First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3

Transformers News: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3

Monday, May 14th, 2018 9:55PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 11,311

The third (and maybe final) wave of Prime Masters from Transformers Power of the Primes has been found in Thailand. This includes Bludgeon and Octopunch. Now, while this seems early, it should be noted that the second wave of Prime Masters were never released in Thailand so far (and are very scarce elsewhere in the world if even found at all). So it could be that this is simply Hasbro filling out an order for Prime Masters and giving them whatever they have on hand, which so happens to be an earlier release of this third wave. These were found by AL PA POW who posted them on Google+.

Transformers News: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Master Wave 3

Credit(s): AL PA POW
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959521)
Posted by william-james88 on May 14th, 2018 @ 9:59pm CDT
Skritz wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:(Snipped)

A damn shame we didn't end up seeing some of these pretooled heads at mass retail, especially Nemesis Prime since that was one cool headsculpt. Suppose that does explain the 'anomaly' that is PotP Inferno, however, given how he's such and oddball being a simplistic retool of CW Hot Spot as opposed to the completely retooled and 'reshelled' Hun-Gurr.

Wouldnt that be the same as a compeltely retooled Silverbolt?

Also, it kinda makes sense that of all the torsos one would use for Inferno, it would be the one that turns into a "fire truck".
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959528)
Posted by steve2275 on May 14th, 2018 @ 10:29pm CDT
i love the power of the primes lineeven if i cant afford any :lol:
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959531)
Posted by Flashwave on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:04pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Also, just wanted to throw out. Am I right, that wave 2 Power Masters have not hit mass market retail in the United States? (I'm not talking about small isolated sightings, but major ones such as Walmart or Target)...Sad those are really the only 2 places to get TF toys now, at least in my area.

FWIW these hit my local Meijer just this weekend. The last Submarauder and one of the last Landmines.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959558)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on May 15th, 2018 @ 7:14am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Even if Inferno is a "holdover" from Combiner Wars that didn't see release until now, Hasbro still did a little bit to align this older mold with their newer design philosophy. Unlike any uses of the mold in Combiner Wars, Inferno sports the dreaded sticker details from the latter half of Titans Return and all of Power of the Primes to present. I suppose this was an extremely easy adjustment to make, unlike, say, remolding the figure to accommodate the Enigma of Combination play pattern of PotP Grimlock, Starscream, Elita One, and Hun-Gurrr.

You know the Stickers are the one thing that really makes me sad about this line, especially when you look at Starscream and those two things on the sides of his head, because not only is it a sticker, it's not a flat surface for the sticker, so it's just kind of hanging off.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959576)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 15th, 2018 @ 9:22am CDT
I hope we eventually get that Hoist and Sideswipe... somehow... somewhere.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959595)
Posted by Blitzwing is bae on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:12am CDT
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959596)
Posted by o.supreme on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:16am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote: I see more and more comments about how Studio Series seems to be clogging up shelves and taking space away from PotP. I've been told this isn't true or correct, but the more I see, I cant help but believe it.

I see more and more comments about how having stricter gun laws wouldnt change anything in the US but anyone who can read stats and look at actual facts knows that's bogus. The truth is unless you have actual insight from Walmart, none of us know what is going on. What you describe is a current occurence with no hint of causality. the US skipped TLK wave 4 deluxes. Is it because of POTP wave 1? Is it because of the generations line that a fan was deprived of his precious cogman toy? Its all nonsense.

If we just think logically though, the fact that they have different product SKUs makes the presence of one irrelevant over the presence of the other. And we are seeing a lack of wave 2 all across the globe, including Canada, a place which has a ton of shelf space at TRU. So instead, I think there is an issue at the supplier level, thats where logic is guiding me at the moment. Especially since Wave 3 Prime Masters have been found elsewhere in the world. Meaning stores are ordering more and Hasbro is giving what they have and it aint wave 2. Why, I dont know.

wj88. I always appreciate your insights, but please don't bring politics into this. I am unique in that I am apolitical. As a citizen of the United States I have never registered to vote, and never will. I have known since I was a child that the system is broken, and just work to be the best person I can to make where I live a better place. Every comment I see in the news targeting one party or the other only makes them more abhorrent to me. You being a Canadian citizen I'm sure can appreciate that. Also again, I only go by what I see. I didn't say I had the answer, and I know you don't either. I just see what I see. maybe Hasbro just flat out slowed production of PotP at the factory level in favor of SS, who knows. I just see stores flooded with this new brand of toy SS toy product, and the one I wanted, basically not there. I wish someone at Hasbro was accessible so it could be explained.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959609)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 15th, 2018 @ 11:45am CDT
But that answer doesn't make sense given what others are reporting. Sometimes you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture which means looking at the situation in other areas. Hasbro want both toy lines to sell, so it simply doesn't make sense why they would willingly favour one or the other since they want rid of both. Now if the shops think the movie stuff sell more then that's what they'll order more of. The simplest answer is often the right one
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959630)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 15th, 2018 @ 1:46pm CDT
Occam's Razor is my favorite tool to address a proverbial Gordian Knot! :-D
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959663)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 15th, 2018 @ 3:32pm CDT

With as far from source material as the movies get, this is completely legitimate :lol:
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959672)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 15th, 2018 @ 4:06pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I just realized something with Inferno: this is a missed opportunity to make a "G1" Infernocus. Really, Inferno --> Infernocus, and his limbs could be the Infernobots.

Actually, it would be kind of fun if Hasbro did a Studio Series Infernocus box set. They could do it just like the TLK one for TRU, but now that we have deluxe sized G1 Terrorcons with Power of the Primes, they could just repaint them as they did the Legion sized versions from Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters and make a new mold for the torso, in this case a new Voyager sized mold. It would be in keeping, somewhat, with Hasbro's mission to keep robot mode characters in rough scale with one another for the Studio Series. A CW sized Infernicus would still tower over most single bots, even leader sized ones, which should be "big enough" for the right sizing effect.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959674)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 15th, 2018 @ 4:17pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Actually, it would be kind of fun if Hasbro did a Studio Series Infernocus box set. They could do it just like the TLK one for TRU, but now that we have deluxe sized G1 Horrorcons with Power of the Primes, they could just repaint them as they did the Legion sized versions from Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters and make a new mold for the torso, in this case a new Voyager sized mold. It would be in keeping, somewhat, with Hasbro's mission to keep robot mode characters in rough scale with one another for the Studio Series. A CW sized Infernicus would still tower over most single bots, even leader sized ones, which should be "big enough" for the right sizing effect.

I also realized something, which you sort of touched on: the original Infernocus did use the Prime Terrorcons as limbs, so in theory, this "G1" Infernocus could be Inferno with Terrorcon limbs, thus arriving at an Infernocus!

Oh man, now I really want to try that before I create Abominus
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959680)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 15th, 2018 @ 4:24pm CDT
Cool name for combined mode! Ha.

As for the beast repaints, I'm much more cheering for Monstructor and Dinoking repaints and retools before movie Infernocus toys.

I AM still hoping they eventually get around to fleshing out his limbs. Same with Starscream and Elita-One. Hope they direct some retools and repaints to conventions and online exclusives ... if they can't get them out to the box store shelves. We could still see Wreck Gar, a USA release of Ratchet, Sideswipe, Red Alert... those are all white/red/orange. Would look great. (And of course, Hoist still outstanding, too.)

For Starscream, I'd love to see a Buster and Hydra minor repaint. Would make for a great gestalt with the other two. (Or a full set of deluxe seekers to mix and match.)

Plus the last two femmebots from the show. Heck, I'd take a repaint as Arial with the robo-ponytail, too.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959681)
Posted by Emerje on May 15th, 2018 @ 4:25pm CDT
Blitzwing is bae wrote:already ordered plane tickets to wherever this is :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

What do you do, call a travel agent and say, "send me where the new Transformers are"? That's a heck of a service, but eBay is probably cheaper.

Emerje
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959689)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 15th, 2018 @ 4:45pm CDT
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959692)
Posted by Emerje on May 15th, 2018 @ 4:58pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:... No comments on how Takara Inferno uses Starscream's Foot Armor and not Hun-Gurr's?

Hasbro is using the same foot, they just used the wrong one in displays and box art.

Emerje
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959700)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 15th, 2018 @ 5:55pm CDT
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959703)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 15th, 2018 @ 6:14pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Where does hasbro suggest putting the enigma of combination then? I don't know why they've included one if it can't be used in the gestalt form.

I wonder if they put a hexagonal port on the back so you could pop it on the same way you would legends Groove. It would look lame, like he had a crumb stuck to his belly, but I could see it.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959706)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 15th, 2018 @ 6:38pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Oh man, now I really want to try that before I create Abominus

Oops, I meant the Terrorcons (Sinnertwin, Blot, Cutthroat, and Rippersnapper), of course, not the Horrorcons (Apeface and Snapdragon). Easy to get those group names mixed up. >.<
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Masters Wave 3 (1959721)
Posted by william-james88 on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:28pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

And in return, I appreciate everything you bring to these boards as well. I didnt mean to get political but I was looking for an anology of people saying a bunch of things but it not being backed up and I knew if I said something like "earth is flat" it would be dumb and demean what you were saying which is never my intention. Its pretty cool that you are apolitical and I respect that. From an outsider looking in, the USA looks nuts on both sides. Not in the values but in how people treat eachother. The Left only shows the worst examples from the right and vice versa, making it hard for anyone to get a well rounded idea at what the political parties entail. I just sense so much hate and disgust. I mean, you are all in this together, none of that helps. So yes, I completely see where you are coming from.

Moving on, I actually do know someone who is in charge of merchandise (like what is stocked) at Walmart, at the corporate level. I dont know if our questions will be too micro for her, but we will see. From what she told me in the past, its usually up to whatever the supplier gives when fulfilling a SKU. So either Walmart didnt order more of Generations in General, or they arent getting any at the moment from hasbro. It does bring us at the same spot right now, but it would be good to know what the usual trend is. And yes, the number of people making these toys is finite so they cant make everything at the same time, thats a good point.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018