Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game

Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game

Tuesday, June 5th, 2007 7:44pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Game News, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 67,953

Our friends at Glu were kind enough send us a fact sheet for their Transformers video game for mobile phones based on the Transformers Movie. Include are some screen shot of the game as well:

Fact Sheet
04/11/2007

Title: TRANSFORMERS ™
Genre: Action
Target Audience: M/F, 22-34
Launch: June 4, 2007
Territories: Worldwide

Positioning: Fight as Optimus Prime on your phone

Description:
Take command of your phone and help the Autobots find the Allspark, a source of energy hidden on Earth. Fight as Optimus Prime and change from vehicle to robot and back again with special weapons capabilities. Battle the evil Decepticons across multiple levels and enlist the help of other Autobots as you race to claim the ultimate source of power for all TRANSFORMERS.

Features
• Play as Optimus Prime and convert from vehicle to robot with special weapons
• Battle Decepticons across multiple levels as you search for the Allspark
• Locate Ironhide, Jazz, and Ratchet to aid Optimus in the fight
• A unique and robust combat system never seen before on mobile

Legal:
HASBRO and its logo, TRANSFORMERS, the logo and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2007 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. © 2007 DreamWorks LLC and Paramount Pictures Corporation.

Credit(s): Glu

Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150535)
Posted by Autobobby1 on June 5th, 2007 @ 8:00pm CDT
Wow. Cool. I wish I had a cell phone. Then I could play this game and beat up all of the Decepticons, and I'd be all like "Autobots, transform and roll out!" And then everything would explode and I would go in there guns blazing and it would be all p-shoo! p-shoo!, and then I'd get a call and my Super Mario Bros. ringtone...no, scratch that...Megaman 3 ringtone would start playing and I'd say "'sup?" and...whoa, I got kind of carried away there.

Anyway, somebody needs to rip those sprites. There's a cell phone game emulator out there, too.
Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150536)
Posted by Cumulus on June 5th, 2007 @ 8:01pm CDT
Not bad. Kinda cool.
Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150542)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 5th, 2007 @ 8:05pm CDT
That looks so SNES, it's awesome.
Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150543)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 5th, 2007 @ 8:06pm CDT
Wish my phone could still download things. Hell i have verizon so i doubt i could download it anyway.
Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150573)
Posted by Robinson on June 5th, 2007 @ 8:25pm CDT
It's only on cingular
Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150602)
Posted by AlphaCentauron on June 5th, 2007 @ 8:55pm CDT
I don't get why these games only are offered from a specific carrier. The website doesn't even tell you which phones it works on. Since it's J2ME-based, it should work on pretty much any CPU/graphics-capable phone that supports it. Just let us buy the JAR file!
Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150603)
Posted by dragons on June 5th, 2007 @ 8:57pm CDT
didnt someone else post this some time ago if not i must have seen this on another site.?
Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150737)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 5th, 2007 @ 10:51pm CDT
Chris™ wrote:It's only on cingular

Sweet im swiching over to cingular.
Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150757)
Posted by D-340 on June 5th, 2007 @ 11:15pm CDT
Chris™ wrote:It's only on cingular

DAMMIT! :-x I got Verizon, and Cingular sucked for me, so I refuse to go with them anymore. BAH!!!
Re: Fact Sheet and Screen Shots of Glu's Transformers Mobile Phone Game (150804)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:16am CDT
D-340 wrote:
Chris™ wrote:It's only on cingular

I'm not a Cingular... I mean AT&T fan at all. It could be because my Dad works for Verizon (in the offices, not the stores), but who knows.... :P

Way to cut your profits in half Glu! Get everyone excited and then blow it!

All that aside, I have to admit that I find the target audience ages interesting, though it does make sense when you think about it.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
"Planet of Junk"
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Sideswipe Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Stomp And Chomp 20" Grimlock Dinosaur Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots AOE Dinofire Grimlock & Optimus Prime NIB" on EBAY
Buy "2015 TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE 30TH PLATINUM EDITION ONE SHALL STAND ONE SHALL FALL" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Mr. Potato Head - Bumble Spud" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 15BB Buzzworthy Bumblebee Hasbro Studio Series Sealed/New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mini Mixable Mashable Transformers Hightide Loose Figure nice" on EBAY