Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed?

Transformers News: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed?

Monday, May 17th, 2010 7:06AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Collectables, Store News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 61,469

In an e-mail update to its shoppers, UK online retailer KAPOW toys is reporting that the two Energon/Universe Bruticus Maximus upgrades, Crossfire XF-02A Explorer with Combat Unit Appendage Kit, Crossfire XF-02B Munitioner with Combat Unit Appendage Kit, would be delayed, with a new release date set for July 2010.

The Fans Project created sets were expected to be shipping this month to online retailers.

Good and bad news I suppose. Longer to save for the expensive sets. But these sets are in the top five of most collector's 'MUST HAVE' lists, so waiting longer for them is a bit disappointing.

Other online retailers to this point, have not updated their expected delivery dates, although unlikely, perhaps this delay is only effecting KAPOW? Or is it for all online stores?

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com, as we let you know more as more facts are known about this story.

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News
Credit(s): KAPOW Toys E-mail Update to subscribers/shoppers

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075213)
Posted by El Duque on May 17th, 2010 @ 7:23am CDT
Well that sucks! On the brite side I've got a bunch of pre-orders about to hit so the delay will help in that respect. Hopefully they will be released at the same time.
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075217)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 17th, 2010 @ 7:44am CDT
I'm in no hurry to not be able to display another awesome FansProject piece.
:BOT:
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075218)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 17th, 2010 @ 7:49am CDT
Yes more time to have the money ready!
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075222)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 17th, 2010 @ 8:01am CDT
Boo! I've set aside money since this stuff was announced!
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075225)
Posted by Ironhide516 on May 17th, 2010 @ 8:15am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Yes more time to have the money ready!

Same here. My birthday's in July so hoping to get some B-day cash to put towards this. :D
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075229)
Posted by Mkall on May 17th, 2010 @ 8:29am CDT
Can't say I'm too surprised. But I'm more than willing to wait for the awesomeness
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075232)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 17th, 2010 @ 8:35am CDT
One word if true:

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075235)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 17th, 2010 @ 8:47am CDT
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075238)
Posted by --B-- on May 17th, 2010 @ 8:58am CDT
If it get's delayed too much I may be able to ship with Headrobots Hardhead too!
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075252)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 17th, 2010 @ 9:26am CDT

Damn it. I have a Universe Bruticus with two empty limbs (they are being used for customs) just waiting for these guys. Another couple of months is going to be torture.
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075253)
Posted by Ravage XK on May 17th, 2010 @ 9:29am CDT
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075257)
Posted by Stockade on May 17th, 2010 @ 9:35am CDT
Actually to tell you guys the truth im glad its delayed, cause i need to save up some money for some minor car repair and the extra $100 will come in handy. And if the car repair is under a $100, then ill get some G1 Re-issues... Who knows, maybe it will be delay again until august... hope not, but it could happen...
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075261)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 17th, 2010 @ 9:38am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:The more I see of this set the more annoyed I am that I cannot find the Bruticus set. Seems that nowhere in the UK has it!

I know how you feel Ravage, I managed to get one preordered on BigBadToyStore before they sold out. The picures attached to the post don't make it any easier. Regular Bruticus sucks in comparison.
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075266)
Posted by zodconvoy on May 17th, 2010 @ 9:47am CDT
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075293)
Posted by Kibble on May 17th, 2010 @ 11:06am CDT
NOOOO!!!!!!

I was hoping to ship these with Alternity Starscream. I don't want to sit on him in my POL for 2+ months.
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075295)
Posted by It Is Him on May 17th, 2010 @ 11:11am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:That's great and sucks at the same time. Great because I'm moving soon and don't have the cash. Sucks because it may get shipped to the wrong house! I've already got to worry about Dion and P/CP from the club but throw in two Munitioneers, an Explorer and Defender and the rest of my PoL? Nearly enough to make me put off moving for a few months! :BANG_HEAD:

If you have to move, you gotta do it sometime. 8)

That's a good point to update your address with TFClub. I'm moving a week or two after Botcon, and I'll be damned if some punk ass 5-year-old gets my Dion by mistake.
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075300)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 17th, 2010 @ 11:33am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:I recently sent a message to TFSource on facebook asking if they had a more specific release date. They replied "Unless things change... right now FP said they won't be out until after Botcon."

Why, are they waiting for Hasbro to shut them down? :BANG_HEAD:

Or maybe it's because of the recent shipping delays out of China?

The worst part of this is my Defender is still sitting in my PoL because I was waiting for these. Man. This is going to be a LONG 2 months with no new TFs. We still haven't seen the last wave of ROTF or the Animated Exclusives in TRUs around here... if it's taking them this long to get those, how long are we going to have to wait for the new lines? Augh, the wait is killing me!
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075302)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 17th, 2010 @ 11:35am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:i have nooo problems waiting. i just know that these delays are because they just want their best product out. and if they don't think its ready, then waiting is a non-issue for me. buut it does make me wanna ship my pile o loot now so i can have defender in my hands!

I think I'm going to ship mine now.
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075305)
Posted by Blurrz on May 17th, 2010 @ 11:38am CDT
Boo Hiss!
Re: Fans Project Universe Bruticus Crossfire Upgrades Delayed? (1075308)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 17th, 2010 @ 11:44am CDT
Well, I'm okay with this, actually. I just bought a van and the down payment cost more than expected. So, this will give me time to come up with the money. June would be a good month because it'll be my birthday, but this will work.

I'm just not sure why the dang things are being delayed so much. First April, then May, then June, now July.

I'm not sure what to do about getting Rodimus. I want to buy the figure, but I'm only interested in buying him for the Protector set, and if Protector's delayed, we might not see it for a year or so.

=\