GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update

GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update

Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 6:26pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 23,344

We received an update on the upcoming GI Joe/Transformers Club Membership figure courtesy of the Club. Here is the update:

To members of both clubs:

All Domestic free figures were mailed on 6/2/16. These items were sent via bulk mail service through the Post Office, which can take 3-4 weeks for delivery.

All International free figures were mailed on 6/24/16. These items were sent via bulk mail international service through FedX, which can take 6-8 weeks for delivery. These originally were supposed to go DHL and we had many issues with them so we had to switch to Fedex. Fedex transports the figures to your country and puts them in your country's mail system. We apologize for the delay.

If you do not receive your figure(s) by the end of July, please contact us at admin@funpubinc.com, and we will be happy to check on your figure.

These shipments do not have individual tracking numbers since they were sent via bulk mail services. If your item has to be re-routed for any reason this can make the delivery process even longer. If your item is returned to us due to an address change, you will be notified, and you will be responsible for the new shipping fee. If you had multiple memberships and multiple figures coming, these are not guaranteed to be delivered together. To be eligible for the 2016 free figure item you had to be an active member on or by 3/18/16.

Please do not contact our office until the end of July concerning these figures.

Thanks for your support! Have a great summer!

Brian

Credit(s): Transformers/GI Joe Collectors Club

Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1802035)
Posted by kurthy on June 30th, 2016 @ 12:43am CDT
I'm guessing they could have saved themselves a lot of customer service emails and sent this note out when the figures were shipped, but, you know, funpub.
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1809449)
Posted by durroth on July 27th, 2016 @ 6:46am CDT
Autobot Pretender Harambe
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1809879)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 28th, 2016 @ 10:44am CDT
Shouldn't the next sub figure have been mailed or should be mailed about now?

I thought there was an email about that last week.

Impactor or Bludgeon? I think Impactor to delay the combining as long as possible.
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1809882)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2016 @ 10:46am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Shouldn't the next sub figure have been mailed or should be mailed about now?

I thought there was an email about that last week.

I've heard others say that the shipping methods they use have indicated that the next one may possibly be on its way.
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1809891)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 28th, 2016 @ 10:59am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I thought there was an email about that last week.

Ok, I usually hear about that stuff too, it just hasn't happened this time around.

I always get my figure the day after the first arrival.

I'm kind of eagerly anticipating Bludgeon for some reason. >:oP
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1809933)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 28th, 2016 @ 1:15pm CDT

I thought there was an email about that last week.

Gonna have to disagree with you and say Bludgeon is next due to it being easier to ship the 7th figure with Impactor than it would with Bludgeon
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1810086)
Posted by Zeedust on July 28th, 2016 @ 7:15pm CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote:

I thought there was an email about that last week.

I don't see how delaying the combination further benefits them, since by figure 5 you'll have had to pay for everything anyhow IIRC. I'd think they'd go for Bludgeon first so the combiner COULD be made, and hold Impactor back to start the next one after. Especially if the bonus figure is part of Wreckage, in which case releasing it with Impactor means they can show Wreckage on Impactor's instructions.
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1817679)
Posted by KennethAkfaer on August 23rd, 2016 @ 12:53am CDT
G.I. Joe x TF Hologram (G2) Megatron in hand
Next to the Takara TG28 Magatron and Chop Shop
20160823_124135.jpg

20160823_123903.jpg

20160823_123819.jpg

20160823_123454.jpg

The metallic silver paint of his head is more metallic silver than TG 28
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1828430)
Posted by Railbomb on September 25th, 2016 @ 6:36pm CDT
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1828458)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on September 25th, 2016 @ 8:28pm CDT
Railbomb wrote:So have we heard anything new about TFSS 5.0 yet? I'd imagine they'd have to start shipping out soon to get them all out in time, maybe even have to pair up figures since they have until December to get them out.

Nothing since a July email that said not until late Fall. And, yes, that they'd have to ship multiple figures together.

Note that Fall began this past week.
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832538)
Posted by Emerje on October 11th, 2016 @ 4:49pm CDT

due to delays at the manufacturer, these should arrive in time to ship around the end of the year. However, there has been a change in the process. These figures will be packed into only three shipments, 2 figures, 2 figures and the final 2 figures with the bonus figure.

This means that there will be an installment payment due in January and one in February. The billing dates will not be set until we know the shipment is on it's way here.

So I guess December, January, and February releases?

Emerje
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832579)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on October 11th, 2016 @ 7:39pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Finally, an update at the bottom of their latest club store email. Looks like some of this has been pushed back to 2017.

So I guess December, January, and February releases?

Emerje

Time will tell. I don't read this as shipping in 2017. Just paying.

Yes, this would be a change from past practice.
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832580)
Posted by Emerje on October 11th, 2016 @ 7:46pm CDT
G.B. Blackrock wrote:Time will tell. I don't read this as shipping in 2017. Just paying.

Yes, this would be a change from past practice.

Problem is if they ship them all at the end of the year there's nothing stopping people from using false payment information for the remaining installments. There's also no point in doing three shipments if they're all coming at the same time.

Emerje
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832637)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on October 11th, 2016 @ 10:53pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Yes, this would be a change from past practice.

Emerje

I don't disagree that it's a potential problem. I'm also not convinced that they're legally able to make shipments later. They've sounded pretty definitive in this matter in the past,
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832646)
Posted by Emerje on October 11th, 2016 @ 11:54pm CDT
G.B. Blackrock wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Yes, this would be a change from past practice.

Emerje

No, I agree, that was my understanding as well, but then why not just charge us in November and December instead? It's not like they can't charge the remaining installments first like they do the pay-in-full folks. I don't know, there's nothing normal going on with this subscription round.

Emerje
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832650)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 12th, 2016 @ 12:05am CDT
Thanks to the Transformers Collector's Club via several different email sources, we have an update on the final figures that the Club will be producing. Among the news given to us were the final Pre-orders, which consist of the G.I. Joe Club/Transformers Club Crossover Exclusive 5 pack(Scarlett Ninja Force, Dr. Sidney Biggles-Jones, Cobra Commander, Megatron, Ratbat), the 2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human ARCEE Figure, and the 2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human RODIMUS PRIME Figure. Also included was mention that Figure Subscription Service 5.0 will be shipping late in the year, manufacturing issues included, and the figures will be arriving in groups of 2 now. You can see the whole email update below.

Hello members,

As we get closer to the end of the club we have a couple of updates on our final TF related products. You can now pre-order the:

(PRE-ORDER) 2016 G.I. Joe Club/Transformers Club Crossover Exclusive 5 pack(Scarlett Ninja Force, Dr. Sidney Biggles-Jones, Cobra Commander, Megatron, Ratbat) 1 set $129 +shipping (PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY IN-STOCK ITEMS TO THIS PRE-ORDER)

(PRE-ORDER) 2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human ARCEE Figure (1 pc) $29+shipping (PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY IN-STOCK ITEMS TO THIS PRE-ORDER)

(PRE-ORDER) 2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human RODIMUS PRIME Figure (1 pc) $29 +shipping (PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY IN-STOCK ITEMS TO THIS PRE-ORDER)

These items will ship to you just before Christmas if the current schedule holds. As with the FSS 5.0 order policy, any member or former member back to about mid 2012 that is in the current online system can log in and pre-order these items. Remember that the quantities are being split between the two clubs.

As for the

Thanks for your continued support!

Brian
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832716)
Posted by kurthy on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:18am CDT
I'm a little disappointed this will go into the new year, but it does free up my wallet now.
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832732)
Posted by Grahf_ on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:34am CDT
Yeah, it's a little upsetting that 5.0 won't be coming until next year but damn, my wallet needs a break this year. I have quite a few preorders for November and December and two installment payments on top of those would've hurt. Then there's also Christmas as well. I was also hoping to not have to order such a big lot just for that green Megatron. I guess I'll have to pass on him as I don't have the extra money to order the set and sell off what I don't want. Especially because I might end up not selling the rest of the set off.

Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832736)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:38am CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:I still think it's a waste that Scorponok isn't using the Blackjack mold considering Toxitron is using the Battle Core Optimus mold. Scamper is cool and all especially since I don't have him yet but another Blackjack would've been better for the combiners sake.
Scorponok is using the Scamper mold so as to let Scorponok be considered an accessory to Fractyl rather than as his own figure, like how Scamper was deemed an accessory to Metroplex.

Plus, the Scamper mold has a visored face with a mouth and big forearms like Scorponok had, whereas the Blackjack mold doesn't have those distinctively Scorponok-like features. Nor is Scorponok meant to be part of a combiner.
Re: GI Joe and Transformers Club Free Membership Figure update (1832833)
Posted by triKlops on October 12th, 2016 @ 11:24am CDT
So, i got in on all 3 crossover sets.
I had originally hoped that the only human 2packs would have made it through but i will take the 2 single offerings and hope that the other 2 will show up somehow in the "future"...
The set is intriguing, however it really was the MP Rabat that sold me on it.
Whether or not that will prove wise will only be learned once i have it in hand.
On another note, purchasing these has me seriously considering the SDCC16 crossover set as well.
Never got my hands on one of the SDCC x-over offerings before, so it would be a good addition now that the TFCC items are a go.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2011 DOTM Cyberverse legion Ratchet figure (missing right hand)" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron X - Sealed figure - Transformers Cyberverse Adventures - 1-step changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse Adventures BUMBLEBEE WHEELJACK Gravity Cannon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY