Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR!

Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR!

Thursday, April 1st, 2010 12:08pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Press Releases, Digital Media News, Editorials
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 92,690

Parry Game Preserve have received their Hasbro Q&A answers and one of them is a real killer!
Preserve: At Toy Fair this year, a Classics 3.0 Drift was shown. Has a redeco/retool been planned for this toy at this time?
Hasbro: Yes, we have planned a redeco for this item. So to beat you to your next question, it will be Blurr. We have tooled up a new head and weapons for him and let us say, he looks awesome!

So all Blurr fans can already look forward to a new Blurr!

To see the full Q&A just click here.

To see seibertron.com's ow Q&A answers just click here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Parry Game Preserve

Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060522)
Posted by goshjosh95 on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:11pm CDT
Oh man, that is GREAT news! :KREMZEEK:

Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060523)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:14pm CDT
I'm pretty happy with Animated Blurr. But more power to Blurr fans.
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060525)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:16pm CDT
goshjosh95 wrote:This better not be an elaborate April Fool's day prank on Blurrz (otherwise, I'm gonna cry too). :P

Oh man why didn't I think of that? That would have been awesome.
Next time Gadget next time! :twisted:
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060529)
Posted by Anonymous on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:31pm CDT
Oh crap. Don't screw up hasbro. This news is making me drool.... =P~
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060530)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT
Woot! He'll make a good Autobot match against my Galvatron! Nice work, Hasbro! :APPLAUSE: Can't wait to see the first pics of the figure! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060532)
Posted by autobot-jolt on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:37pm CDT
I'm taking this as a grain of salt right now. This is April Fools Day, after all. :-?

Wow, it's been like two months since my last post! So, I can say I'm back. Don't worry, felow Seibetronians, Autobot-Jolt has been keeping up with all the news; I've just been too lazy to log in and post anything. ;)
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060533)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:38pm CDT
Nice!! I was kiiinda hoping that Blurr would have been repainted from Drift. But the best part is, NEW HEAD MOLD!! I would've been fine with just a recolor, but way to go Hasbro for doing that extra step. Oh, and new weapons too. Trying to stay ahead of the 3rd party curve are we? LOL! More money in our pockets!!

Hmmm, I wonder where Blurrz is?
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060535)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:42pm CDT
I know it's still April 1st, but hasn't the time for pranks come and gone?

I can understand where they're coming from, but I've always preferred the distinctive, pointy nosed, Cybertronian racer form for Blurr. Still, if the robot form looks good, I'm onboard.
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060537)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:49pm CDT
Unexpected to say the least.

An unexpected straight answer from the company we all love to hate despite their best efforts, and a repaint of a figure not even released yet!

I guess if this is indeed true, and they answer questions this direct this honestly, we need to ask more like this.

After all, they do like to have any new head molds created at the same time as the original tool, as we learned from Cybertron Scrapmetal.

If they don't have a repaint planned with a new head... No dice I guess.

*Funny, I thought they were not going to answer questions about whether they would repaint this mold into this or that character.*

HASBRO!!!!! :MR-T: You played us for a buncha' sucka's.

Well worded to get past the 'ol HASBRO key word sort.
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060539)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:51pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:

Hmmm, I wonder where Blurrz is?

I see him lurking.

And no I don't think this is an April fools prank, as this was posted yesterday on the original site.
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060541)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:54pm CDT
Blurrz, I hope it's true:) I'll be there to hold you up if it's not, we all will. Off topic did you see my post in the P/CP topic? I wasn't sure if you were just frontin' but I holla'd back saying I got extra march specials to sell ya (member pricing + shipping). I figured the set is a must have for your collection seeing as it has four minicons!
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060542)
Posted by Blurrz on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:56pm CDT

You better not be lactose intolerant because this is Legen...wait for it..wait for it... dairy.

Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060543)
Posted by DavidT on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:57pm CDT
WOW!... that was the most straight-forward, non-confusing, friendly answer we've ever gotten from Hasbro.... Someone must of got some nookie last night LOL! :P

Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060544)
Posted by Kryptikore on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:58pm CDT
Wow... if true that would be all kinds of friggin Awesomeness!!! I already can't wait to get my hands on Drift!
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060545)
Posted by Forgotten on April 1st, 2010 @ 12:58pm CDT
:KREMZEEK: That's great. I kinda hope they retool and repaint it again into a decepticon version too, maybe wildrider. I'll bet Blurrz creamed himself. 8-}
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060547)
Posted by JesWal on April 1st, 2010 @ 1:02pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Unexpected to say the least.

That's the thing isn't it? It seems strange for Hasbro to just come right out and tell us the repaint of a figure that has yet to even be released, especially when they supposedly weren't taking questions pertaining to individual figures or molds.

On the other hand however, the time of the post was 5:24 PM, March 31st. Seibertron just happened to post the news today, April Fools Day. It could be the site trying to pull one over on the Fandom, but given the time and date, it doesn't quite make sense. Early April Fools pranks are nothing new of course, but they are generally looked down upon even more than those actually taking place on the first.

Latsly, it could be Hasbro messing with us. But why choose this question? It seems to me that they would pick a much more wanted figure, like a new Omega Supreme, or a new Soundwave. I've not heard of anyone wanting a Blurr repaint of Drift. It's a rather strange choice for a joke.

I just don't know... If this is real, it's super great news. But despite the evidence, my bull-shit alarm is screaming that it's fake...
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060550)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 1st, 2010 @ 1:09pm CDT
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060551)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 1st, 2010 @ 1:12pm CDT
JesWal wrote:It seems to me that they would pick a much more wanted figure, like a new Omega Supreme, or a new Soundwave.

If they had said Omega or Soundwave, it would show that they really don't think much of our intelligence. I don't think anyone would fall for that one on today of all days.
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060553)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 1st, 2010 @ 1:19pm CDT
Doubledealer25 wrote:HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I MUST HAVE IT!!!! THE CLASSICS IS MY FAVORITE TOY LINE!!!!! :-B :KREMZEEK:

I know!! Me too. I've pretty much stopped all other stuff and if anything, kinda wanna sell a lot of my TF stuff that doesn't fit into my classics/neo classics stuff. I wanna streamline my collection because of how awesome this line is.

*I include my botcon sets as part of classics too*
Re: Generations Drift's repaint will be: BLURR! (1060556)
Posted by City Commander on April 1st, 2010 @ 1:33pm CDT
FECKING YUS.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WRECK-GAR Lot For Parts With Gun, Vintage Takara 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G19 Hunter ratchet" on EBAY