This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys

Transformers News: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys

Sunday, January 23rd, 2022 2:47PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 38,343

While the Rescue Bots show is over, there is still a big market for these style of toys and Hasbro wants to have a stable stream of product alongside Imaginext toys in the toddler toy aisle. So Hasbro is releasing more Rescue Bots type product under the Classic Heroes Team banner and you can see them below. The Optimus prime and Bumblebee are repacks, but the Grimlock and Optimus Primal are new. This is surprising since the previous rescue bots Optimus Primal was an Optimus Prime which turned into a T-Rex, and so we'd assumed this would be a reissue of that rather than a brand new mold. This is sure to be fun for young kids, who can play with these starting at 2 years old (despite what the recommended age states).

Transformers News: New Rescue Bots Styled Transformers Toys Coming Soon Including Optimus Primal and Grimlock

Credit(s): ACD distributions

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2125917)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 23rd, 2022 @ 4:58pm CST
That Grimlock looks like a potato, but that Primal intrigue me. :-?
I may buy him out of curiosity.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2125926)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 23rd, 2022 @ 5:43pm CST
Gorilla eyes peeking up ominously over Primal's chest plate is a cool effect.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2125939)
Posted by william-james88 on January 23rd, 2022 @ 8:07pm CST
My 4 year old wants that Primal so bad. I think he's too old for it though.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2125940)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 23rd, 2022 @ 8:10pm CST
william-james88 wrote:My 4 year old wants that Primal so bad. I think he's too old for it though.

You should know, like all of us, that "too old for a toy" (any toy) is a fallacy. ;)
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2125948)
Posted by Emerje on January 23rd, 2022 @ 8:36pm CST

They're rated 3+, if 4 is too old that isn't much of an age range. ;)

Emerje
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2125967)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 24th, 2022 @ 1:32am CST
Any idea when these might drop?
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2126006)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2022 @ 1:31pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Any idea when these might drop?

No idea. my son wants this NOW though :(
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2126008)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 24th, 2022 @ 1:50pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Any idea when these might drop?

No idea. my son wants this NOW though :(

Me too.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2126012)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2022 @ 3:15pm CST
You know what guys? Since the listings say the next movie toys are meant to be out in April and most are for younger kids and Primal is in most classes, my first thought when I saw a pic of that Primal toy on Facebook was "HOLY SHIT, ROTB TOYS HAVE LEAKED!".
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2126016)
Posted by Emerje on January 24th, 2022 @ 3:40pm CST

Emerje
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2126018)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2022 @ 4:03pm CST
Emerje wrote:That was definitely my first thought when I saw the thumbnail here. I'm sure there's a connection to the movie just like I'm sure there is with Kingdom and Beast Wars reissues coming out ahead of the movie, I don't really buy the anniversary excuse. Remember that we got the earlier G1 reissues at Walmart because Hasbro wanted to get 80s toys into stores in time for the first 80s based Bumblebee movie. Here we are again getting a bunch of Beast Wars characters into stores in time for a Beast Wars heavy movie.

Emerje

Yeah, the rescue bots line has been promoting/linked to whatever media hasbro wants it to promote lately, with the Rescue Bots show over. So last year, there was a big emphasis on Dinobots in the Cyberverse toyline and media, so Rescue Bots offered similar characters for th younger age segment. And this would be the same with ROTB, where the only character in that set not in ROTB being Grimlock.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2126062)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 24th, 2022 @ 11:08pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Any idea when these might drop?

No idea. my son wants this NOW though :(

I want these now too, does that make me your son? Daddy?
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2126085)
Posted by william-james88 on January 25th, 2022 @ 9:23am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Any idea when these might drop?

No idea. my son wants this NOW though :(

I want these now too, does that make me your son? Daddy?

Haha, my kids are already enough of a handful
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2126280)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 27th, 2022 @ 10:17am CST
With a name like "Classic Heroes Team", I get the feeling that this is supposed to be something like the preschool equivalent of Classics/Universe/pre-CW Generations, or even just Legacy. That these are just the classic characters we all know and love instead of specifically the Aligned versions (plus a brand new Aligned Optimus Primal) that everything from Rescue Bots/Academy/Dinobot Adventures have been up to this point.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2126293)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 27th, 2022 @ 12:42pm CST
How many times has that Optimus Prime mold been released?
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2127072)
Posted by mjdvm2013 on February 6th, 2022 @ 2:01pm CST
I know I am waaaaay late to the game to find the G1 repainted little Sludge/Snarl/Swoop/Slag, but I can't even find them on ebay or any other online store. Was it THAT limited a production?
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2127281)
Posted by mjdvm2013 on February 10th, 2022 @ 2:47pm CST
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2132260)
Posted by william-james88 on April 26th, 2022 @ 9:40am CDT
mjdvm2013 wrote:I know I'm waaaay late to the party, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen the little g1 dinos being sold through ebay or anything? Don't know how I missed em last year, course my walmart was in a bad slump. Thanks.

They didn't really show up at Walmart. Instead they were found at Kroger's I think. And yeah, hard to find on e-bay. I am selling two of them but I'm in Canada so shipping would be ridiculous.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2132262)
Posted by william-james88 on April 26th, 2022 @ 9:52am CDT
We have news that new Transformers Rescue Bots Grimlock and Optimus Primal have been found at US retail. Vector Oracle found them at a Macy's in California. These are both new molds and it is the first Rescue Bots Grimlock to transform from a T-rex into a robot. This is good news as the Rescue Bots line has always been popular with very young kids and is always in demand.

If you have found them, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.

This sighting was originally posted here.

Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2132286)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 26th, 2022 @ 1:56pm CDT
These haven't been found on US online retailers yet, right?
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2132313)
Posted by william-james88 on April 26th, 2022 @ 5:05pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:These haven't been found on US online retailers yet, right?

No, this is first sightings all around
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2132508)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2022 @ 10:34pm CDT
Without a show airing now, the Rescue Bots toyline has become the Transformers Classic Heroes line. Same idea, same place in stores, and same molds for many of them (through rereleases) but Optimus Primal and Grimlock are new molds and the latest releases. If you want them in your Rescue Bots collection or as perfect presents for the youngest transformers fans (it is how I got my kid into Transformers), they are now available on Amazon. The links are below. We also have a review from Chuckdawg1999 of Optimus Primal so you can see how this guy looks in hand. The attention of detail and call backs for a "Rescue Bots" toy goes beyond that of previous figures, but then again this is the first mold which refers to a character that was not on the show and thus does not have a simplified animation model.

Grimlock https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Cla ... 14&sr=8-46?tag=seibertron07-20&

Optimus Primal https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Cla ... 100&sr=8-3?tag=seibertron07-20&

chuckdawg1999 wrote:It's nice to see Beast Wars being represented in Rescue Bots with Optimus Primal being a part of the Classic Heroes line, kinda hard to swallow that a character that debuted in the 90s is now considered classic. Transformation is what you would expect and the styling is of that soft, younger style, I love the grin on the gorilla head. Optimus Primal is perfect for smaller hands, or as a desk toy for older Beast Wars fans.

Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2132510)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 1st, 2022 @ 12:47am CDT
That Primal may be just a one-step brick, but it looks great and will be a fun desk toy to mess around with.

If I see it in store and it's not 30$+, I'd buy it. :APPLAUSE:
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142333)
Posted by Rysquad on August 21st, 2022 @ 2:43am CDT
Found Megatron at Walmart in Temecula, CA.

Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142374)
Posted by william-james88 on August 21st, 2022 @ 10:27pm CDT
While the rescue Bots Line is technically over, the style of figure and it's space at retail is very much alive, with new entries too. One that's been found in the US in the past month, we have a sighting below from fellow Seibetronian Rysquad, is the new Megatron mold, the first ever Decepticon found in that line. If you have seen it and are curious as to what it's all about, we have a video review for you below.
Enjoy!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:It's incredible to think that for all the time that Rescue Bots has been around, the longest-running Transformers line, Megatron of all characters hasn't made an appearance, until now. Sure, this is a simplified figure, but it's cool to see Megs reimagined as a drill tank, a standard of Japanese mecha stories. If you collect Rescue Bots then adding Megatron to your collection is a must.

Rysquad wrote:Found Megatron at Walmart in Temecula, CA.

Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142391)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 22nd, 2022 @ 7:28am CDT
But I thought no decepticons in rescue bots, unless they become good?....
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142396)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 22nd, 2022 @ 7:41am CDT
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:But I thought no decepticons in rescue bots, unless they become good?....

That's why these new toys are NOT "Rescue Bots." They have the style and spirit, but they are not in the Rescue Bots universe.

As for that Drill Tanks Megs, I'd really love for Reprolabels to turn it into the IDW miner Megs. A cute and chibified IDW Miner Megs. That would be way cool!
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142430)
Posted by DeathReviews on August 22nd, 2022 @ 2:30pm CDT

Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142444)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 22nd, 2022 @ 4:36pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:I'm more interested in the fact that the person who sent these photos is wearing "Spider-Man" Crocs (lower left).....

That's a pretty chad move. Especially if it's a guy and his top is that of a business suit. :KREMZEEK:
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142448)
Posted by Rysquad on August 22nd, 2022 @ 4:44pm CDT

lol! That's a child's foot! :-D
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142454)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 22nd, 2022 @ 5:32pm CDT
Conversion facil?
More like conversion faceplant lol
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142456)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 22nd, 2022 @ 5:34pm CDT
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:Conversion facil?
More like conversion faceplant lol

You do realise that was just a French translation right? These toys know who they're marketed for.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142483)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 22nd, 2022 @ 8:56pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:Conversion facil?
More like conversion faceplant lol

Yes. I'm sorry about offending the French users of this site. Even Kankrabat. I was more joking on the transformation. Yes, I know, it doesn't NEED to be better.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142495)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 22nd, 2022 @ 9:23pm CDT
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:Conversion facil?
More like conversion faceplant lol

HOW DARE YOU FORGET THE E AT THE END OF "FACILE"?

That is all.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142500)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 22nd, 2022 @ 9:39pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:Conversion facil?
More like conversion faceplant lol

HOW DARE YOU FORGET THE E AT THE END OF "FACILE"?

That is all.

Kankrabat, sometimes you make me laugh in a good way. God Bless you! :D
Now I HAVE to check it for a Ukrainian translation, but there probably isn't one...
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142507)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 22nd, 2022 @ 9:57pm CDT
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:Kankrabat, sometimes you make me laugh in a good way. God Bless you! :D

Look up the European packaging. Those are usually overkill with the number of languages on the box.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2142511)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 22nd, 2022 @ 10:27pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Ok lol
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143175)
Posted by william-james88 on August 30th, 2022 @ 8:56am CDT
This Classic Heroes Team line is on a roll. Not only did we get our first Decepticon recently, that being G1 Megatron as a drill tank, but now we have Beast Wars Megatron too. This toy is an homage to the very first Beast Wars Megatron basic toy which also turned into a Crocodile. And funny enough it was a one step too, like this toy. This toy was found on shelves in the Philippines by Cubedude. Speaking of toys which transform in just one step, we now know of the next wave of rereleased One Steps for the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line. The pictures come from JT Prime17. This is simply to have affordable Transformers products on shelves at all times for kids and parents and while having more Optimus and Megatron (Cybertronian tank in this case) is routine, it is cool to see that Sky-Byte is being reissued as well.

Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143178)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 30th, 2022 @ 9:47am CDT
Dat Megacroc! :x
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143181)
Posted by Rysquad on August 30th, 2022 @ 11:38am CDT
Oh man. That Megacroc is kinda rad.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143182)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2022 @ 11:49am CDT
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143186)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 30th, 2022 @ 12:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Despite the croc altmode, this doesn't quite look to be Beast Wars Megatron proper. Unlike the Optimus Primal toy, who has a Maximal symbol, this toy has a Decepticon symbol instead of a Predacon one, and its head resembles G1 Megatron more than BW croc Megatron, whose head was green and purple instead of all-silver. It's also shaped like no BW Megatron head design ever made, looking more like another stylization of G1 Megatron's head.

It's some sort of Hybrid and its a wise business decision.
Because "no one" know of the OG Croc Megs.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143188)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2022 @ 12:13pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

It's some sort of Hybrid and its a wise business decision.
Because "no one" know of the OG Croc Megs.
Then why make Croc Megs in the first place if he's too obscure? Wouldn't the more mainstream T-Rex Megs be the even wiser business decision?

In fact, there's even already a preexisting mold that would have been perfect to retool into BW Megs: The Rescue Bots T-Rex Optimus Prime toy that transforms just like BW T-Rex Megatron.

If they were willing to make this Croc Megs toy at all, I doubt obscurity was the reason they gave it a G1 Megatron head and a Decepticon symbol instead of a BW Megs head and Predacon symbol.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143189)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 30th, 2022 @ 12:16pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

It's some sort of Hybrid and its a wise business decision.
Because "no one" know of the OG Croc Megs.

I think it's on purpose.
A nod to the hardcore while the casual can still recognize Megs.

Still, remolding T-Rextimus into a Megs is obvious and it's baffling it's still not already done.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143190)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2022 @ 12:22pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I think it's on purpose.
A nod to the hardcore while the casual can still recognize Megs.
So, trying to please everyone by pleasing no one? They didn't do that with the Optimus Primal toy. No G1 Optimus Prime noggin or Autobot symbol on him. They just straight up made him faithful-looking.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143191)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 30th, 2022 @ 12:36pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I think it's on purpose.
A nod to the hardcore while the casual can still recognize Megs.

Well, I am pleased. It looks like it's NOT the BW character, but rather the "real" Megatron who killed a croc and is now wearing its skin.

:twisted: :michaelbay:

Forgot to add that not adding purple spots for an added G2 reference is a missed opportunity.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143192)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 30th, 2022 @ 12:52pm CDT
G2 Croc Megs looks good to me even if it is a weird mash up.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143203)
Posted by bluecatcinema on August 30th, 2022 @ 2:02pm CDT
Of all the Megatrons that could have been reimagined, I never thought they'd go for the crocodile one. Looks good, though. Sky-Byte, too.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143208)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on August 30th, 2022 @ 3:50pm CDT
Neat! Despite not being in the show, the Bat Primal and Megacroc two-pack were my first Beast Wars toys, so I have a lot of nostalgia for them.
Re: First Look at New Rescue Bots Styled Optimus Primal and Grimlock Toys (2143221)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 30th, 2022 @ 6:01pm CDT
If you look at it wrong it seems megatron has a built in toilet between his legs.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 1223IM857 (CA) Milana"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #284 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210635 284RI Hollins"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 JUN230379 3E (CA) Clarke (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220460 2B (CA) Lattie"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #287 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210549 287RI (CA) Huan"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1B 1123IM198 (CA) Aja (W) Williamson"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221680 300B (CA) Gallant"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORIGINS #7 RI 1:10 virgin var IDW Comics 2009 7RI (CA) Feister (W) Dixon"
GI JOE ORIGINS #7 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE COBRA WORLD ORDER PRELUDE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Mooney 230227"
GI JOE COBRA WORLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Zeck (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SPECIAL MISSIONS #25 Marvel Comics 1988 200610A (CA) Kubert (A) Trimpe"
GI JOE SPECIAL MIS ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #344 - Journey to the Pegs