First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game

First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game

Friday, April 13th, 2007 8:27pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Game News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 25,010

We have seen screen shots and have learned a lot of interesting information about the Transformers Movie Video Game for the major game platformes. Up until now we did not know much about the Nintendo DS version of the game. The only thing we knew was that there would be two version, one where you would play through as an Autobot and the other you would play through as a Decepticon. Recently IGN.com had a chance to preview the game and they posted and article with screen shots from both versions of the game. One piece of new information is each game will even have environments unique to each version. In the Autobots version you will head through Antarctic levels, while in the Decepticon version will have exclusive access to Desert terrain. You can read the article at IGN.com.

Credit(s): IGN.com

This article was last modified on Friday, April 13th, 2007 8:38pm CDT

Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84339)
Posted by jdre_124 on April 13th, 2007 @ 9:25pm CDT
Well I'm betting the PSP version looking 10 times better than the DS and if the DS can put out a large streaming environment the PSP very well can.
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84343)
Posted by Autobobby1 on April 13th, 2007 @ 9:38pm CDT
For early production, that's looking pretty good. I can't wait to add TF Autobots to my DS collection!
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84353)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 13th, 2007 @ 9:48pm CDT
looks pretty good
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84386)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 13th, 2007 @ 10:15pm CDT
Sounds like an interesting concept. Kinda like the different versions of the Pokemon games (which were fun back in the day when I played them). I don't own a DS though cause I don't like the whole dual screen concept. Makes me dizzy! :oops:
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84417)
Posted by GetterDragun on April 13th, 2007 @ 10:42pm CDT
Looks good! I might have to get a DS to play this.
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84441)
Posted by Retardicon on April 13th, 2007 @ 11:02pm CDT

I'm also tired of the touch screen being used for a map... It's a touch screen, c'mon you can use it for something intuitive.
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84514)
Posted by D-340 on April 14th, 2007 @ 12:12am CDT
Looks pretty good. The backgrounds are kinda bland, but TF character models look great. I'll get these.
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84706)
Posted by Bumblekid on April 14th, 2007 @ 5:09am CDT
Looks promising considering that it's the DS at first I thought that it would be a side-scroller but now it's great! I'm going 2 get the ps2 version, X-box 360 which I'm getting later and the PSP verion
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84718)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 14th, 2007 @ 5:37am CDT
Looks cool! I'll certainly give it a try! (Autobot first...cons later if I like the Autobot version).
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84806)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 14th, 2007 @ 9:13am CDT
Looks similar to Metroid Prime Hunters, except this is 3rd person.
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (84905)
Posted by City Commander on April 14th, 2007 @ 11:07am CDT
Lookin' good! I truly love my DS. I look forward to buying both versions for my gaming pleasure.
To be honest, the PSP never impressed me. Considering I've heard boasts of incredible graphics, the thing honestly looks no better than the DS graphics.

Go Nintendoro!!!
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (85155)
Posted by Maju Garzett on April 14th, 2007 @ 3:25pm CDT
Hey, 3rd Person Robot Games Rock.

Seriously... anybody play MechAssualt: Phantom War (DS)? It was awesome, except for the fact of the difficulty spike
Re: First Details About the Transformers Movie Nintendo DS Game (85168)
Posted by Shadowman on April 14th, 2007 @ 3:48pm CDT
Handbanana wrote:So their gimmick is palette-swapped terrain? Antarctica is a desert, it's just white.

I think they meant that both versions have exclusive maps, but some maps are on both versions.

In any case, that looks pretty cool for a DS game that isn't even finished.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Exclusive Netflix Scrapface Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Cyberverse Megatron figure (missing r arm) Dark of the Moon" on EBAY
Buy "HOTLINK Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Siege Netflix Hasbro 2020 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Leader Class Titans Return Decepticon Overlord Action Figure toyNEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Octone Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY