Transformers News: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released

Tuesday, November 14th, 2017 1:36AM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 19,163

It seems the time has come! With the arrival of November 14th, the first two episodes Machinima's Transformers Titans Return series have been released!
Following the previous Machinima-produced Go90 series, Combiner Wars, Titans Return picks up roughly where the Combined Wars series ended. It includes reoccurring characters like Optimus Prime (This time around voiced by Peter Cullen), Megatron, Windblade, and Hot Rod (This time voiced by Judd Nelson, returning to his classic role.)
To catch up on what details you've missed on this series, check out the recent piece by Seibertronian news crew member Qwan, who does a great job running through all the announcements and specifics we've gotten since the announcement of the series.
You can then find the first two episodes over on Go90's website, or through their app if you prefer mobile, and share your thoughts in the forum boards below.
Even then our coverage of the premier doesn't end, as you can expect our official review of the two episodes out in the coming hours.
Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for those reviews, and to partake in the discussion surrounding this new series!
Credit(s): Go90

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921563)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 14th, 2017 @ 2:13am CST
<!-- ia0 -->Screenshot_20171114-080849.png<!-- ia0 -->
well...*sigh* :( looks like I'll have to wait til someone posts them on YouTube! + it's daft that they're not on YouTube to begin with? coz Machinima has their own channel on there, but YES!!! I'm sure it'll happen, give enough time ;)
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921564)
Posted by Burn on November 14th, 2017 @ 2:21am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:it's daft that they're not on YouTube to begin with

No, it's not.
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921565)
Posted by Regimus Prime on November 14th, 2017 @ 2:49am CST
Those two episodes were worth it. I wish they would do a full length movie with a G1 script. Wishful thinking. :BOT:
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921566)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 14th, 2017 @ 3:05am CST
Burn wrote:Which means I was able to get up in the morning and watch them whilst sitting on the toilet.

Bring on the [strike]morning bowel movements[/strike] Titans!

thanks for that mental image, whilst I'm eating my breakfast >:oP

Burn wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:it's daft that they're not on YouTube to begin with

No, it's not.

Why does it not surprise me in your response in the fact that Machinima decided to broadcast this series on a website that limits its audience due to region restrictions! and I'm sure that other countries that cannot!!! view this series due to aforementioned restrictions would agree with you, and tell me.... where did Machinima broadcast Combiner Wars again? that's riiight! on their YouTube channel

Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921567)
Posted by Bounti76 on November 14th, 2017 @ 3:14am CST
Wow.....while the voice talent is better.....and the animation is ok....that's about it. It's not as awful as the Combiner Wars cartoon, but there are still plot holes galore and cringe-worthy dialogue. It doesn't bode well for the rest of the series.
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921569)
Posted by Omegatron. on November 14th, 2017 @ 3:47am CST
So... any option for the 7ish billion people who don't live in the US?
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921570)
Posted by Qwan on November 14th, 2017 @ 3:51am CST
Omegatron. wrote:So... any option for the 7ish billion people who don't live in the US?
Not yet AFAIK. If it's done the same way as the CW series was (and all signs point to this being the case) then we'll just have to chill out until Machinima decides to put it out on their Youtube channel.

But hey, bright side, we get to enjoy a few more suffering-free hours than the US viewers do! :-P (Okay I should really stop bashing this series until I've given it an honest-to-goodness try, shouldn't I.)

Stuartmaximus wrote:and where will this current series eventually end up anyway? that's riiight! Youtube! so why not put it there in the first place
If I may step in with my trying-super-hard-to-sound-knowledgeable tuppence: branding deals or whatever. As best I understand it, Machinima/Hasbro/whoever is getting a pretty penny directly from go90 in return for their service being the exclusive carrier of the show within the US (and I'm sure, if go90 could have been bothered in the last nearly YEAR AND A HALF to expand their service beyond the US, it'd be exclusive to them in those countries too).

That's also why when the CW episodes went up on Machinima's Youtube channel (originally at least), they were region-locked so viewers in the US couldn't watch them - hence they have to use go90, exclusive distributor, more money for the folks behind the series, it all comes back around to that extra money. It may not seem to make sense for us, the viewers, but it sure as shootin' makes sense for the people deciding how the series will be distributed.
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921573)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 14th, 2017 @ 4:43am CST
Qwan wrote:we'll just have to chill out until Machinima decides to put it out on their Youtube channel.

or someone else? coz it doesn't HAVE to be Machinima that puts in on YouTube, no doubt others will post it there too!(& YES I know that if they do that, they run the risk of it getting taken down! but that's the kinda world that we live in today).
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921574)
Posted by Burn on November 14th, 2017 @ 5:49am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:

Bring on the [strike]morning bowel movements[/strike] Titans!

thanks for that mental image, whilst I'm eating my breakfast >:oP

Burn wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:it's daft that they're not on YouTube to begin with

No, it's not.

Just in case you've forgotten, you're ignoring me remember. :wink:
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921577)
Posted by Randomhero on November 14th, 2017 @ 6:15am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:

Bring on the [strike]morning bowel movements[/strike] Titans!

thanks for that mental image, whilst I'm eating my breakfast >:oP

Burn wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:it's daft that they're not on YouTube to begin with

No, it's not.

It’s called contracts dude. Go90 probably helped finance the series so they have exclusive distribution of it for now. If you wanna throw a fit and say YouTube remember they have their own exclusive service too, YouTube Red which you have to pay for so if YouTube was contracted like go90 than guess what? It’d be on youtubered and you’d be throwing a fit you have to pay to watch
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921578)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on November 14th, 2017 @ 6:17am CST
Watching the episodes, I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, nothing amazing, but so far things aren't that bad.
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921580)
Posted by MadProject on November 14th, 2017 @ 6:41am CST
do you think that using a proxy would bypass the region lock?

I'd like to see the episodes, but hey, I'm one of the rest-of-the-world people who doesn't live in the US.
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921582)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 14th, 2017 @ 7:35am CST
Y'know what? It was okay. It's not going to win any awards but the longer runtime allows for just a bit more character interaction than CW did. The acting is stiff and someone needs to tell the voice mixer that, if a character is interrupted, the other character should be SPEAKING right away. Awkward pauses abound. Buuuuuuuuut. It didn't suck.
Also apparently they still haven't made any more character models for the combiner components except those 3 Constructicons, so they're just going to stand around being giant all day as if they're permanently fused.
I won't say I'm looking forward to it but I'm not dreading it either. It's going to be an okay use of 20ish minutes each week.
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921583)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 14th, 2017 @ 7:38am CST
So far, [spoiler]the worst I can say about is that the Mistress of Flame still have some pretty terrible acting to the point that it almost feels like a parody of old bad English anime dubs. Lots of random pauses in her dialogue and bizarre emphasis on certain syllables in her words here and there.

Other than that, everyone else either sounds just okay at best (Windblade, Optimus) or bored at worst (Rodimus/Hot Rod, Metroplex, Perceptor). Megatron's just a cameo in the first episode and doesn't get any lines, so that's a shame so far. Windblade, at least, is no longer determined to kill everyone, so there's that.

The animation looks unchanged though the framerate, while still pretty poor, admittedly does not look quite as horrendous (for the most part) as it did in Combiner Wars.

As far as what little there is of the story, things so far just seem to be happening for the sake of happening. Little is really explained (which was par for the course for Combiner Wars) and the most bonkers thing of Starscream coming back in Trypticon's body was already spoiled by a trailer,
so there's less of a surprise to that here.[/spoiler]

As of now, it doesn't seem to be quite as poor a first impression as Combiner Wars' beginning, but nothing too special yet either. Mostly just mild mediocrity at this point. We'll see how things play out in the weeks to come.
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921585)
Posted by steve2275 on November 14th, 2017 @ 7:45am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Episodes 1 AND 2 are both now on go90:

i appreciate the links
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921587)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 14th, 2017 @ 7:51am CST

Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921594)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 14th, 2017 @ 9:05am CST
Burn wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:

Bring on the [strike]morning bowel movements[/strike] Titans!

thanks for that mental image, whilst I'm eating my breakfast >:oP

Burn wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:it's daft that they're not on YouTube to begin with

No, it's not.

Just in case you've forgotten, you're ignoring me remember. :wink:

aren't you? >:oP

Burn wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:it's daft that they're not on YouTube to begin with

No, it's not.
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921597)
Posted by o.supreme on November 14th, 2017 @ 9:45am CST
ok so just before I went to sleep last night I went on go90 and figured I'd try, as I am on the west coast, and surprisingly they were there!. I'm just posting this morning because obviously, was too tired to post my thoughts. But I will say moving forward...I think I'll just wait until Tuesday Mornings, no need for these episodes to dominate my thoughts, and rob me of sleep on Monday Nights heh..

[spoiler]ok initial thoughts...well its definitely better than CW, but then so is a dumpster fire. Pretty cool they got Victor Caroli to return as the narrator, I wasn't expecting that, though the first 2 minuets recapping CW was as good waste of time.

I thought some of the dialogue was cringe worthy. In some parts it was ok, but then I think at some point whoever wrote the script realized, the script they wrote was the same amount they wrote for CW, and didn't understand they were going to have twice the animation length, so they had to pad it out. Some of the lapses between lines make Bill Shatner sound like Shakespeare. Mistress of Flame would fit right in with the sandy Frank dub of Gamera vs Guiron.

Some pluses- It was nice to see the individual Combiner components actually exist in this world as independent personalities. Also Perceptor, the *new* character for this series was probably the most decent fleshed out character thus far.

As for the story, I'm not sure what the motivation was for 'the gods" as Starscream refers to them, to transfer his spark to Trypticon. Also I'm getting this whole Mothra vs Godzilla vibe when looking at the impending battle between Metroplex & Trypticon (In the original 1964 film, Mathra was portrayed as older and weak, which is why the Twin fairies knew she would not survive her encounter with Godzilla)

The main characters are basically all split up, looks like It's up to Windblade to "Get the band back together"...whch I assume will take up a good portion of this shows story. Also...one wonders how the council got formed anyway...Starscream was corrupt, The Mistress of Flame is incompetent and doesn't know anything about anybody it seems, and Rodimus doesn't want to be a leader obviously...

There are two entries currently on Wikipedia that were not revealed in previews, and were not on TF wiki as of yesterday, for obvious reasons. I always take Wiki with a grain of salt because...well anyone can enter information into it. But there's:

Tay Zonday as the Chorus of the Primes (I can only guess this was who Rodimus was speaking to when he abdicated the Matrix)

&

Robin Atkin Downes as Overlord. This intrigues me a bit. But we have not seen his name in the credits (as far as I know), and nothing has been hinted at toward his appearing in this series. I mean it would be cool to see a few more characters show up, there are still eight episodes left. I'm just not sure with the limited budget it we will get any more surprises.[/spoiler]

Since recently obtaining TLK Blu Ray Target exclusive with CW edited together as a movie, I was thinking to myself, when its all said and done TR will be between 100-110 minuets, pretty much a full movie. Watching Justice League Action has taught me, you can do quite a bit in 10 minuets to make a good and fun action packed story with only a few characters. Now I understand TR has probably 10% or less the budget of a cable network TV animated series, but if the pace does not even out a little, we could have the opposite problem we had with CW. Instead of not enough time, there could be in fact too much time, and this could feel like it drags on. I hope things pick up a bit, I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921621)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 14th, 2017 @ 11:49am CST
Tay Zonday is the Chorus of the Primes, yes.

As for the Overlord voice credit, that strikes me as another of Wikipedia's typical unfounded claims.

Are you sure about that narrator credit, though?
Re: First Two Episodes of Machinima's Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Released (1921622)
Posted by leokearon on November 14th, 2017 @ 11:49am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Yo, non-U.S. viewers! Until we get an official venue for watching outside the U.S., YouTuber Angelina Pax has put the episodes up broken down into chunk form. Here's a playlist with all the parts for episodes 1 and 2:

I'll wait until an official non-us channel appears. Watching it in bits defeats the point of having 10 minute episode

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Warrior Class Blurr - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 22 seconds
Transformers Slog Voyager Class Age of Extinction - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 1 minute 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE TALKING MASK HELMET & HAND CANNON with LIGHTS & SOUNDS - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 6 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars SUPERION G2 AERIALBOTS - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 12 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return FORTRESS MAXIMUS - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 14 minutes 4 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations  Megatron. Combiner Wars NEW in Box - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 14 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2006 Darksyde Megatron Cyber Key Only Hard To Find!!! - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 15 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Generations WHEELJACK Deluxe Class 100% Complete w/ Instructions - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 16 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent