes out for others to see if the paint apps are better on other ones.
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016380)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 29th, 2019 @ 10:39am CDT
FXRuTdX.jpg

The new SS Long Haul looks good, even makes the old ROTF Voyager look like it's wearing skinny jeans :lol:

Source: https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/03/29/tra ... age-386196

Note: the actual original source is on Facebook, but somehow Facebook won't let me put a link so I had to put the next best thing ;)
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016384)
Posted by Ig89ninja on March 29th, 2019 @ 12:42pm CDT
Man, SS Long Haul looks like he needs to go on a diet!
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016386)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 29th, 2019 @ 1:02pm CDT
Long Haul looks like he walked right off the screen! I didn’t have any plans of getting him but I think I do now, he looks great!
Re: Everyone is a Winner with Ford and Studio Series Barricade (2016420)
Posted by CobraLaLaLaLaLa on March 29th, 2019 @ 5:14pm CDT
I bought 2 of these in store on 03/20... no way to add screen shots or pics in toy sightings section though. I guess now that they’re everywhere I can return them since I didn’t get them up for sale soon enough. :(

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Ironhide Sealed NEW - Genuine Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus missing Vortex w/ Shockwave Legends Gun" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Classics Generations Universe Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Wheelie - RC Truck - Revenge Of The Fallen - Legends Figure" on EBAY
Buy "** 2005 - TRANSFORMERS Cybertron Buzzsaw Deluxe Class - MOSC **" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG56 Perceptor Robot Figure Toy New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG46 Targetmaster Char Kup Robot Toy Figure" on EBAY