Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead

Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead

Tuesday, September 14th, 2010 12:46am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 42,191

Many Transformers fans have been patiently waiting for the latest add-ons from third party HeadRobots. Their second product is Hothead, upgrades for both Universe Hardhead and Generation One Hardhead. A member over at Cybertron.ca by the name of Solscud007, received a pre-production sample of the set and was kind enough to share photos with us. In the pictures, you'll see that the set comes with the Headmaster, two rifles, one cannon, a G1 neck adapter, and two parts of the so-called 'Wonder Backpack'. In the photos you'll find that the add-ons are seemingly easy to assemble onto both Hardheads. Check it out below!

You'll find more images over at Cybertron.ca

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Cybertron.ca member Solscud007

Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124558)
Posted by Mkall on September 14th, 2010 @ 1:15am CDT
Hubba hubba
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124577)
Posted by TimPilot on September 14th, 2010 @ 2:45am CDT
Holy Primus!!! :x
I'm so happy I ordered two of this set. My headless G1 Hardhead will look soooo good :D
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124592)
Posted by Stockade on September 14th, 2010 @ 4:22am CDT
I really like this set! the more i see it, the more i cant wait for it, but one question still ponders me and that is will the new head have see-thru or a light up visor when pressing HardHead gimmick button? I mean if it doesnt no sweat off of my brow, but if it did, hats off to this company.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124594)
Posted by Gripen1974 on September 14th, 2010 @ 4:28am CDT
I hope they make a recolour of this set so it could be used by henkei Onslaught or the classic Onslaught.

I would buy that one in no time to fill out my deception shelf.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124611)
Posted by The Legend on September 14th, 2010 @ 6:09am CDT
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124614)
Posted by Forgotten on September 14th, 2010 @ 6:11am CDT
Looks great. I remember them saying that they had plans to do a repaint to match Onslaught, and I also THINK I remember them saying that since the LED is in the chest of Hardhead/Onslaught that the light up visor trick was going to work with Hothead.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124631)
Posted by DTR69 on September 14th, 2010 @ 7:33am CDT
The Legend wrote:I won't be getting one since I can't find Uni Hardhead but, still, it looks good. Seems they cheaped out on the arms though, they are both molded as right arms.

Well spotted, I doubt they would of saved much by doing so as those parts were probaly all molded at the same time, it's more likely that the person who assembled this one picked up 2 right arms by mistake.

Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124637)
Posted by Solscud007 on September 14th, 2010 @ 8:04am CDT
You are correct. The QA missed the fact that it was assembled with two right arms. I have since brought up the issue with them.

Sorry I should have taken a picture to illustrate, YES the Blue visor is transparent and the head is designed so that the LED in the neck will show thru the visor. However, the LED is red and the visor is blue. Nothing we could do about that.

hopefully, if Hothead Duro-5 sells well, there will be monies to fund an onslaught. The design has already been worked out. New face plate, not just a simple recolor, and new accessories are planned. But that is way off into the future. Who know what will happen.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124639)
Posted by Solscud007 on September 14th, 2010 @ 8:08am CDT
DTR69 wrote:Compared to what else is being released, I can't see a great improvement over the original, I would of hoped for a tad more articulation and beter sculpting. Still it does make me want Classics Hard Head now, Has Tak will be better off letting the third Parties continue, tehy make me buy stuff I other wise would leave on the sehelves.

you are a hard guy to please. there is a lot more articulation. ball jointed shoulders and hips. Independent legs, when compared to the G1 where the legs were pinned together at the knees. Better sculpt? how? Its just some guns and a little guy that turns into a head.

Why dont you make something yourself. Design it, prototype it, and actually manufacture it and then see how well it goes.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124644)
Posted by DTR69 on September 14th, 2010 @ 8:27am CDT
Solscud007 wrote:

Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124645)
Posted by City Commander on September 14th, 2010 @ 8:28am CDT
Solscud007 wrote:

I'd ignore him if I were you, he complains about alot of great stuff that everyone else seems to love.

I'd get this. But sadly, Hardhead is a bitch to find ANYWHERE.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124648)
Posted by Solscud007 on September 14th, 2010 @ 8:31am CDT
City Commander wrote:

I'd get this. But sadly, Hardhead is a bitch to find ANYWHERE.

I managed to pick up two hardheads. one MISB and one MIB. willing to trade one for a punch counter punch. long shot but gotta try.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124649)
Posted by Solscud007 on September 14th, 2010 @ 8:34am CDT
DTR69 wrote: I'm just saying compared to what other's are dishing out I expect a little more now. I still think it makes a figure that I would of otherise ignored, now on my wishlist. Yeah maybe I am beeing a bit unapreciative, but you got to admit the standards have ben raised alot recently.

only one company has exceeded expectations and that is Fansproject.

Everything else is bantha poodoo. Albeit an occasional exception. Most stuff is overly designed for no good reason, or plain poor engineered in the design.

also in defense of the design, It does try to cover both G1 and Universe/Classics. Not a simple thing to accomplish in designing the aesthetics as well as the engineering.

If you make it too much like G1, it doesnt work with Classics and vice versa.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124658)
Posted by City Commander on September 14th, 2010 @ 8:58am CDT
Solscud007 wrote:
City Commander wrote:

I'd get this. But sadly, Hardhead is a bitch to find ANYWHERE.

Wish I had a P/CP to trade! Best of luck with your hunt mate.

I think a good job has been done with this kit.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124666)
Posted by DTR69 on September 14th, 2010 @ 9:24am CDT
Solscud007 wrote:

only one company has exceeded expectations and that is Fansproject.

If you make it too much like G1, it doesnt work with Classics and vice versa.

Not just igear, did you not see nova prime, and what about all of igar's stuff, also the mp devastator, all the renditions of arcee including the headmaster version. And I still think it's good, I'm just saying I have been so impressed recently with what others have delivered, I just don't get the same wow factor with this, that's all. I'm still greatfull that people go out of there way to fix what should of been done in the first place, and it is probaly better than what hasbro would of given us.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124670)
Posted by DTR69 on September 14th, 2010 @ 9:31am CDT
City Commander wrote:
Solscud007 wrote:

I'd get this. But sadly, Hardhead is a bitch to find ANYWHERE.

What's your problem, are you some kind of cyber bully telling others what to do. If you read what I said, I'm only pointing out pros and cons. I'm impressed by alot of stuff out there and that's my point. Just because I don't agree with the majority doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Your statement is totaly faulse and rude, You are basicaly ordering someone to ignore someone else becuase they have a different opinion from others and the opinion which you said I have is faulse to start with. You need to fix up.

Anyone else who has a problem with what I say PM me as I'm not going to get drawn it yet more arguments in the public domain just becuase I have an opinion, 99% of the time others are then distorting it or taking one thing I've said to start a pointless argument, it detracts from the thread and isn't fair on others and myself.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124698)
Posted by Slayershoop on September 14th, 2010 @ 11:24am CDT
DTR69 wrote:
City Commander wrote:
Solscud007 wrote:

I'd get this. But sadly, Hardhead is a bitch to find ANYWHERE.

To be fair, I just looked at all of your posts, and everything you say is pretty damn negative. I can see why some people would have a problem with your posts.

I nor anyone else is saying that you are not entitled to an opinion, it's just the method in which you do so that people find questionable.

You seem to disagree with everyone, that's fine, but it looks like you attack others opinions quite a lot.

Look, if you didn't come across so badly, you wouldn't have to constantly defend yourself. From the looks of it, you have to all the time.

One time is not an indication, but pretty much every time is.

Look, I'm not taking a shot at you or anything, but you need to calm down and take an objective look at your posts, that's all.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124712)
Posted by DTR69 on September 14th, 2010 @ 11:59am CDT
Slayershoop wrote:
DTR69 wrote:
City Commander wrote:
Solscud007 wrote:

I'd get this. But sadly, Hardhead is a bitch to find ANYWHERE.

One time is not an indication, but pretty much every time is.

I will take on board what you have said. I try not to offend anyone when I am disagreeing with there opinion and I try to give a balanced opinion, I look for the good and bad in everything. If you could PM and show me an incident where you feel my method is what's causing the problem please do, becuase at the moment I feel it's a personal vendetta against me, as each attack is personal against me, when I have not attacked anyone on a personal level. What's worse is when I defend myself I am then attacked for that.
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124714)
Posted by Slayershoop on September 14th, 2010 @ 12:12pm CDT
DTR69 wrote:Yes I do have some negative opinions, but everything I have given a negative opinion on are mostly items such as this that I do actualy like. I thought I was quite clear in saying that all though I feel it's not as impressive as I imagined it could be rar rar rar.. that I still think it's a good product. And that I am very impressed with what is on offer at the moment. Aswel as some very jaw droppping products, there are equally extremly questionable designs and decisions made on products that ae currently available.

That's part of my point, why have a negative opinion on something you like? Is everything not quite good enough?

Like I said, if you are constantly defending yourself, it may be an indication of something.

Granted, CC's response was not the best, but both sides could have handled it better.

Try not to take things so personally, this is the internet after all :P
Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead (1124722)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on September 14th, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT
Slayershoop wrote:
Try not to take things so personally, this is the internet after all :P

Wish I had gotten Hardhead when I had the chance.

I seem to be saying that about a lot of TFs lately...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Quintesson Judge Transformers WFC Earthrise ORIGINAL PACKAGING" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction One-Step Changer GALVATRON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "NEW GRIMLOCK Evolution 2-Pack Transformers Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro AOE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY