First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package

Transformers News: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package

Friday, January 30th, 2009 10:27PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Press Releases
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 46,884

Action-figure.com has posted a press release from Toyfair UK that shows us the very first in-package images of the two preview figures of the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen toyline: Bumblebee and Soundwave. It's worth noting that Soundwave's packaging has him listed as a Triple-Changer. Also shown are some new stock photos of the toys themselves.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}
Credit(s): Toyfair UK, Action-figure.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876497)
Posted by Firebird on January 30th, 2009 @ 10:37pm CST
Bumblebees face still scares me. That thing just ain't right.

Soundwave looks sweet though. And he is a triplechanger now apparently, Yay!
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876501)
Posted by Skowl on January 30th, 2009 @ 10:41pm CST

I hope that's not the case, this design kicks ass - and I don't want the on-screen Soundwave to be that ugly black pickup concept we saw before.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876507)
Posted by omega666 on January 30th, 2009 @ 10:45pm CST
Don't like the gun arm on Bumblebee. I don't think Hasbro like giving robots TWO hands.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876518)
Posted by Nekoman on January 30th, 2009 @ 10:59pm CST
Nice and simple packaging, I love it.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876519)
Posted by Bumblebeast on January 30th, 2009 @ 11:02pm CST
Yup, that Bumblebee seems to have a problem.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876522)
Posted by SolCross on January 30th, 2009 @ 11:04pm CST
Skowl wrote:Something just doesn't feel right to me about Soundwave... if he was going to stay a satellite in the movie, why would they release his toy (a small one at that) as part of the preview wave? The preview toys last time around were not designs seen in the movie... so maybe this satellite design for Soundwave is a toy-only thing...

The preview figures might just be the regular figures this time around. I dunno.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876529)
Posted by Archatron on January 30th, 2009 @ 11:20pm CST
Can't wait for the "Premium" versions. :lol: Ya know Bumblebee at least is gonna get the treatment. I already have Soundwave and I want this BB too, I like it a lot better except the hand. That is one thing I'd change as well, and surely will with a first version right arm. :grin:
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876532)
Posted by SolCross on January 30th, 2009 @ 11:26pm CST
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876536)
Posted by Nemesis Hacker on January 30th, 2009 @ 11:31pm CST

i agree, the way i would like it to play out is that he is the satalite/jet/bot and personally at the end of the movie he leaves earth (not flees) and promises to return in a pshcotic sounding way HE SIMPLY CANNOT DIE AS BLACKOUT DID :sad:
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876544)
Posted by MonkeyBusinessIU on January 30th, 2009 @ 11:52pm CST
If you read the ToyFair article, it notes a new piece of information:

The 2009 Transformers Movie Line includes:
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE FIGURES
They are back on the big screen and the actions promises to be bigger and better than ever before! The new range of TRANSFORMERS movie action figures - featuring the new film’s most popular characters - will be available in three scales: DELUXE (the entry level line with the simplest conversion process), VOYAGER (larger scale), and LEADER (largest scale and includes lights and authentic sounds). DELUXE includes a total of 24 characters.

Here's what we know right know, figure wise:
Leader Class
- Optimus Prime

Voyager Class
- Optimus Prime
- Ironhide
- Starscream

Deluxe Class
- Preview Soundwave
- Bumblebee
- Sideswipe
- Unnamed Audi R8 (Possibly Barricade)

We can safely assume that Ratchet will be a Voyager Class toy again.

Characters confirmed, but without size information (my predictions in parentheses)
- Megatron (Tank Mode) (Voyager and/or Leader)
- Jetfire (Leader)
- Skids (Twin #1) (Deluxe)
- Mudflap (Twin #2) (Deluxe)
- Soundwave (Voyager)
- The Fallen (Leader)
- Devastator & Component Bots (Supreme, with 2 Voyagers and 5 Deluxes)

So, who are the other Bots?
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876545)
Posted by Archatron on January 30th, 2009 @ 11:59pm CST
SolCross wrote:And maybe it's just me, but doesn't Soundwave's "missile" look a little too...technical to be a simple blast? It looks sort of mechanical in the other pictures, so could that be Ravage/Pretender that he launches?

And you are exactly right :wink: It's very detailed as to where you see how it'll unfold into Bay's version of Ravage. Very techno-organic.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876546)
Posted by Barrelass on January 31st, 2009 @ 12:01am CST
What's with the melon head and eyes on Bumblebee, reminds me of this dog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUbsc_a-e3g

Sorry for the bad attempt, but that clip cracks me up for some reason.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876547)
Posted by Archatron on January 31st, 2009 @ 12:03am CST
MonkeyBusinessIU wrote:If you read the ToyFair article, it notes a new piece of information:

The 2009 Transformers Movie Line includes:
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE FIGURES

Here's what we know right know, figure wise:
Leader Class
- Optimus Prime

Voyager Class
- Optimus Prime
- Ironhide
- Starscream

Deluxe Class
- Preview Soundwave
- Bumblebee
- Sideswipe
- Unnamed Audi R8 (Possibly Barricade)

We can safely assume that Ratchet will be a Voyager Class toy again.

- Megatron (Tank Mode) (Voyager and/or Leader)
- Jetfire (Leader)
- Skids (Twin #1) (Deluxe)
- Mudflap (Twin #2) (Deluxe)
- Soundwave (Voyager)
- The Fallen (Leader)
- Devastator & Component Bots (Supreme, with 2 Voyagers and 5 Deluxes)

So, who are the other Bots?

Around forty of them. It's going to be good as far as all information available, lots of new takes on older characters in many lines. I think we'll all be surprised at just who is going to make appearances. :mrgreen:
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876549)
Posted by Agent 007 on January 31st, 2009 @ 12:18am CST
mmm they're in robot mode now I like that. Bumbles look decent and soundwave looks ok I'll prolly get both.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876562)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 31st, 2009 @ 1:11am CST

I think it's smart that they're packaging the figures in robot mode. Especially in Soundwave's case,'cause that's a cool looking bot mode. But I'm sure when some people open him up and try to transform him they're gonna be like, "WTF?! What's this thing supposed to turn into?"
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876565)
Posted by Venomous Prime on January 31st, 2009 @ 1:25am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:Bumblebee looks retarded. Seriously! He looks like he's where an old football helmet.

Soundwave does look awesome, if I get him I'll probably keep him in robot mode.

I'm quoting you because you reminded me of the time when I first got Energon Sixshot. I sat there staring at him going "Well, he has an awesome robot mode, what's his alt?" then I found instructions online and it just didn't look like anything. :lol:
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876571)
Posted by TankedThomas on January 31st, 2009 @ 1:46am CST
Hmm... Soundwave looks cool. Bumblebee is a pass. I'm going for the Human Alliance one.

The 2009 Transformers Movie Line includes:
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE FIGURES

Here's what we know right know, figure wise:
Leader Class
- Optimus Prime

Voyager Class
- Optimus Prime
- Ironhide
- Starscream

Deluxe Class
- Preview Soundwave
- Bumblebee
- Sideswipe
- Unnamed Audi R8 (Possibly Barricade)

We can safely assume that Ratchet will be a Voyager Class toy again.

- Megatron (Tank Mode) (Voyager and/or Leader)
- Jetfire (Leader)
- Skids (Twin #1) (Deluxe)
- Mudflap (Twin #2) (Deluxe)
- Soundwave (Voyager)
- The Fallen (Leader)
- Devastator & Component Bots (Supreme, with 2 Voyagers and 5 Deluxes)

So, who are the other Bots?

I've just been thinking about this, too. I think we all need to work together to get a list as big as possible. Judging by the information I can gather, you may have missed some. I have added them in bold:

Here's what we know right know, figure wise:
Leader Class
- Optimus Prime

Voyager Class
- Optimus Prime
- Ironhide
- Starscream
- Human Alliance Bumblebee & Sam

Deluxe Class
- Preview Soundwave
- Bumblebee
- Sideswipe
- Unnamed Audi R8 (Possibly Barricade)

We can safely assume that Ratchet will be a Voyager Class toy again.

- Megatron (Tank Mode) (Voyager and/or Leader)
- Jetfire (Leader)
- Skids (Twin #1) (Deluxe)
- Mudflap (Twin #2) (Deluxe)
- Soundwave (Voyager)
- The Fallen (Leader)
- Devastator & Component Bots (Supreme, with 2 Voyagers and 5 Deluxes) (Could it possibly be 6 Deluxes, 1 Voyager, making it Leader? It's a possibility)
- Wheelie (according to the ToyFair, he is in it as the RC car. He would be best as Scout but I'm guessing he is Deluxe)
- Prowl (No actual confirmation but if you think back to when we first started getting information, there was a Police car in the movie's Chinatown location)
- Skids & Mudflap (We have pretty much had it confirmed that whilst these two are the Chevy Trax and Chevy Beat, they are the twins and apparently are also the Ice-cream truck. My guess if they're either two Scout-sized robots who form an ice-cream truck making it a Deluxe or two Deluxe-sized robots, making it a Voyager. I'm going to guess the former).
- Pretender Alice ((could be Ravage in disguise. Oh man... They're making a realistic pretender... They could have at least done a guy... Now all the perverted Transformers fans will have their wishes fulfilled)

Hope my additions help somewhat.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876585)
Posted by Dreadwinglord on January 31st, 2009 @ 3:13am CST
Soundwave is awesome, almost too awesome.

Bumblebee scares the crap outta me.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876605)
Posted by Prime's Trailer on January 31st, 2009 @ 5:15am CST
I like 'em. They seem better put together than most of the first movie line. Hope the rest are up to this standard.
Re: First Look at ROTF Bumblebee and Soundwave In-Package (876610)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 31st, 2009 @ 5:36am CST
Bumblebee scares me he wants to eat my soul.

Soundwave is awesome has any one noticed the 2Tripplechanger" sticker on Soundwave? :shock:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri Transformers 02 Tarn Action Figure  - USED, Display" on EBAY
Buy "OTransformers Age of Extinction Construct-Bots Dinobots. STRAFE. 27 Pieces Hasbr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Trading Card Game Rise of the Combiners Decepticon Acid Storm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Rung Battle Master Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe SILVERBOLT Ultra Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Deluxe Blast Off. Delivery is Free" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie DD04 crank case" on EBAY