First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee

First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee

Wednesday, April 14th, 2010 2:05pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 81,756

It's that new figure smell. The 2010 Toy Fair revealed that we'd be getting a brand new Bumblebee figure in the Deluxe class size. Battle Blades Bumblebee was actually mis-transformed during the display, so this Taobao auction is the fandom's first look at the figure in hand. This Bumblebee is mostly a new mold, while the legs and transformation look to be of the same design, the feet, and torso upwards seem to be redesigned. This Bumblebee also features a slew of new weapons and a moveable battle mask!. Check out the silent yellow fighter below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Taobao

This article was last modified on Friday, April 16th, 2010 12:57am CDT

Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064604)
Posted by Blurrz on April 14th, 2010 @ 2:07pm CDT
It took three different molds, two remolds, 10 repaints, and two toylines to get Deluxe Bumblebee right. Wow.

This Bumblebee seems to have it all, a nice arsenal and just looks sleek.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064606)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on April 14th, 2010 @ 2:18pm CDT
Very nice. I'm sure the haters will be here any moment.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064607)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 14th, 2010 @ 2:25pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Very nice. I'm sure the haters will be here any moment.

What no shoulder cannons? FAIL!
:P

Bought.
Somehow I think this would look awesome if done in a monochrome paint scheme.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064608)
Posted by Varia31 on April 14th, 2010 @ 2:27pm CDT
Wow! Another Bumblebee figure! I NEVER saw this coming!

..........................................

Not surprised actually.

But in all honesty, this guy actually looks pretty cool. Very nice mold for a Deluxe, very nice indeed. And some pretty good paint apps. The battle mask is a nice touch as well. I like it. :)
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064611)
Posted by alanburk on April 14th, 2010 @ 2:48pm CDT
Goddamnit! THIS is the one that they should've come out with in the first place. I haven't bought a bee since 2007, but I might have to get this one.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064613)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on April 14th, 2010 @ 3:01pm CDT
First response: "ANOTHER?!"

But, yeah, it does seem to be the ultimate deluxe version of BB. So glad I only bought the "regular" versions from both movies; I won't feel nearly as bad buying this if I'd bought all the others, or even one other.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064614)
Posted by Rated X on April 14th, 2010 @ 3:03pm CDT
Why is it when they finally get the head right they always gotta add some silly unwanted feature ? (arm cannon, shoulder cannons, nest logos, arm blades) I would like to see a Bumblebee with this head and a normal 2 armed body with no bulky stuff atached to his forearms.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064617)
Posted by Megazarak on April 14th, 2010 @ 3:07pm CDT
Very nice looking figure. Oddly enough, I haven't bought a Bumblebee yet, and this one seems like the one I'll pick up. Seems a little odd that he has his axe on his left hand, though he does usually have a cannon on his right hand, but sadly he doesn't have one on this figure. It'd be great (especially for playability) if he had both his axe and a cannon. Hopefully the gimmick works well.

Edit: Oh... how did I miss that, looks like he does have some sort of cannon thing. Too bad it lacks colour.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064623)
Posted by Short Circuit on April 14th, 2010 @ 3:14pm CDT
I like the painted arms/ legs, but they sacrificed the licence plates (even on the crotch) the right forearms yellow part, and the slits on the side rear fenders. The robot mode and front of the car looks okay though.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064630)
Posted by Dr. Richtofen on April 14th, 2010 @ 3:47pm CDT
man, this guy has an aweesome ammount of alliteration in his name! :lol:

bumblebee is one of the only major rotf characters im missisng. after human alliance, this guy looks like the obvious choice.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064632)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 14th, 2010 @ 3:48pm CDT
I was going to say "Blech, yet another BB", but actually looking at it, it's half-decent. I don't really care for the arm kibble and reduced paint apps, and for some reason I prefer the bulkier look of the earlier deluxe BBs, but if I didn't already have the first Concept Camaro BB, I'd pick this one up.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064646)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on April 14th, 2010 @ 4:25pm CDT
I really like this guy.
If he had the shoulder cannons, he'd be perfect, but he's good enough for me.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064647)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on April 14th, 2010 @ 4:31pm CDT
Hmm...looks nice actually, I wonder if I can stick the head onto a Camaro Concept BB....then it'd be PERFECt..if not...I'll stick with (trying to get) Camaro Concept...
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064649)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 14th, 2010 @ 4:39pm CDT
This is the PERFECT Bumblebee! I just wish his frekn cannon was painted, and he had shoulder cannons! But I still want that battle ops BB though...
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064654)
Posted by Dagon on April 14th, 2010 @ 4:45pm CDT
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:I really like this guy.
If he had the shoulder cannons, he'd be perfect, but he's good enough for me.

I wonder if you could buy all the BBs that had something you liked and then piece together one which would have everything you liked. Not you personally, I mean 'you' in a general sense. Then you could make your own BB with everything and be done with it.

Other than that ponderance, my response is nothing more than "wow, another one." Obviously I'm supposed to be beside myself with glee and stiff of pants with anticipation, but it's just another Bumblebee from the movie line, and there are already a million to choose from. Huzzah to the movie BB fans though, huzzah.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064657)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 14th, 2010 @ 4:48pm CDT
Bumblebee must sell really well for them to be pumping out so much of him. Really, REALLY well.

I got 07 camero BB and I'm happy wi thim, but this almost makes me want a new version.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064659)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 14th, 2010 @ 4:52pm CDT
Very nice, glad to see better pictures of him now. The axe is a little out of place but it looks awesome, I'm loving the battle mask and the arm cannon is pretty sweet looking. I'm pretty sure Repolables has the crotch license plate for BB there and the missing paint apps otherwise are easily done at home. Just thank Odin that he has light piping instead of the giant frightened lemur eyes we got on one of the other Bumblebees. I'd have no problems with getting this guy, he'd look great standing with 70's Bee and 08 Concept Bee.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064666)
Posted by Samsonator on April 14th, 2010 @ 5:42pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Very nice. I'm sure the haters will be here any moment.

I am that hater!
I hate Bumblebee's popularity and continual figure releases with a passion. A fiery one at that.

That being said the only characterization of movie Bumblebee that I liked was the one from the ROTF game... which this seems to capture the feel of very nicely. If I see this figure I will buy it. Hands down. This figure just won over a hater.

- Sam
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064669)
Posted by Mykltron on April 14th, 2010 @ 6:07pm CDT
Damned monkey arms. I shall have to do something about that but apart from that I like it. The hands but gun conversion thing is cool, as is the mask.
Re: First Look at Deluxe Movie Battle Blades Bumblebee (1064676)
Posted by tljhtr1979 on April 14th, 2010 @ 6:29pm CDT
So, when is this guy coming out? I think they finaly BB as close to the movie as they can just like they did with Prime. I will gladly hand more $$ to Hasbro for this guy.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY