Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron

Transformers News: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron

Friday, August 23rd, 2019 9:37pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,464

Hasbro has just posted a video where the brand team answers questions that were asked regarding their big Unicron. As of right now there are 2,945 backers through pulse but this does not include orders from other channels yet. 8,000 orders are needed for this toy to be produced. Here is a breakdown of what we learn, of course please watch the video to see exactly what was said.

There is currently no intention on extending the deadline.

There are no lights and sounds, conversion was the most important part.

While what we have seen so far is a prototype, it is the best representation of the colour the final toy will have.

The project started over a year and a half ago.

He has six joints in each of the hands with a total of 50 articulation points.

The bot alone is 19 pounds.

He has both 5mm and 3mm ports for integration with the Siege line (and anything else that fits those measures).

You can watch the video here.

Transformers News: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron

Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035517)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 23rd, 2019 @ 9:47pm CDT
Radioactivepanda wrote:The movie never really showed the actual transformation past the arms swinging out.

More than you think actually: the legs sliding out was also shown and, albeit minor and just an assumption, the shoulder shifting into position too. The rest was just filler. :-P
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035518)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 9:52pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Like when they transform autobot city? Man whenever I watch that, it seems to go on for hours.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035541)
Posted by joevill on August 24th, 2019 @ 9:46am CDT
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035545)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 24th, 2019 @ 10:16am CDT
joevill wrote:8,000 is not just the target but the minimal required to start production. It doesn't seem like we will be getting this. It will be a sad sad day next Saturday when this backed project fails to meet the quota.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, as said in the article, this is just based on the preorders from the Pulse site alone, and doesn't include all the other websites preorders that may be added in before the final date.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035550)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on August 24th, 2019 @ 10:57am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

:???:
..Not really, no

0:42 Arms extend out, legs visible.

0:43 - 0:47 legs emerge

0:48 - 1:00 Forearms retract, hands emerge

1:01 - 1:11 Remaining lower torso planet kibble retracts to form crotch and reveal abs.

>Unseen< Head emerges here and rotates

1:11 - 1:14 - Upper torso kibble retracts towards the head.

^ This bit is important. Unicron is not thin, in the Movie. You could infer that with his head raised and legs extended, his body collapses down to fill that void. But not enough to streamline him.
I also say his upper kibble retracts towards his head, based on the jets that suddenly appear at his midsection on his back.

This was one of those films, for me as a little kid, that was left on to repeat endlessly. To the extent even as a 3y/o, I knew it word for word (and I did voices for everyone too). I still do :-D

ZeroWolf wrote:

Assuming of course, that the other sites will do more than equal the numbers Hasbro has via Pulse, of course. Which is a big if.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035551)
Posted by Stargrave on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:04am CDT
God I love that scene. I can remember being in the theater as a kid and my jaw hitting the floor. I mean Optimus dies, and yet somehow they keep upping the bar scene after scene culminating in Unicron transforming. I can remember speculating with friends I’d went with where he came from, what his origins were. Best moments of my childhood have that movie attached to them I swear. I used to watch it constantly but my kids aren’t into it and I haven’t watched it in way too long.

And I did all the voices too that’s so funny it’s how I perfected my Optimus that was so fun, man. Great times.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035552)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:06am CDT
Stargrave wrote:I can remember speculating with friends I’d went with where he came from, what his origins were.
What ideas did you guys come up with?
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035553)
Posted by Stargrave on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:11am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
What ideas did you guys come up with?

Well I was left wondering about the Quintessons just if there was any connection there I mean to me I was like is he their Lucifer is he older than time is he like Galactus is he the first Decepticon (???) speculation was rampant as my ma drive us home. I was very disappointed with the Primacron origin that didn’t work for me. I don’t think I was satisfied until I read the Furman origin the first time I was like THATS IT THATS THE ONE I LIKE. It just jibed with my kid comic book reader mentality.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035554)
Posted by Stargrave on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:17am CDT
God...”you underestimate me...” and I was like what? What’s he...? Is that? NO, no way! So much awesome. And before knowing Rodimus Prime happened, not knowing how they’d win against this thing. I was too young to wait on the McGuffin you know? No idea Rod would open the Matrix. And I’ll be honest everyone, cried. L’il bit, just l’il bit. L’il Stargrave teared up when the Matrix opened and I got to hear Optimus one more time. Hell it gets me misty now and I’m a grown a$$ man :lol: won’t even lie.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035555)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:18am CDT
Yes, whatever Unicron Fan Theories existed (pre-Furman, of course) NO ONE would have predicted... The Monkey :roll:

Apparently an unused idea from the Movie would have been the Quintesson court was connected to Unicron. That they hunted down the survivors and put them on "trial". Which actually gives what they are doing in the final release some context. I think they should have gone with this link, personally.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035556)
Posted by Stargrave on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:18am CDT
I’ll be honest with you I wish his leg blew off like a spring loaded rocket fist.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035557)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:26am CDT
That would be a extremely silly idea :lol: To be fair though, Unicron would end up linked to the first Decepticon in some continuity (and classed as a con on toy packaging despite not caring at all about any of them) via his corruption of Megatronus (aka the Fallen)
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035559)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:30am CDT
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035560)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:35am CDT
Even with IDW 1.0 establishing it as just a fake religion that Shockwave set up? To my knowledge only Transformers Prime and its spin offs went full hog with the thirteen (talking on screen only at this point) Cyberverse has hinted at one of them but that's it so far
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035562)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:35am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:The Thirteen was the worst idea and concept to happen in any continuity. The Prime fetish, even made it into retconning the origin of the series...

It's either that, or have the battle with your nemesis wipe out the very life you seek to protect (a point made in the Marvel comics).

Would it be much to ask for a scale comparison with Cybertron Primus, in both modes?
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035564)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:38am CDT
I realise that I neglected Transformers Cybertron with Vector Prime, completely slipped my mind
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035565)
Posted by Stargrave on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:42am CDT
I’ll be honest, total Prime nut. The 13, all of them. I loved it. But I always loved Greek mythology as a kid and I think it played to that interest. It does complicate everything Transformers to a high degree though I can respect anyone who was turned off by that I totally get it. I love mystery, and yet I love answers. I can go both ways on that.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035567)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:45am CDT
The Quintesson origin of Sunbow was more Palettable than "A Prime for every occasion"...

IDW 1.0 would be Megatron: Origin to Maximum Dinobots, no? Silly retcons came in much later.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035570)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2019 @ 12:03pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:IDW 1.0 would be Megatron: Origin to Maximum Dinobots, no?
No. It's 2005-2018. IDW2 is the new one that came out this year.
Re: Hasbro Answers our Questions about Haslab Unicron (2035571)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on August 24th, 2019 @ 12:08pm CDT
Yes, but there is a clear divide between Furman's IDWverse and what came after. By the time of OP and LL, they certainly didn't feel like parts of the same universe.

Furman wouldn't have dropped the ball so heavily on Unicron either.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #244 - Call Me Maybe
"Call Me Maybe"
Posted: Saturday, March 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers G1 Platinum Edition SEEKER SQUADRON Digre Thrust Ramjet Gift Toy?" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Platinum Edition SEEKER SQUADRON Digre Thrust Ramjet Gift Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction 2014 Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on EBAY