Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today!

Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today!

Tuesday, June 26th, 2007 12:45pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 34,186

This is a friendly reminder that Activision's Transformers Movie game has been released today for the PC, XBOX 360, PS3, PS2, and Wii. So head over to your favorite retailer and pick it up. Remember the choice is yours to Protect or Destroy!

Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184884)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 26th, 2007 @ 12:53pm CDT
Not over here. None of the gamestops had it.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184889)
Posted by primalVICTORY on June 26th, 2007 @ 12:55pm CDT
It comes out the 28th..i went to my future shop today and they dont have it. the sign there said the 28th sooo, 2 more days.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184901)
Posted by Officer Prowl on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:01pm CDT

The special edition comes with 2 extra levels and a behind the scenes disk.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184903)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:05pm CDT
Officer Prowl wrote:I just stopped by Gamestop and purchased the Cybertronian edition for the 360. I also had to buy a 360 to play it on. My wife is going to KILL me. LOL

The special edition comes with 2 extra levels and a behind the scenes disk.

I hate you. My gamestop got fraked again. I have to wait untill tomorrow to get it.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184906)
Posted by First-Aid on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:07pm CDT
Got it..thanks to a couple trade ins and gift card it cost me 37 cents...heh heh. Been playing for the last hour non-stop...I'm liking it so far, but I'm stuck on this cement mixer drone; we've been fighting for 15 minutes but it seems to have no health bar...:-/ It just keeps coming...
BTW..."One shall stand...one shall fall" I nearly crapped my pants...
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184916)
Posted by primalVICTORY on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:12pm CDT
ok this isnt fair! my stores get it in 2 days!
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184920)
Posted by CInemastique on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:14pm CDT
The PC version at Target is out today, but the other versions don't come out there until later this week. Of course, the PC version is the exact same software, but it only costs $20. If you have a decent machine and a gamepad, it's a no-brainer.

I'm liking the game. Cullen is awesome, of course. It controls a little oddly... not quite the Hulk: Ultimate Destruction meets GTA we were promised, but fun anyway. And for the money, yeah. Awesome.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184931)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:19pm CDT
Im begining to think that the shipment went to the wrong store again. If it did theres no point is rusjing out to get it. I have to pick upi the movie comic tomorrow so ill get it when i get that.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184942)
Posted by BenSpark on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:26pm CDT
I pre-ordered mine and have gotten a bunch of e-mails form Best Buy telling me that it would be in today and then it won't be in today and then back to it being in today. I called the store but they were useless on the phone. I'll go over and see if I can pick it up today if they have it. Can't wait to play it.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184943)
Posted by First-Aid on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:26pm CDT
OK...I'm officially stumped...does ANYONE have any idea how to beat this cement mixer drone? 30 minutes later and still going at it...kinda annoying
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184950)
Posted by ChrisRiss on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:30pm CDT
places around here wont get it until friday...
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184955)
Posted by Bilko90 on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:32pm CDT
did you get it for 360 or ps3 First-Aid?

you like it you say. i really wanna get it so i might try and buy it on ebay and get it in a few days or so. im gonna get that (ps3) and the ds version hopefully as there are US versions on uk ebay so.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184972)
Posted by RichGarner on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:50pm CDT
I got mine for the Wii... took it home for lunch played for a while.

First impressions:

The Good = Gameplay! Racing around town trying to beat the Decepticon clones to Sam, getting stuck in traffic, transform, jump three lanes, climb over buildings, jump and transform back into car in time to land and speed off... wicked cool!

The Bad = Controls! It might be unique to the Wii, but the camera control was a little wonky and I got frustrated trying to look around (still can't figure out how to do it). Also, I can crash into cars and Decepticons and send them flying, but I come to a dead stop when I hit debris or a fallen tree. ????

The Bottom Line = In my opinion, fans will love it and have a blast racing, transforming and fighting. However, there might be less appeal to non-fans simply due to the controls and physics.

I'll get the PC game and try that out.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184975)
Posted by RichGarner on June 26th, 2007 @ 1:52pm CDT
Oh, also... does anyone else notice low volume? I had to crank my TV up to max and it's still not as loud as it should be. Again, might be a Wii-only problem.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184982)
Posted by BluePhirePB on June 26th, 2007 @ 2:02pm CDT
Is there a PC demo available?
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (184988)
Posted by inturnmike on June 26th, 2007 @ 2:04pm CDT
I went to 2 Target stores in my area, and they said it doesnn't come out until the 28th. Then, I called another one and it said the 27th. Then I called one that said it should have come out on the 17th. TARGET IS F_ED UP!!! Also, Is the Target version the ONLY version for ps2 that you can unlock G1 skins in? I did find a copy at TRU (had to have the employee look through a ton of unopened boxes from the back), and bought it. Should I have waited for the ROBO-Vision one from Gaye Target? Has anyone played the PS2 game yet? Is it good? I can't wait to get home and play it in 2 hours! :grin:
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (185028)
Posted by Ballistic90 on June 26th, 2007 @ 2:29pm CDT
I have the Wii version and I'm loving it. The camera controls aren't bad when you get used to it. I turned the sensitivity to full, and basically, when you point to the edge of the screen, the camera will move in that direction. It's hard to get used to, but intuitive when it does. It also looks amazing on the Wii.

By the way, just ignore the IGN reviews. I'm thinking they must have played an entirely different game, because they apparently don't know how to shut the hell up and have fun.
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (185036)
Posted by CInemastique on June 26th, 2007 @ 2:34pm CDT
I never had any problems with a cement mixer drone. But then, I'm only on the second Jazz mission.

Also, ALL versions of the console and PC games are identical. That means G1 skins, bonus Cybertron missions, etc. are all available. Target gives you the code to unlock G1 skins, and the Cybertron Edition gives you the code to unlock the Cybertron levels without having to beat the game, but you might as well just get them online.

As for the Cybertron edition, you're basically paying for the bonus disc with interviews. The game disk is supposed to be identical.

The controls and camera still have me a little frustrated.

Does anyone know how/where to input the Generation One codes? It doesn't work during actual gameplay...
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (185050)
Posted by inturnmike on June 26th, 2007 @ 2:46pm CDT
NICE! So I do not have to return this and wait two days for the lame Target version! I like that!
Re: Friendly Reminder, Transformers Movie Game Released Today! (185065)
Posted by reanimate28 on June 26th, 2007 @ 2:54pm CDT

The special edition comes with 2 extra levels and a behind the scenes disk.

cool dude, whAT version of the 360 did u buy i want to buy the basic one whats the difference between the 3 models the 0ne is 299 then 399 then 499 i dont know the console to well can you or anyone help with info

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Target Exclusive Runabout" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots QUICKSHADOW BOULDER SPARES" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1986 G1 Decepticon Battlecharger Runabout Friction RIFLE Weapon EUC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY